Author Topic: One Blood on TRL  (Read 651 times)

EFFeX

Re: One Blood on TRL
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 07:45:17 AM »
Man, they been runnin' this video on MTV and BET... it was intended as a street single yeah, but if the fans feelin' it and requestin' it... the label going to back it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it and money talks!

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 08:01:30 AM »
If it is on the album, Game will have to change the last line.

"This ain't but a warning till my album drop"

But it could be a bonus or hidden track.  Like Kurupts Callin Out Names or 213's So Fly.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 08:20:34 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that this isn't going to be JUST a "street single"?
thats what im thinking.
it may not be the big single but it is the first single. and id bet you that it is on the cd. someone said it probably wasnt gonna be. when are you gonna stop calling it a srteet single? its already on the white girls channel. on the teenage girls music show.

It was a street single from the jump the fact that it did better then they thought doesn't change that.  It is not an official single because honestly it doesnt fit the same generic lead single formula that seems like the only way to go.

Just because One Blood is a street single should they stop trying to get it played when the record has steam?  Why would BWS/Geffen run away from a hit song?
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 10:03:43 AM »
Single or not it is put up or shut up for Game. He still has a couple of months before the album comes out so he needs as much airplay as he can get. Because if he does not go at least platinum, it is damn near over for him. If it sells well, he will prove 50 wrong and he has his own imprint so it will show he can do it on his own. If this bombs, WHO KNOWS where Game will be after that.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »
Single or not it is put up or shut up for Game. He still has a couple of months before the album comes out so he needs as much airplay as he can get. Because if he does not go at least platinum, it is damn near over for him. If it sells well, he will prove 50 wrong and he has his own imprint so it will show he can do it on his own. If this bombs, WHO KNOWS where Game will be after that.

I wouldnt worry about Game selling. Hes on Geffen and they are doing a great job at promotinh( Snoop, Mary, Nelly Furtado), hes creating hype with the whole "lets-diss-another-rapper promotion, all that Dre talk... which is sad, becuase the music should create the hype but thats how it is these days.

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »
I'm not really familiar with Geffen. They used to be distributed by another company before Interscope right? Real talk though Detox. I hope he does sell but off of his talent and not following 50's formula.

ABN

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 12:11:06 PM »

I wouldnt worry about Game selling. Hes on Geffen and they are doing a great job at promotinh( Snoop, Mary, Nelly Furtado), hes creating hype with the whole "lets-diss-another-rapper promotion, all that Dre talk... which is sad, becuase the music should create the hype but thats how it is these days.
aint BEP on Geffen aswell? iŽd rather be on Geffen then Shady or G-Unit coz Geffen even pushed Mos Def to gold.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 12:41:04 PM »
Is it true Mike Dean mixed it?

wcsoldier

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 12:42:05 PM »

aint BEP on Geffen aswell? iŽd rather be on Geffen then Shady or G-Unit coz Geffen even pushed Mos Def to gold.
No BEP is on Interscope

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »
they probably made all the Geffen interns call TRL all day, or paid alot of money and did alot of favours to get "One Blood" on TRL, but that's just a guess.

hater

You confused my statements, it wasn't a disrespect to Game it was a disrespect to TRL fans, meaning it's unlikely that the TRL audience would have called in and voted for the "One Blood" video so I was suggesting that Geffen hooked it up.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 01:30:40 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that this isn't going to be JUST a "street single"?
thats what im thinking.
it may not be the big single but it is the first single. and id bet you that it is on the cd. someone said it probably wasnt gonna be. when are you gonna stop calling it a srteet single? its already on the white girls channel. on the teenage girls music show.

lol well yeah that too. but i said what i said because everything just seems odd with this album. its supposed to drop in 2 months but there is ZER0 promotion.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
Nah, this is still just the "street single."

My guess is that label wanted to just throw out one of its less commercially viable tracks as a buzzer and not waste the big name produced ones from Kanye, Scott Storch, Cool n Dre, Timbaland, possibly Dre, etc.

There is no way that Game/Geffen would put out One Blood as the mainstream single when they have so many options from heavy hitter producers.

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 02:24:11 PM »
they probably made all the Geffen interns call TRL all day, or paid alot of money and did alot of favours to get "One Blood" on TRL, but that's just a guess.

actually people in ny and all over thought tht the one blood was like game featured.... they thought that it was not his track, until the mixtapes. then rotten apple was supposed to drop..... people wanted g-unit to flop......so thus, u got one blood on trl now.