Author Topic: Why did Eminem stop acting after 8 mile?  (Read 159 times)

Doggystylin

Why did Eminem stop acting after 8 mile?
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:41:31 PM »
I remember he got really good reviews for that movie. Why the hell did he suddenly stop? The other day I was just thinking how I never really appreciated it when it came out but now that I look back at it, it was sick. Eminem should continue acting, I'm sure theres thousands of offers for him out there if he actually was looking to pursue his acting career. I mean look at all these other shitty rapper/actors who have gotten loads of movies.

Narrator

Re: Why did Eminem stop acting after 8 mile?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:45:02 PM »
He IS going to continue acting.  He's currently supposed to star in a movie adaptation of "Have Gun, Will Travel".

Back when "8 Mile" was coming out, tho, I remember him saying he didn't have much interest in acting; just that he was doing the movie to tell his story.  Yeah, he did a good job in that movie, but most rappers who play a big-screen version of themselves don't have much range besides that, anyway.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Why did Eminem stop acting after 8 mile?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 02:27:53 AM »
i think most of the reason why he did a good job was because he was playing himself. but if he does good doing something else he should do more movies

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09