Author Topic: Posthumous ODB Album Finally Ready For Release  (Read 85 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Posthumous ODB Album Finally Ready For Release
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:27:14 AM »
Originally due in the summer of 2005, the last album from late Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ol' Dirty Bastard will finally arrive Nov. 7 via Damon Dash Music Group. The release date for "A Son Unique" coincides with the two-year anniversary of ODB's death at a New York recording studio.

Among the tracks confirmed to appear on the album are "Lift Ya Skirt" featuring Missy Elliott, "Intoxicated" featuring Macy Gray and Wu-Tang mates Raekwon and Method Man, "Back in the Air" featuring Ghostface, "Danger Zone" featuring Joe Budden and "Operator" featuring the Clipse and Pharrell.

ODB released two studio albums for Elektra in his lifetime, as well as a third disc, "The Trials and Tribulations of Russell Jones," which D3 cobbled together in 2002 from vocals the rapper recorded after escaping from a court-ordered rehab facility. He eventually spent two years in prison on various charges.

The surviving members of the Wu-Tang Clan regrouped this summer for the Tribute to ODB tour, and after numerous false starts, sources say Method Man and RZA are close to beginning work on tracks intended for a new Wu-Tang studio album.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: Posthumous ODB Album Finally Ready For Release
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:13:21 AM »
Most of these tracks leaked a year or so ago and I can't imagine this album being particulary cohesive, so I'll probably give it a miss. Good to see they are starting to put in motion a new Wu Tang album though, I think the tour probably showed them how much love people still have for them.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 03:50:24 PM »
^^^I know what you mean.  I loved "Pop Shots" but that's the extent of the posthumous ODB shit i've heard.  I'll probably check it though, I've copped all his shit in the past.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:08:13 PM »
Most of these tracks leaked a year or so ago

The whole album leaked, this will never sell.  :-X

Diabolical

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »
Yeah, I downloaded the album last week.