Author Topic: XXL MAG - "The Game" on the Front Cover with Interview *Link*  (Read 535 times)

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
XXL MAG - "The Game" on the Front Cover with Interview *Link*
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:21:45 AM »
http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=5019

This basically explains the whole dre production and 50 beef thing in one interview haven't read something this good in a while. Definitly worth the look.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: XXL MAG - "The Game" on the Front Cover with Interview *Link*
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 02:24:55 AM »
props

will read later
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:35:54 AM »
props

will read later

Do that man, it actually turned into a good read.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 02:43:15 PM »
ima read it right now props mang

good read, so it looks like dre is on the album but his new single says "aftermath chain gone" something like that, so is he no longer on aftermath?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:49:08 PM by California's where i'm at...riiiight »
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 02:46:10 PM »
i bought the mag and the dime piece is an angel her name is angel too. the game shit was dope.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 02:49:26 PM »
i read this interview like a month back, im positive its the exact same interview, and didnt game already said that dre IS NOT on the album

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 03:18:03 PM »
i read this interview like a month back, im positive its the exact same interview, and didnt game already said that dre IS NOT on the album

It says quoted by Game himself that he already recorded some dre tracks for the album, he said.........

The album title: The Doctor’s Advocate. You have said in the past that you and Dre had a father-son relationship, a teacher-pupil relationship. But it seems like that relationship has changed, at least as far as your working relationship. There’s talk that Dre did not work on the new album and that you are no longer on Aftermath, that you’ve been shipped over to Geffen. What’s the status right now?

The status is that me and 50 have chose to part ways. And along those lines, there’s a lot of things shaking up. Honestly—I’ma keep it 100 percent real—I don’t know who I’m signed to… I just know that Interscope and Geffen are both fighting over what label imprint is gonna be on the back of the album. But the G-Unit label is not gonna be on the back of the album. You might see the Aftermath logo on the back; you might see an Interscope on the back, you might not. You definitely gonna see Black Wall Street on the back though… And on this album, I already been in the studio with Dre on this album. I got beats from Dre early, early. I worked with Dre early on this album.

So there are new Dre beats on there?

Yeah. Stuff that Dre did, that I had in the beginning of working on this album. Can’t nobody take that away from me, man.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 03:22:08 PM »
When did you get the news that your label situation was changing and that there was a possibility that you might not be on Aftermath?

When I started going against the grain and doing what Dre told me not to—respond to 50. Once I did, I kind of felt like I betrayed Dr. Dre. But, you know, it ain’t no love lost. I had to do what I had to do to keep my career afloat. Now, do I regret what I did as far as beefing with G-Unit? No! Because now I feel like I’m a free man and I can stand on my own. Dre executive produced the last album, but on The Doctor’s Advocate, you flip the album over, it’s gonna say, “Executive produced by The Game.” So that mean if this album goes down as a classic, then muthafuckas gonna have to give me my respect. Because I went in and wrote, penned, spit and packaged another classic album without 50.

^^ but it will not say produced by Dre..... ;D

I_Knockout_U

• Lil Geezy
  • The Murda's Murda
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 03:36:32 PM »
Someone posted this a few weeks ago. It was full of lies again, cause Game told later that there is no Dre's production on the album. I'm seriously hating on him, so many times exposed, and he still tries to be a gangsta to the public, so fucked up if someone believes that.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 05:15:03 PM »
Someone posted this a few weeks ago. It was full of lies again, cause Game told later that there is no Dre's production on the album. I'm seriously hating on him, so many times exposed, and he still tries to be a gangsta to the public, so fucked up if someone believes that.

Well this is the November Issue....

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 12:23:04 PM »
but that interview has been online since mid september..

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 01:05:40 PM »
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

redemption7

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

This doesnt necessarily mean he was lying, because he WAS working with Dre when the album started. I'm sure Game has the actual songs he recorded with Dre, but I just think Dre didnt clear his beats for that album at the last minute (after the interview was conducted). Same shit he did with Mobb Deep earlier in the year with Nightmares.