Author Topic: Country Music Back On The Air In Florida After Police Bust Pirate Hip-Hop Statio  (Read 149 times)

Crack Tastic

Country Music Back On The Air In Florida After Police Bust Pirate Hip-Hop Station
By Nolan Strong
Date: 9/23/2006 3:00 pm

An aspiring DJ in Hollywood, FL has been arrested for illegally broadcasting Hip-Hop music over the airwaves of a local Country music station.

Darin Satter, 34, allegedly set up a pirate radio station, which interfered with 99.9 WKIS-FM's signal. For several weeks, fans of the station - which is known as Kiss Country - heard Hip-Hop music playing instead of the usual country format.

When fans of the station started complaining about the music selection, WKIS engineers tracked the pirate signal to a local trailer park.

Broward Sheriff Office detectives arrived and found a 30-foot-tall broadcasting antenna outside of Satter's trailer.

Satter was arrested and charged with unauthorized transmission/interference with a licensed public radio station. He is facing up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

"I figured he had a 2way radio, you know a hand radio," Satter's neighbor said of the 30-foot-antenna.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6175

Crack Tastic

"I figured he had a 2way radio, you know a hand radio," Satter's neighbor said of the 30-foot-antenna.
i thnk he means ham radio

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
this guy's a hero, dont put him in jail

$do11a biLL$

It depends on what he was playing if hes a hero or not. If i were him i would've made it so it would come in on a hip hop station and play some real raw underground shit to interfere with the mainstream shit they play nowadays.

Diabolical

Anything is better than country.

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
that guys a moron i love country music. its way better than the shitty rap they play now days. coutnry all the way.

Sikotic™

It's funny how all the pirate radio stations target country.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Diabolical

that guys a moron i love country music. its way better than the shitty rap they play now days. coutnry all the way.

Don't listen to shitty rap!

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
its hard its all shitty, and iv out played all the old stuff. plus country music is better anyways :P

J Bananas

its hard its all shitty, and iv out played all the old stuff. plus country music is better anyways :P

dude are you serious? get the fuck out of this site!

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
no im not fucking leaving and yes im serious so fuck u

Malin

Re: Country Music Back On The Air In Florida After Police Bust Pirate Hip-Hop St
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 06:59:23 PM »
Dip dip come and fuck with Set.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Crack Tastic