Author Topic: Daz Debuts at # 35 selling 23,000 units.  (Read 1358 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
Daz Debuts at # 35 selling 23,000 units.
« on: September 20, 2006, 09:54:40 AM »
Damn I thought he would do atleast the same as Cali Iz Active.  This album is tight and shouldnt have flopped.  I dont see Daz ever realising another album on a major label.

Sparegeez

Re: Daz Debuts at # 35 selling 23,000 units.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 10:06:04 AM »
Wow that's horrible... The West hasn't been able to sell a damn thing for a while now.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
Hmm...still better than 17,000 as we thought. #35 doesn't look bad being on the charts, but the number 23,000 sounds bad.

Roscoe only did 8,000 his first week, and his singles were all on radio.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:41:37 AM »
Thats a shame, the album deserves better sales as its a good album. Hopefully the second single will help .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 10:41:51 AM »
DAMN, that is bad. I am not a big fan of Daz, and thought it would flop, but not 23,000 type of flop. Since he's from the west, I was hoping he'd do at least a 40-50 thousand type of flop. It's somewhat sad because "On Some Real Shit" sounded like a very popular mainstream single. I personally didn't like the album at all. I thought I could count the average/good songs on 1 hand.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »
Its probably because of the promotion..and I think that Daz Killed his buzz by releasing a couple of records before his Official one, and if I remember Jermaine Dupri, wasnt down with that, but Daz kept going..so Im sure JD lost interest and released this records just to be done wit Daz..and in my opinion  if JD was caring bout this release, he would put Daz all over, (magazines, radio, videos)

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
Actually this album is following the trend of record sales the past couple of years. You gotta understand, the general public really does not know who Daz is and this album was his first in almost 8 years on a major. I agree that JD is the deciding factor to whether or not this album will sell anymore, but this is not 1998. Weekend should be the next single and the one with Jagged Edge is cool. You can just this year pull up at least 5-10 artists that sales wise did as bad or worse than Daz. Some had more promotion also.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 11:52:10 AM »
Hows the promotion in the US? Do people actually now this album is coming out? And is his single gettting any airplay?

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »
The video gets played regular on BET but I have never seen it on MTV. As far as the radio, I have only heard the song a couple of times out here in Las Vegas. But they play the hell out of that Candy song that Snoop has.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 12:33:46 PM »
The video gets played regular on BET but I have never seen it on MTV. As far as the radio, I have only heard the song a couple of times out here in Las Vegas. But they play the hell out of that Candy song that Snoop has.

I think MTV is also one of the main reasons why the west isnt coming back. If they gave more attention to the album and showed the clip on a regular basis, all these 15 year old kids would be running to the store to buy the album.

$Eg2$

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 01:02:45 PM »
gotta be lack of promotion our own radio stations out west dont even support our artists that much Kday supports the west the most I gotta say that. The WEst needs its own radio station to help out and a show to showcase the videos.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 02:25:51 PM »
Promotion for west coast albums ALWAYS suck, which is the main reason they dont sell.

I mean look @ MTV and other down south and east coast people in the media, when it comes to west coast albums...they dont know shit and they think by just saying WESTSIDE and throwing the W  is enough  >:(

Fuck that, thats what i hate....people got sick of that stuff along time ago and when they hear that, it makes them not want to buy the album cuz they think its all about that  ::)

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »
Actually this album is following the trend of record sales the past couple of years. You gotta understand, the general public really does not know who Daz is and this album was his first in almost 8 years on a major. I agree that JD is the deciding factor to whether or not this album will sell anymore, but this is not 1998. You can just this year pull up at least 5-10 artists that sales wise did as bad or worse than Daz. Some had more promotion also.
yup

and  :o  @ Roscoe doing 8,000

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 07:11:05 PM »
yeah, not only was he not gettin enuff promotion, not many people look at him as one of tha dopest west coast artists ever dropping a new album on a real label. they look at him as some fat guy who used to be good when tha west was popular and hes just trying to ressurect his career...no surprise to it only selling 23,000 units...plus there aint enuff people who even like him enuff to actually go out and purchase and spend money on it when they can just dl it. dont get me wrong tho son, i bought tha album!
- kemp>mj

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 07:25:47 PM »
I thought he was gonna push more units than Justin Timberlake.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE