Author Topic: Gangsta Snoop Reunites With Dr. Dre, previews the album  (Read 2031 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Gangsta Snoop Reunites With Dr. Dre, previews the album
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 09:54:13 PM »
this article was hilarious

"im usually deragatory towards women"

lol

so he finally confirmed brandy is his cuzin

and he was chillin with weezy eh? i thought they had a lil tension before
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

WestCoasta

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 11:03:01 PM »
sounds like it has it's high points but I still don't know about a couple of these bullshit collaborations...

overall I'm not expecting too much.... hopefully I'll eat my words

wcsoldier

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 03:56:26 AM »
Props! Good read!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

kingwell

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 04:45:39 AM »
Good read.

Dre only executive producers for artists on his own label now.  Plus like Snoop said, dude takes forever to producer a song, so I'm not sure that would even be a good idea now.  Plus I want Detox first.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40:58 AM »

When Snoop Dogg returns to record stores November 21, the rapper will be back in full-on gangsta mode.

;D

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »
Snoop is Brandy's cousin? The whole Hollywood is a big family, next thing you will learn is that Dre is his uncle...I don't know what to think of the album yet, I need a preview with songs to judge it better. Good that there is Dre and Timbo, at least we know there's gonna be some good beats

I'm surprised not many people knew about it.  I remember a few years ago Brandy and Snoop were being interviewed, I think it was for the 1999 Source  Awards, and they said they're cousins.  Not sure if Brandy/Ray J are related to RBX and Daz or not, but they are first cousins wit Snoop.

Was some friction though between Ray J and Snoop/Brandy when Ray J was rolling with Suge.  After a couple of ass-whoopins, Ray J decided it'd be better not to sign to Death Row
daz is snoops 1st cousin, so is brandy so that means they are somehow related right??

lol

PICA$$O

• Lil Geezy
  • The Best of the Best
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 05:06:20 PM »
Does anyone know why Dre doesn't executive produce entire records anymore? Too busy I guess?  ::)

Asisde from Dre working on this infamous "Detox" record  ::), I can only imagine what a Snoop Dogg record would sound like being entirely executive produced by Dre...Of course we would have to wait a minimum of 5 years to probably here 2 traccs off it, but still the combination of the 2 would really be good for SoCal, the West Coast, and music in general....I wouldn't expect it to be anything like "Doggystyle", but the great chemistry between the 2 on a tracc is undeniable, even by me.....I would more than likely go out an actually PURCHASE the album :o, and could see a record with theez 2 doing big numbers sales wise....Dre's tracc record is there as far as executive producing full albums for other people...The one or 2 traccs he does manage to put out, I don't think justifies the long wait...

Anyway, I doubt we'll see "hood" or "classic" Snoop Dogg on this record...The annouced features are all over the place and I think he's trying to appeal to too many people...Somehow, I see the tracc with Dre getting mysteriously left off of retail (just have to wait and C).....Unless this is a double disc, I think I'll continue to listen to "Snoop Doggy Dogg" as opposed to "Snoop Dogg"

He said it all... ::) ::) ::)
Dont HATE
And you wont be HATED
!   !   !   !   !   !   !   !   !

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 05:11:29 AM »
Great read, can't wait for this album

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 02:33:08 PM »
Snoop is Brandy's cousin? The whole Hollywood is a big family, next thing you will learn is that Dre is his uncle...I don't know what to think of the album yet, I need a preview with songs to judge it better. Good that there is Dre and Timbo, at least we know there's gonna be some good beats

I'm surprised not many people knew about it.  I remember a few years ago Brandy and Snoop were being interviewed, I think it was for the 1999 Source  Awards, and they said they're cousins.  Not sure if Brandy/Ray J are related to RBX and Daz or not, but they are first cousins wit Snoop.

Was some friction though between Ray J and Snoop/Brandy when Ray J was rolling with Suge.  After a couple of ass-whoopins, Ray J decided it'd be better not to sign to Death Row
daz is snoops 1st cousin, so is brandy so that means they are somehow related right??

lol

That's not neccessary at all. You see, the family tree could be something like this:

Snoop's grandpa + grandma                      Snoop's grandpa + grandma                           
                                            /                \                                          /                        \
Brandy's father + Snoop's uncle                  Snoop's mother + Snoop's father                      Daz's mother + Daz's father
                /         \                                                       /\                                                              /\
          Brandy       Ray J                                              Snoop                                                          Daz

That way, Brandy and Daz are both cousins of Snoop's, but they aren't each other's cousin.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 02:42:55 PM »

lol

That's not neccessary at all. You see, the family tree could be something like this:

Snoop's grandpa + grandma                      Snoop's grandpa + grandma                           
                                            /                \                                          /                        \
Brandy's father + Snoop's uncle                  Snoop's mother + Snoop's father                      Daz's mother + Daz's father
                /         \                                                       /\                                                              /\
          Brandy       Ray J                                              Snoop                                                          Daz

That way, Brandy and Daz are both cousins of Snoop's, but they aren't each other's cousin.
Which is entirly possible since Snoop and Daz are from Long Beach, but Brandy and Ray J are originally from Mississippi. After which they moved to Carson, California.