Author Topic: UK WII Pre-Order...  (Read 201 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

KURUPTION-81

Re: UK WII Pre-Order...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »
Im really tempted, £179 is cheap.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Matty

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:16:14 AM »
im glad its gonna be out this side of xmas but i might still order one from US to have it earlier and cheaper. IMO £150 would have been a much fairer pricepoint, us Europeans always get ripped off.

Japan price = £115
American price = £133
Europe = £180

not that its not worth it but we always pay a premium over here :'(

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 03:49:14 AM »
due to the EU we always pay the higher import duty, its designed to try and force us to buy within the market, sucks huh, i've ordered mine!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 02:58:03 PM »
179 is a bit more than i expected..

£179 in dollars is $337.. when the US price is $250...  so we pay 80 bucks more!

This is making me hold back even more.. I'm gonna have to try one.. and try hear what they're like now.. (see how US launch reviews go)

pretty much looks like tony hawk project 8 isn't coming for it either.. theres that "downhill jam" game instead..

and a lot of wii screenshots make it look poor in comparison to even original xbox :/ .. but part of me still loves the whole thing
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:18:05 PM by Overseer »

MIC

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 03:08:38 PM »
im glad its gonna be out this side of xmas but i might still order one from US to have it earlier and cheaper.

Problem is, it's still unknown whether Wii is going to be region-free or not.
Depends who's asked.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732982p1.html

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 03:14:43 PM »
Yup, I believe the Wii will now be region-encoded.  One guy straight out said "no" it won't be region coded, and all 1st party games will be able to be played anywhere.  Then Gamespot contacted Nintendo and they also confirmed 'no, it won't be region encoded'.  Now, this guy from Europe is categorically saying that's all a mistake, and they will be region encoded. 

So i'd err on the side of "yes, they will be region encoded". 

Matty

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 07:17:41 PM »
yeah i read that and it sounds worrying, in particular if online content is region specific. pre-ordered one in gamestation today, 4th on their list 8)

Rish

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 10:11:26 AM »
yeah i read that and it sounds worrying, in particular if online content is region specific. pre-ordered one in gamestation today, 4th on their list 8)

:O

Nice one. I know where I'll be coming round to on release day ;)