Author Topic: Jay-Z Drops New Single In October  (Read 177 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay-Z Drops New Single In October
« on: September 11, 2006, 04:46:11 PM »
Word is Jay-Z is prepping the release of a new single in October and will follow-up with his comeback album on November 14.

Sources at Def Jam Records told SOHH exclusively that Hov's new single, "Show Me What You Got," will be released some time in October. While rumors are that Jiggaman is scheduled to work with video director Hype Williams, the single's video will apparently be directed by F. Gary Gray ("Friday," "The Italian Job").

Rolling Stone Magazine recently reported that the LP would be dropping on November 14. Rumors are also spreading that Jigga's comeback CD will be entitled Presidential Gala. In recent months, producers like the Neptunes, Kanye West, Cool & Dre and the Runners have leaked information about working with Jigga.

The new album will mark Jay's first solo release since 2003's The Black Album. He has since made guest appearances on remixes with Kanye, Rick Ross and Young Jeezy as well as songs with Beyonce, Mary J Blige and Pharrell Williams among others.

rik

Re: Jay-Z Drops New Single In October
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »
So this is droppin a week after Nas' album in suppose to drop?  Not smart for business.

Narrator

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 04:54:09 PM »
So this is droppin a week after Nas' album in suppose to drop?  Not smart for business.

Chances are, Nas is gonna get pushed back.  Nas doesn't have nearly as much commercial potential as Hov, so of course they gonna go where the paper's at.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »
Watch him try to bury Nas by prolonging his album, causing weak sales, while Jigga puts his album out and does extremely well.

I know if someone made me cry on Hot 97, I would do that same too.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 06:01:48 PM »
Yeah if Jay drops on that date, then I'm sure Nas gets pushed back. 

Watch him try to bury Nas by prolonging his album, causing weak sales, while Jigga puts his album out and does extremely well.

I know if someone made me cry on Hot 97, I would do that same too.

LOL, he probably signed him just to shelf him indefinitely.

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 06:35:04 PM »
Damn, I really bought into all the "Fade to Black" shit.......I thought that was really dope the way he went out...And Jay Z is one of my fav rappers, top 5 for sure....Still, I think its kinda weak hes making a comeback album after all the hype of him retiring.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »
Damn, I really bought into all the "Fade to Black" shit.......I thought that was really dope the way he went out...And Jay Z is one of my fav rappers, top 5 for sure....Still, I think its kinda weak hes making a comeback album after all the hype of him retiring.

Go listen to "My 1st Song" aka the last song on the album aka the last song he was to ever record.  That song right there let you know that he wasn't retiring.  He was stating that from this point out he was gonna treat every project that he did like it was his last.  He's saying that with this mindset, he'd give 100% plus, people would appreciate him more if they thought it was his last as well.  I mean, listen to Biggie on that song.  It's pretty obvious.

So I don't believe he was ever serious about retirement, it was more about putting your all into whatever you do, cuz you never know - it could be your last. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 07:03:05 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

PLANT

teecee

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 08:33:03 PM »

Go listen to "My 1st Song" aka the last song on the album aka the last song he was to ever record.  That song right there let you know that he wasn't retiring.  He was stating that from this point out he was gonna treat every project that he did like it was his last.  He's saying that with this mindset, he'd give 100% plus, people would appreciate him more if they thought it was his last as well.  I mean, listen to Biggie on that song.  It's pretty obvious.

So I don't believe he was ever serious about retirement, it was more about putting your all into whatever you do, cuz you never know - it could be your last. 

Um, sorry dude, but you totally missed the whole idea of the song "My first song." He was writing the song as if it was the start of his career, hence the title. 

But really, everyone always knew Jay would come back, its not really that shocking..........

suckaa free

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 09:09:10 PM »