Author Topic: Scott Storch losing it?  (Read 540 times)

$do11a biLL$

Re: Scott Storch losing it?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 05:44:29 PM »
Well its true. Boxden is mostly 15-16 yr old mainstream fans that think Papoose is the best rapper ever lived and Scott Storch is the greatest producer ever lived. Oh yeah i forgot to mention they jack the hell out of the dubcc vault too.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 05:53:10 PM »
I'll say....he's definitely not losing it at all, although he is very hit and miss, as he's been through his whole career.

As someone said, everybody wanted that "Lean back" type sound, and from there, his career went to another level. This has been his formula, whether it has been great or average...but he is just milkin it to death. He is an actual musician, and not just another beatmaker, so please believe that he could completely change his style tomorrow with somethin we've never heard before, but he doesn't need to do that because he gets rich off doin the simple, easy beats he does. He's also the most diverse producer in the game to me...the only person who can make a TRUE west coast, east coast, and down south beat, without sounding forced at all.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 11:43:47 PM »
Well its true. Boxden is mostly 15-16 yr old mainstream fans that think Papoose is the best rapper ever lived and Scott Storch is the greatest producer ever lived. Oh yeah i forgot to mention they jack the hell out of the dubcc vault too.

oh sorry I misread, I thought you were talking about dubcc
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 11:58:02 PM »
Storch is great on the keys, got some nice melody BUT it seems he doesn't know a hip hop beat needs drums sometimes  :-X

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »
His recent beats are all banging and better that ANYTHING he did last year.So I don't think he's losing it.And he's done some great shit in the past.Check out "Bladow!".That's one of his best productions to me
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

ABN

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 06:09:50 AM »
he should just stick to being someone´s musician.

dpgkingpin

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 06:27:49 AM »
hes a nice musician, but hes got to be the worst drum programmer i ever heard. his snare drums sounds like someone stepping on a biscuit.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 09:56:15 AM »
His drums are thin on some songs, probably just because they sound good through loud speakers. A lot of producers bite his style of drums. But his drums were on point on a lotta songs, such as on Sly Boogy "That's my name"...they sounded like real drums that were eq'd on point.

ABN

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 10:24:11 AM »
His drums are thin on some songs, probably just because they sound good through loud speakers. A lot of producers bite his style of drums. But his drums were on point on a lotta songs, such as on Sly Boogy "That's my name"...they sounded like real drums that were eq'd on point.
still, no one can even argue that the best material Scott has ever been involved in has been with him as a musician. the material he participated in with the Roots shits on everything he´s done as a solo producer, the material he did with Dre as a musician shits on all of the stuff he´s done as a solo producer.

Crack Tastic

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 02:02:41 PM »
hes a nice musician, but hes got to be the worst drum programmer i ever heard. his snare drums sounds like someone stepping on a biscuit.
ha ha ha

Diabolical

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »
still, no one can even argue that the best material Scott has ever been involved in has been with him as a musician. the material he participated in with the Roots shits on everything he´s done as a solo producer, the material he did with Dre as a musician shits on all of the stuff he´s done as a solo producer.

That would be a good arguement if it wasn't for the fact that no one can do better than Dr Dre, according to most people, and The Roots are pretty fucking tight as well.

Crack Tastic

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 04:03:30 PM »

That would be a good arguement if it wasn't for the fact that no one can do better than Dr Dre, according to most people, and The Roots are pretty fucking tight as well.
i thought no one could do it better than the doc.

Diabolical

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 04:04:47 PM »
Well I didn't want to say that so bluntly and I'm sure some people prefer other producers over him, me being one.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 10:39:18 AM »
Well I didn't want to say that so bluntly and I'm sure some people prefer other producers over him, me being one.

I feel what your saying, but i hope you dont mean you prefer scot over dre?

Diabolical

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 04:58:25 PM »
I don't even prefer Scott over shit.

I meant I prefer people like Shadow, Primo, RJD2, J Dilla, Eric B, RZA & Quik over Dre.