Author Topic: Best hip-hip artist to come out in the last 5 years???????  (Read 434 times)

teecee

Re: Best hip-hip artist to come out in the last 5 years???????
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 09:00:14 PM »
^^Its actually "Diamonds Are Forever" I loved that track that was real hip hop, but overall dude is as overated as a artist can be.
gone is miles ahead of diamonds. but i think that down and out is pure crack. do you have any of the tracks he did with sas?

nah sorry.  Yeah Down and Out was great but most of that was due to Killa.  Can you hook up "Gone"   I dont have it on my media player anymore.

You know what man, whatever your opinion with is cool with me, but what real impact has Juelz had on the game??? Has he made anyone else copy his shit, his type of music?  To me, dude has had ZERO impact, unless you are a Dipset fanatic.

And DOWN and OUT was an incredible song, Cam killed that shit.  But dude, that is one of Kanye's best beats ever, and this is generally agreed upon, so to say its dope only cuz of Cam's rapping is a little farfetched.

And you gotta bump GONE, the production is BANANAS dude, and i think you'd admit COnsequence kills Cam on there ("knock knock/who's there? killa cam, killa who?"""  

and i'm not a huge Ludacris fan, but when we talk about impact, can it even be argued that Luda>>> Juelz?????

And yo, if Kanye has only one good song, you must not be counting this shit he produces for other people, right?

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »
^^Yeah Im talking about Kanye solos, its just my opinion.  Damn I forgot how great "Gone" is, awesome beat but I think Cam comes the best, he murdered his verse.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 09:46:51 PM »
lol@ Santana having a impact that shit is funny common.

Now im not a big fan of Kanye but he has had a impact of hip hop in the last 2 or 3 years.

A impact today is different too remember that.
Its not realy political or Nwa, Ice cube, P.E or even the era Puff brought in

santana had no impact on hip hop he has a buzz people dig his shit theres a difference

Eazy
cube
Dre
Tupac
Nas
Wu
Big
LL cool J
Rakim
Puff
Those are names that have had a real impact or left a real mark on hip hop

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 10:18:07 PM »
The Game

Santana

Cassidy

Lil Wayne (been around longer i know, but his 2 classics came out in last 5)

Kanye

Joe Beast. lol j/k

The Maestro

herpes

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 10:39:47 PM »
you know whats sad... the best artist to come out in the past 5 years got fucked over due to label politics and other bull shit like ali vegas and crooked I... well crooks been around 6-7 years now.  But the past 5 years havnt been to great when it comes to new artist.  The only one off the top of my head that has had any real impact is kayne.  does cormega count.. hes been in the game since 96 but dropped his first album in 2002.  His impact isnt big at all... but he has put out better music then anyone else mentioned in this thread.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 10:44:54 PM »
Crooked I could of been the best easily but shit just didnt work out for him. But he has been around much longer than before 01.

herpes

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 10:57:21 PM »
Generation Gap >>> any album the cats listed in this thread dropped

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 11:23:20 PM »

:nawty:

Generation gap < < The carter 1 & 2

The Maestro

herpes

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 11:53:17 PM »

:nawty:

Generation gap < < The carter 1 & 2
*tries to hold in laughter.... lets out a slight chuckle* haha...... AHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAH HOLY SHIT HAHAHAHAHAHAH OH SHIT UR FUNNY.... phew... that was a good one

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 12:14:41 AM »
Dint realize the truth was tht funny....oh well.

The Maestro

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 01:01:55 AM »
First guy that came to mind was Chamillionaire, but I'm not sure when he came out. I first heard him in about 2002 when my bitch bought me the Get ya Mind Correct cd with Paul Wall. I dont know if thats actually when it came out though.

DipsetGeneral

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 02:08:07 AM »
This is for everyone that is doubting PRINCE JUELZ in this thread.  This short verse is rap from the heart, he's so sure of himself its scary.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=347973B73626B19B

teecee

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 02:23:30 PM »
lol@ Santana having a impact that shit is funny common.

Now im not a big fan of Kanye but he has had a impact of hip hop in the last 2 or 3 years.

A impact today is different too remember that.
Its not realy political or Nwa, Ice cube, P.E or even the era Puff brought in

santana had no impact on hip hop he has a buzz people dig his shit theres a difference

Eazy
cube
Dre
Tupac
Nas
Wu
Big
LL cool J
Rakim
Puff
Those are names that have had a real impact or left a real mark on hip hop

Totally agree man, dope post.

Point of the thread is hardly any new artist in the game has had a huge impact, it's Kanye and then Luda, and the rest, even if they are your favourite artist(JUELZ), they aren't close to the best.

And DipsetGeneral, i ain't doubtin Juelz, he has SOME nice shit, including what  you posted, but how does that make him the best?  HOw does that prove he has had a "huge" impact as you said???

And yo, Cham is dope but only one cd deep, really only one single.   The Game, we will see after this cd if he can do it by himself.......

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006, 03:07:37 PM »
I'd also say Kanye West. Hes not my favorite thats came out in the last 5 years but hes definetly had the most impact since he revovered from the car accident and got on to the mixtape scene. His mixtapes were dope by the way.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 02:51:21 AM »
Kanye West

The College Dropout - 4.5/5
Late Registration - 4.5/5

I don't know any other "new" artist that has had a better catalogue.