Author Topic: I still don't get how Daz isnt blown up.  (Read 720 times)

ability

• Lil Geezy
Re: I still don't get how Daz isnt blown up.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 01:28:52 PM »
Yeah, but when people want to do an Olivia Newton job on his ass, it's snoop coming to the rescue.  I understand that is family. Karma is a bitch.  People who have beef with daz might listen to snoop to squash it because it will only take a few phone calls for people not to hear your music, and this is what I am taliking about.  I even heard Mack 10 say it on KDAY around thetime the Young Hoggs dissed him on a mixtape, when his husler's handbook was coming out.

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 01:30:59 PM »
Daz is cool, that's it

I would disagree that he wasn't too good coming in, mainly because Kurupt was writing lots of his raps

he's nothin special on the mic but he's got a nice flow and that's what counts with him

to me it's apparent that he's only good as the paycheck coming to him

it's about motivation, and if tubby can't get his right money he's not gonna put in effort

if you take him too seriously and listen word for word to him than you're an idiot and you have no life

I would say he fell off, but since his new album was fuckin tight I don't think so

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 01:43:48 PM »
I'll take your for it, good music is good music. ;D

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 06:47:04 PM »
Daz did blow up....14years ago.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 07:18:30 PM »
Daz was weak when he came out, then got hella better (around the R.A.W. era), but has since fallen off again. Talent wise? He's almost untouchable. But he doesn't know how to make hits. He can make great music, but music fans seem to like garbage music.

no disrespect, but i think its almost the opposite.

daz was tight when he came out.. one the best songs he did was "Deez Nuts" with Dr Dre.. He was also tight on Doggy Dogg World, the album Dogg Food and then he produced some of the better beats on 2pac's album.

He didn't become a mega star because he decided he wanted to be indy and do street music. It's smart because he dont owe money and he has a nice little cash flow coming in. However, theres no promotion and no big time hits to seperate his name-brand from DPG or being Snoop's cousin..

Really? I always found him hella week on "Deez Nuuts". His verse on "Doggy Dogg World" was okay, but he obviously got overshadowed by Kurupt and Snoop.

I liked him more around 99-02 because his mic presence got better and he had a swagger in his flow. Listen to "Whatcha Talkin Bout" for an example.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 07:25:29 PM »
One word: image.

mackinoz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 07:27:29 PM »
daz didnt blow up for the same reason superfly didnt :(

and i mean the only reason kurupt is a house whold name is because of "it's over" :shutters:

and daz doesnt have credit as a producer like dre does is because daz produces a solo album and raps al over it

dr dre produces a solo album and has other "big name" rappers carry the album for him

mackinoz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 07:29:20 PM »
and RBX had more time on The chronic than Rage Daz & kurupt

why the fuck didnt he get a solo on death row??

he had a different voice and flow...if he was marketed right back in 92-95 he would've blowen up

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »
i gave up on daz after i heard his first solo, i loved his stuff during the chronic era, but that was it.
then i heard "All I Need", and i was surprised in a positive way, i didnt think he had it in him anymore, then came "on some real" shit which i didnt like really but it had that commercial appeal, i've listened trough the whole album, its not a classic or anything but i think daz has shown that he can adapt to whats hot right without makin it sound corny. If he continues makin good moves in the future, i think he eventually will get bigger n sell more records..

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 08:14:18 PM »
daz ain't appealling to the bitches, niggaz listen to what bitches love, pac said it

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 09:43:06 PM »
If Daz didn't blow up in 1996, I guess he can't do it 10 years later. I had hope in him too, but it ain't happening.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 03:19:43 AM »
Bad contracts

Never truely credited or paid for the work he did

Starts shit with alot of rappers

Although he has put out alot of material, it does not match his Dog Food days (exclucing SSG, its close)

Was beefing with Snoop and Dre during Up In Smoke

Most people when they hear a daz beat, STILL THINK IT IS DR. DRE!!!  ;D

smp4life

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 04:34:13 AM »
I just picked up So So Gangsta on impulse at Best Buy since it was only $10. That CD is mediocre at best.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2006, 04:45:34 AM »
Attach some dynamite to him and lit the fuze, that should make him blow up pretty good!

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 03:58:33 AM »
Daz talked too much shit about nearly everyone and isolated himself a little bit form the today's big stars; if he got a guest spot on a 50 cent single SSG would sell an extra 100k copies.