Author Topic: Nas Considers Diddy/Nas Branded Champagne, Diddy Disses Cristal  (Read 133 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas Considers Diddy/Nas Branded Champagne, Diddy Disses Cristal
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:16:02 AM »
Nas is going buckwild lately, I also heard hes gonna have a reality show with Kelis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nas is in full support of a continued, formal boycott of Cristal--but only if Hip-Hop steps up to replace the champagne, which typically sells for $50-$600 per bottle.

"I support a boycott if we could come up--like if we put up something, our own champagne. There's tons of vineyards we could get into and buy," Nas told AllHipHop.com in response to controversial comments made by Cristal's managing director against rappers who drink the beverage.

"There's tons of ways to get inside of that, so that we can have 'Diddy / Nas champagne' and put them out, and drink our own thing."

Both Nas and Sean "Diddy" Combs are gearing up for fourth quarter album releases, but the entertainers haven't forgotten a non-rap beef they share in common.

Diddy told AllHipHop.com, "Cristal definitely caught us out there. It was a learning lesson. At the end of the day, f**k Cristal. They don't respect us. They'll feel it."

Combs vents about the brand on "Everything" featuring Nas and Cee-Lo. The track is taken from the mogul's upcoming album Press Play that features Nas and Cee-Lo.

For years now, Cristal has been all the rage, though--and all over rap videos.

In 1999, when Diddy lent his vocals to Nas' hit song "Hate Me Now," the pair brandished bottles of the pricey champagne in the Hype Williams-directed music video.

The bottle was once a symbol of status for rappers until earlier this year when new managing director Frederic Rouzaud made comments that were seen as prejudiced to Hip-Hop culture.

Asked if an association with Hip-Hop could adversely affect the Cristal brand, Rouzaud offered: "That's a good question, but what can we do? We can't forbid people from buying it. I'm sure Dom Perignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business," said Rouzaud in an interview with The Economist magazine.

Although he later adjusted his comments, it wasn't long before music heavyweights like Def Jam president Jay-Z vocalized a boycott of the brand.

Nowadays, Nas said he and Diddy muse over their past and newfound lack of respect for the champagne.

"It's funny like, I said to Diddy, 'You know...do you understand that's the most illest, flossiest video of rap ["Hate Me Now"]. Do you know we were the first to disrespect the Cristal bottle?" said Nas. "I was like, 'we spit the s**t up, you [Diddy] spit on the camera and saying we disrespected them.' We been disrespecting they bottle--treat it like 40 ounce. It's like any other brand of hypocrites and it's not surprising. It's not surprising. It's a joke."

Nas doesn't claim racism on Rouzaud's end, but an emotion even more basic.

"The bottom line is all these dudes is jealous of Black men. Look, we look incredible. So stop making fly s**t, if you don't want us to buy it, hell, how in the f**k we gonna not drink the most [expensive] s**t," said Nas."[It's the] same with jewelry, man," he continued. "Understand I'm gonna wear this motherf**king jewelry. I always buy some fly s**t, so they got a problem with a Black man, I know they jealous of me. I'm gonna make 'em more mad. I'm gonna drink more of their s**t [to upset them] and boycott em. F**k 'em."

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6228

wcsoldier

Re: Nas Considers Diddy/Nas Branded Champagne, Diddy Disses Cristal
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 10:39:14 AM »
Nas is coming back to his 1999 days.... meaning more mainstream, I have a real bad feeling about his upcoming lp

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »
For someone who is an insightful intelligent lyricist, he comes across as a dumb clueless half wit. They are jealous of the black man wtf jealous of looking fly with the chains haha, what a fool he really is. It is the white companies that have the black people mine for that crap, who have no rights, are basically slaves so that black men who are fortunate enough to attain that level of wealth are the ones that can rock those chains and delude themselves that they are the strong ones lol. The saddest and most pathetic part about all of this is that hip hop has been basically set up now to brainwash the young particularly targeting black people that materialism means everything. That jewelllry is status and power and that if you are not wearing it you are a nobody. So these naive black youth get completely suckered in and become crime statistics, or broke idiots who have no money but hey they have the chain. You have to love the slick brainwashing. where they then convince themselves once again that its a jealousy issue so how are they gonna combat it? buy more fly shit more chains more rings LOL. That isnt a laugh like this is funny I realise this is deadly serious but what else can you do when people are so blind?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 11:11:41 AM by virtuoso »

Diabolical

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:57:10 PM »
Nas is going buckwild lately, I also heard hes gonna have a reality show with Kelis.

Hasn't he learnt nothing from Flava Falv, Ozzy or Rev Run?