Author Topic: The irony of the Game 50 beef  (Read 365 times)

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

The irony of the Game 50 beef
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »
They actually made a good team. You could tell they wanted to get to the level of Pac and Snoop on "2 of America most wanted".

www.tagworld.com/thablaqsinattra

d-nice

Re: The irony of the Game 50 beef
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »
Yeah but egos will kill any good team. Neither wanted to play a role and let the money and acclaim roll in. G Unit would have damn near been unstoppable.

anony

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »
Yeah but egos will kill any good team. Neither wanted to play a role and let the money and acclaim roll in. G Unit would have damn near been unstoppable.

Imagine a G unit west, headed by Game.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 12:46:12 AM »
Just the Kobe Shaq situation revisited through music....but it happens a lot.

Many times, it's hard for two people who are too much alike in talent and in ego to get along. It works when the people can balance each other out, and keep each other's egos moderate enough to function, but that doesn't always happen. With Jordan and Pippen, Pip knew he wasn't gonna be Jordan, but he knew Jordan would never get 100% credit so he was content with being that 2nd super star....especially after realizing he couldn't do it on his own at all. It works with many rapper-producer teams, because both need each other, and there isn't as much conflict. But Game n 50 were too much alike, and Game wasn't just tryin to play second fiddle to him. And he wouldn't have been able to bring up his own group/company with Black Wall Street and take it to G-Unit's level while yelling our G-Unit, so he would never be seen as the Commander like 50 was. And I know that Game wasn't intending on staying with G-Unit...I was trippin off of when Phat Rat told me in September of 2004 that he was gonna leave soon after he dropped his album, and that he had already planned on dissin all of G-Unit...and that was 9-10 months before he even dropped 300 Bars.

Even with our favorites such as Snoop and Dre...you'd think they would make albums together, one after another...but I am sure that there is conflict that has prevented them from working with each other to that extent, whether it was natural conflict due to time, or if it was due to direction, content, or just egos. Most of the best duos usually do have one person who's great, and another who's good but more dependent....such as with Gangstarr.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 01:08:58 AM »
Just the Kobe Shaq situation revisited through music
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Crack Tastic

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 07:40:34 AM »
Just the Kobe Shaq situation revisited through music....but it happens a lot.

Many times, it's hard for two people who are too much alike in talent and in ego to get along. It works when the people can balance each other out, and keep each other's egos moderate enough to function, but that doesn't always happen. With Jordan and Pippen, Pip knew he wasn't gonna be Jordan, but he knew Jordan would never get 100% credit so he was content with being that 2nd super star....especially after realizing he couldn't do it on his own at all. It works with many rapper-producer teams, because both need each other, and there isn't as much conflict. But Game n 50 were too much alike, and Game wasn't just tryin to play second fiddle to him. And he wouldn't have been able to bring up his own group/company with Black Wall Street and take it to G-Unit's level while yelling our G-Unit, so he would never be seen as the Commander like 50 was. And I know that Game wasn't intending on staying with G-Unit...I was trippin off of when Phat Rat told me in September of 2004 that he was gonna leave soon after he dropped his album, and that he had already planned on dissin all of G-Unit...and that was 9-10 months before he even dropped 300 Bars.

Even with our favorites such as Snoop and Dre...you'd think they would make albums together, one after another...but I am sure that there is conflict that has prevented them from working with each other to that extent, whether it was natural conflict due to time, or if it was due to direction, content, or just egos. Most of the best duos usually do have one person who's great, and another who's good but more dependent....such as with Gangstarr.
sounds like game used 50 like a nut rag.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 08:22:57 AM »
i wonder if they'll ever realize this and come together and work again..

lol game said he'd sign 50 to BWS.. on that ahh interview.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 10:08:23 AM »
Game leaving g unit reminds me of Cube leaving Nwa i dont know why just does.

But yeah i dont realy have a problme with 50 im not crazy about his more pop song like candyshop but some off his stuff is pretty good.

Its the rest of g unit to me thats is terrible. Game/50 combo would of made a good record imo

suckaa free

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 10:17:44 AM »
Game and Ya Boy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Game and 50 Cent.

too bad he fucked both up.  does anybody know if Ya Boy is still fuckin wih Game?