Author Topic: Pedro out for the Playoffs.  (Read 160 times)

herpes

Re: Pedro out for the Playoffs.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:00:53 PM »
i actually pretty relieved.. now we know for sure who is going to be in the rotation.  there is no more worrying about how much can pedro give us in the rotation.  and hopefully the mets can use this as motivation.  and plus the mets played great baseball without pedro so who knows.

acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 09:22:46 PM »
wow thats pretty weird that you are relieved.  I don't see the mets making it out of the first round w/o Pedro.  I'd like to see them go all the way so hopefully I am wrong.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:37:05 PM »
wow thats pretty weird that you are relieved.  I don't see the mets making it out of the first round w/o Pedro.  I'd like to see them go all the way so hopefully I am wrong.

it might hurt them if the NL wasnt so weak...Astros will beat the Mets if they somehow get in tho

Glavine and El Duque 1 and 2? I think id be more confident if it was 1999....

The Best of 3 Worlds

herpes

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 02:43:51 PM »
we have more or less been doing it without pedro for most of the season.  Pedro hasnt been pedro since mid-late may.  We played 2 months without pedro and played great ball.  Also the mets are 10-11 in games pedro started this year.  Yea you would love to have pedro starting game one for you and to have him going for you in the playoffs.  But people act like the mets are dead in the water.  But we have been playing great ball without pedro for most of the season.  But its the mets so even if pedro was healthy we going be one and done in the playoffs lol.  Its the mets lol.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:08:18 AM »
The way Pedro pitched the last 2+ plus months of the year I dont think this hurts NY all that much.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 08:37:52 AM »
Goddam Pedro might have cost me my fantasy championship, his last two starts were horrible.

As far as the Mets are concerned, they should win the NL anyways.  They are the class of that very weak league with or without Pedro.