Author Topic: Daz Second Week Sales  (Read 837 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: Daz Second Week Sales
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 03:21:13 PM »
108 DAZ SO SO GANGSTA 8,462 -63 22,972 31,490

:-X :'( :-\

there u have it

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 03:29:37 PM »
BAD PROMOTION. NO PROMOTION. You can't have as many delays as Daz has had and expect to sell. And internet promotion only goes so far. People get hung up too much on the charts. It is starting to sound like 50 Cent when he talks about artist sales. Daz n JD have changed the date I don't know how many times and he has not had a major record in at least 7 years. Now you mean to tell me that after all that he is supposed to drop a record that sells?

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 04:00:42 PM »
We gotta stop judging Hip-Hop by the pop charts. Remember what Tribe told Hammer "Rap is not pop, if you call it that then stop"

The problem with that is that the law of diminishing returns = less money to make better albums in the future.

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »
Daz you almost have to treat him like a "new" artist. He has to be reintroduced to the market because I guarantee you the average consumer would only remember Daz from DPG or All Eyez On Me.

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 04:27:50 PM »
We gotta stop judging Hip-Hop by the pop charts. Remember what Tribe told Hammer "Rap is not pop, if you call it that then stop"

The problem with that is that the law of diminishing returns = less money to make better albums in the future.

But it really dont take a grip to make a classic. "Straight outta Compton" only cost $12,000 to make. That's probably $30,000 in todays money. Sometimes they lace you with alot of dough to have your soul. Chappelle did'nt fall for the oki-doke.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 04:46:20 PM »
more proof that rap fans are tired of the same old west coast shit....time to step aside and bring something new to the table

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »
"Straight outta Compton" only cost $12,000 to make. That's probably $30,000 in todays money.
???

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 05:43:42 PM »
Daz you almost have to treat him like a "new" artist. He has to be reintroduced to the market because I guarantee you the average consumer would only remember Daz from DPG or All Eyez On Me.

Agreed,

With bacc'n of So So Def, there is no reason why Daz's singles should not be getting as many spins as Dem Franchize Boyz had when they had "Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It" debut...."On Some Real" is a decent lead off cacthy single for radio...Daz should have dropped around the time he was touring with Cube...He should be on every media outlet avaliable reintroducing himself to people who might not have remembered him from his Death Row dayz..The ball was dropped with this record and this album can't be considered a flop, I mean what logical person expected this album to push more than 40k it's first couple of weeks out...

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »
I mean what logical person expected this album to push more than 40k it's first couple of weeks out...
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=119504.0
On a major label that is a reasonable expectation, even for Daz.

Narrator

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »
But it really dont take a grip to make a classic. "Straight outta Compton" only cost $12,000 to make. That's probably $30,000 in todays money. Sometimes they lace you with alot of dough to have your soul. Chappelle did'nt fall for the oki-doke.

That's the exception, not the rule (not to mention that it was a different era when that kind of shit was actually possible).  You want good beats and a strong, developed sound, you gotta be willing to shell out the paper.  And face it...the vast majority of classic albums were made on major labels with at least medium-sized budgets.

wardy

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 03:02:04 AM »
thats bad numbers but fuck soundscan any way another dope album not promoted or accepted in the mainstream

while were on flops have u seen how many flops theres been in the last few months as well as daz theres

Dmx , Chingy , Lupe Fiasco , Method Man , The Roots , Outkast ( im sayin these because there just goin to scrape gold and they normally sell millions) , busta goin gold despite multi million promotion , christina millian , obie trice , cam'ron and theres loads more

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 03:18:28 AM »
All them numbers mean is all the niggaz is bumpin his shit becuz the streets is lovin it right now but the white folks aint on it yet .

hahah the streets? what street u from??

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 08:30:25 AM »
more proof that rap fans are tired of the same old west coast shit....time to step aside and bring something new to the table
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 01:27:18 PM »
Its too bad...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »
thats bad numbers but fuck soundscan any way another dope album not promoted or accepted in the mainstream

while were on flops have u seen how many flops theres been in the last few months as well as daz theres

Dmx , Chingy , Lupe Fiasco , Method Man , The Roots , Outkast ( im sayin these because there just goin to scrape gold and they normally sell millions) , busta goin gold despite multi million promotion , christina millian , obie trice , cam'ron and theres loads more
I don't think any of those artists flopped as hard at Daz. I think what happened was JD realized at some point after the album was complete or after the single dropped, that Daz wasn't marketable, and didn't want to waste his money promoting the album.