Author Topic: Ea sports /Wii  (Read 444 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ea sports /Wii
« on: September 24, 2006, 08:44:05 AM »
Will the new Wii nintendo have the liscence for Ea sports. a produces my favorite soirts game waither its hockey, football or any other sport with a ball lol so if Wii dont have it i cant buy it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ea sports /Wii
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »
Yes

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »
Quote from EA:

"I believe the Wii will attract new and casual gamers to the world of interactive entertainment. It's a fun, easy and economical system that will become a bridge to gaming for mainstream audiences. At EA, we are putting more support behind the Wii than any Nintendo hardware launch since the Super NES." - - Larry Probst, Chairman and CEO, Electronic Arts

Madden 07 running on Wii (it's a launch title).  Notice even with Nintendo's 'take it easy' attitude, the graphics still shit all over the gamecube, ps2, and xbox. 

EA's Tiger Woods 07 running on the Wii. 

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 03:48:47 PM »
^ more here >> http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826454/imgs_1.html

its odd the links say ps3 even though they're on the wii page... ??  i've not been able to find any tiger woods wii shots online anywhere else.. theres a video... but as the game is multiplatform the exact same video shows up if you look under every console type..

tiger woods is def a game i'd love for the wii-mote

i found this article.. EA are doing SIX wii games at least..

EA gives Wii a six-pack
The innovative Wii has clearly caught the eye of the world's biggest entertainment software company. Today, Electronic Arts announced that it has six games in development for Nintendo's upcoming console.

In addition to the previously announced Madden NFL 07 and Need for Speed Carbon, gamers can expect to wave the magic Wii-wand to the tune of a new Harry Potter game. Nintendo's Wii Sports won't be the only place to play 18 on the Wii--a Tiger Woods PGA Tour game for the console is also in the works. The Wii will also hit the slopes with SSX, and in what can be considered another sign that the new console isn't just a machine for kids, the street thugs of The Godfather are headed to Wii-town.

But that won't be all. In a statement today, the company says that even more Wii games that are currently in development will be announced in the coming months.

"Once we started to experiment with Madden on Wii, there was an explosion of innovation. Everyone in the studio is energized by the creative opportunity afforded by both the hardware and controller," said EA senior vice president John Schappert.

source: http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/sports/tigerwoodspgatour07/news.html?sid=6153946
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 04:08:59 PM by Seer-Tzu »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »
I haven't played a Madden game on a Nintendo system since Madden '97, though that sucked 'cause '97 was too big for the SNES. I think my peak for the Nintendo/Madden marriage was Madden '95, I loved that game, and got so good with the Raiders that year. It's been all PS, PS2, or XBox since then in term of EA Sports. (Don't get it twisted, I was the undisputed best Mario Kart player of my college)

So I am looking forward to a Nintendo Madden again, it's been too long. Way too long.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 05:06:09 PM »
Supposedly the madden control scheme with the wii mote is impressive... there was lots of early hype involving that game as one that exemplified how great the control was with the new remote.  Throw a pass by actually 'throwing' the remote, switch arms with the ball by switching which arm you have the wiimote in, etc.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 07:28:30 PM »
Yeah and if you want to throw a bullet, you try to make a fast forward move with your Wiimote.  And if you want to throw like a lob pass, do it slower. 

Bomb-A®

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 06:54:49 AM »
Notice even with Nintendo's 'take it easy' attitude, the graphics still shit all over the gamecube, ps2, and xbox. 

i believe it also costs $100 more than either of those consoles....there's no comparison

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 02:51:09 PM »
I believe you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and can't even catch simple points in a regular conversation.  No peace. 

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone, im getting hyped for the Wii

Bomb-A®

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 11:01:55 PM »
I believe you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and can't even catch simple points in a regular conversation.  No peace. 

lol...its fun to see u pissed off....real easy too

and btw that was a valid point...the ps2 came out in 2000 it now costs summ like $130...the wii comes out next month and costs $250....wtf are u comparing

PEACE

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 04:49:31 AM »
I"m not pissed.  I don't even know who you are, I could never be pissed at you.  Basically, I dont' acknowledge your existance on the same planet as me. 

Since you're asking, though, I could take this time to educate you; maybe one day you'll be half as intelligent as I am.

When I spoke previously about the Wii 'shitting all over' the graphics of the gamecube, xbox, and ps2, I wasn't saying that to downtalk the ps2, gamecube, or xbox.  This is where you made your first mistake.  Your simple mind only saw it that 1 way, you couldn't follow the higher logic that I was speaking in.

Now, the more intelligent folks on the board noticed what I was talking about, that's why they didn't reply in such an idiotic fashion, like you did yourself. 

(Just to inform your ignorance) - There has been much talk about the Wii abandoning graphical superiority and advanced speed, aesthetic issues, so that it could be a smaller machine.  Nintendo's entire mantra was that there's no need to beef up the grahpics; they are ample enough.

Most others caught that I was simply saying that even with this attitude, Nintendo still managed to produce a system that is significantly graphically advanced over all the previous systems.  They didn't simply release a gamecube with a weird controller; No, they released an entirely new sophisticated machine that has advanced graphics as well as other gameplay enhancing elements. 

I'll take it back down to your level for a minute my child.... "The Wii Look Fly!!!! MAN, IGOTGET ONE!!!"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 11:25:30 AM »
What a fuck joke this bitch is

Bomb-A®

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »
I"m not pissed.  I don't even know who you are, I could never be pissed at you.  Basically, I dont' acknowledge your existance on the same planet as me. 

Since you're asking, though, I could take this time to educate you; maybe one day you'll be half as intelligent as I am.

When I spoke previously about the Wii 'shitting all over' the graphics of the gamecube, xbox, and ps2, I wasn't saying that to downtalk the ps2, gamecube, or xbox.  This is where you made your first mistake.  Your simple mind only saw it that 1 way, you couldn't follow the higher logic that I was speaking in.

Now, the more intelligent folks on the board noticed what I was talking about, that's why they didn't reply in such an idiotic fashion, like you did yourself. 

(Just to inform your ignorance) - There has been much talk about the Wii abandoning graphical superiority and advanced speed, aesthetic issues, so that it could be a smaller machine.  Nintendo's entire mantra was that there's no need to beef up the grahpics; they are ample enough.

Most others caught that I was simply saying that even with this attitude, Nintendo still managed to produce a system that is significantly graphically advanced over all the previous systems.  They didn't simply release a gamecube with a weird controller; No, they released an entirely new sophisticated machine that has advanced graphics as well as other gameplay enhancing elements. 

I'll take it back down to your level for a minute my child.... "The Wii Look Fly!!!! MAN, IGOTGET ONE!!!"

lol you could have said all that in one sentence....get ur head outta ur ass.....its just wrong to compare the wii to current gen consoles and thats it

u say that wii improved graphical ability only slightly and now its only a little better than current gen consoles...is that a good thing....are we supposed to applaud the fact that nintendo only barely worked on the graphics capabilities for the wii??

and dont start with the "wii cares about us gamers..they arent like the money hungry corporations" bullshit....theyre in it to make money....if anyone thinks different u need to wake up....its just that they were able to cut costs by not investing in complex hardware and chose to develop a more innovative style of play instead....props to them for that....theyve split the market in two

peace