Author Topic: Shaq AKA The Big Dope Questions Rick Barry's Credentials.  (Read 508 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Shaq AKA The Big Dope Questions Rick Barry's Credentials.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
give me an instance where he missed a CLUTCH free throw that cost the lakers a playoff series or game.

and he didn't really diss rick barry he just said " he doesn't have the reseme to come in my office to get a job" i mean shit if i was shaq i'd take the offer , but that's what makes him shaq he stands by what he says and he's confident in his decisions. he didn't say rick barry is whack, he didn't say rick barry sucks, he just said that he's not on his level. which is true. it's like  don nelson trying to give phil jackson player relations tips. phil's won without having to do what don nelson does. same with shaq, shaq's accomplished so much more than rick barry without barry's help. Shaq has made them when they count and won so why does he need rick barry.

but I know for a fact that his free throw shooting alone has cost teams games and games, including the Lakers...PeACe

example...?

I don't need an example, cuz that's not my main point, my main point is that Shaq is a bitch who made a bitch comment. But here's an example...Any game where Shaq has missed 50% or more of his free throws and the Lakers lost by a small margin, that's a game lost thanks to Shaq's terrible free-throw shooting...I'm sure you can find many examples on your own, I'm not gunna sit here and do that, but like I said, that wasn't the main point to begin with...PeACe

You are like a child.  "urhg I don't have evidence for my side so I will just act like a baby wahh" 

Be a fucking man you little seed.

My side? Are you fucking retarded? My side was that Shaq made a tasteless comment about a legend for no reason. if I was Ricky Barry, I would now hate the person who Shaq is...That's the only point I was making in this thread, along with the fact that Shaq is a terrible free throw shooter, and everything I have said has been right. :-*

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2006, 02:20:18 PM »
and my main point was so what if he MILDLY dissed rick barry , again it's rick barry not someone who's done more than or had a better career than shaq, if shaq was 20 and was saying this fine, but it's now and it's not that big of a deal, no one else is making it a big deal other than you and a few other bitter laker fans.  and again shaq has almost always come through in the play offs with clutch free throws

I'm not making a big deal, you are by trying to defend it, I just said it was a bitch-made thing to say, as it obviously was...Can you honestly picture Kobe or Jordan saying some shit like that? It's not even on Charles Barkley status, it's straight Shaq...PeACe
if you defend your side you're makinga  big deal out of it as well. i CAN picture kobe saying that, but behind closed doors , now which is worse it depends on your possition. i think if you're going to say something  and mean it, say it loud and proud, don't go out in the media and give some bullshit (what everyone expects you to say) and then turn around and say or act how you truely feel. kobe does, did, and will do this til he's dead. Jordan is a southern gentleman, if he had a problem with someone particularly a legend he'd give them props but then shoot them down kindly (he did that THROUGH OUT all of his championship runs). Barkley is another one of my favorite players, and i can see him doing the same thing as shaq, i think he'd take it a step further, actually, but would he be justified....no, i don't think barkley could get away with saying something like that because 1, he's never won a champion, 2 his resume isn't AS  crisp as barry's, barkley is the better player no doubt but like i said barkley's resume isn't as strong to get away with a coment like that, Shaq's is. Moses Malone could say that, Karl Malone could say that (when he couldn't hit ft's) , Wilt Chamberlin could say that, Kareem abdul jabar could say that, Tim duncan could say it, ect. again, no one in the media cares about these comments , it's not sending shock waves within the basketball community, and it's not in the papers. IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL! like i said the only people who care about this are you , a few bitter laker fans, and probably rick barry's mom lol.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »
and my main point was so what if he MILDLY dissed rick barry , again it's rick barry not someone who's done more than or had a better career than shaq, if shaq was 20 and was saying this fine, but it's now and it's not that big of a deal, no one else is making it a big deal other than you and a few other bitter laker fans.  and again shaq has almost always come through in the play offs with clutch free throws

I'm not making a big deal, you are by trying to defend it, I just said it was a bitch-made thing to say, as it obviously was...Can you honestly picture Kobe or Jordan saying some shit like that? It's not even on Charles Barkley status, it's straight Shaq...PeACe
if you defend your side you're makinga  big deal out of it as well. i CAN picture kobe saying that, but behind closed doors , now which is worse it depends on your possition. i think if you're going to say something  and mean it, say it loud and proud, don't go out in the media and give some bullshit (what everyone expects you to say) and then turn around and say or act how you truely feel. kobe does, did, and will do this til he's dead. Jordan is a southern gentleman, if he had a problem with someone particularly a legend he'd give them props but then shoot them down kindly (he did that THROUGH OUT all of his championship runs). Barkley is another one of my favorite players, and i can see him doing the same thing as shaq, i think he'd take it a step further, actually, but would he be justified....no, i don't think barkley could get away with saying something like that because 1, he's never won a champion, 2 his resume isn't AS  crisp as barry's, barkley is the better player no doubt but like i said barkley's resume isn't as strong to get away with a coment like that, Shaq's is. Moses Malone could say that, Karl Malone could say that (when he couldn't hit ft's) , Wilt Chamberlin could say that, Kareem abdul jabar could say that, Tim duncan could say it, ect. again, no one in the media cares about these comments , it's not sending shock waves within the basketball community, and it's not in the papers. IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL! like i said the only people who care about this are you , a few bitter laker fans, and probably rick barry's mom lol.

See, you don't get it, it's not about who COULD say that, it's about who WOULD say that, and the bottom line is that only Shaq (and probably Charles Barkley) would have enough bitch in them to make a comment like that, cuz only some loud-mouth punks like them would feel okay with saying tasteless shit like that...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 05:48:29 PM »
I'm far from a Shaq hater, but Shaq's comments were straight up disrespectful, there's no way around that.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels