Author Topic: Sony Corporation Cuts PS3 Price by 20%  (Read 390 times)

MIC

Re: Sony Corporation Cuts PS3 Price by 20%
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
Cool, dun have to save up so much.

You live in Japan?

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 10:39:29 AM »
Blu-ray is entirely unnecessary.  Nobody gives a fuck but the most materialistic assholes alive on the face of the earth.  If you're so fucked up that the quality of the video on a DVD on your HDTV isn't good enough... you need to go experience life yourself and stop trying to accurately represent it on YOUR FUCKING T.V.

The only person that would insist on a bluray style resolution on their television would be some guy with a small penis who thinks that having the most expensive television on the planet will make up for the fact that he has a small penis.  Nothing like that will ever make up for your small dick; face it, you just were born with a small dick.

What Sony is trying to cram down everyones throat is boardlerline undetectable by the human eye.  If you NEED 1080p, you probably NEED new corneas so you can view it.  If you have a 52" t.v. (you don't), you could possibly see a difference. 

The whole thing is bullshit, how long are you going to let the man tell you what you have to have in your living room?  Enough is enough, a DVD player and a nice t.v. is plenty. 

Last, I would just like to remind everybody that no matter how much you scrub, you can't shine a turd.

:o :laugh: lol you just put the nerds on blast!

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 11:00:10 AM »
No US PS3 price drop
SCEA president Kaz Hirai says that Sony has "no plans" to lower the current $499/$599 American PS3 price points; 20GB PS3s will have HDMI worldwide.

TOKYO--Following Ken Kutaragi's keynote address at the 2006 Tokyo Game Show, Sony announced that the 20GB-hard-drive-equipped model of the PlayStation 3 was getting a price drop in Japan. The lower-end version of the console, which will now boast HDMI high-definition video output, will cost just 49,980 yen ($429) when it hits stores in Japan on November 11. That's about 10,000 yen ($85) less than its prior price, which was around 60,000 yen ($515).

Although Sony's announcement applied only to Japan, news of the discounting spread quickly across the globe. Wire service reports with headlines saying "Sony slashes price tag for delay-hit PlayStation 3" surfaced in numerous local newspapers in the US. These, in turn, fueled a rumor firestorm that the 20GB PS3's $499 US sticker price would also be cut before it goes on sale November 17.

Sadly, though, Sony is sticking firm with its North American PS3 plans. "In the US, we're comfortable with the pricing that we announced at E3--$499 for the 20 gigabyte version and $599 for the 60-gigabyte version," Sony Computer president Kaz Hirai told GameSpot. "There are no plans right now to adjust the pricing for the US market."

Though disappointed, potential PS3 purchasers in the US did get a bit of a consolation prize from Hirai. The executive confirmed that every 20GB PS3 worldwide will have an HDMI port, not just in Japan, as some had speculated.

-Gamespot

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »

You live in Japan?

Nope, live in Hobbitville....NZ. Bugger, thought this was a worldwide price-cut.

Blu-ray is entirely unnecessary.  Nobody gives a fuck but the most materialistic assholes alive on the face of the earth.  If you're so fucked up that the quality of the video on a DVD on your HDTV isn't good enough... you need to go experience life yourself and stop trying to accurately represent it on YOUR FUCKING T.V.

The only person that would insist on a bluray style resolution on their television would be some guy with a small penis who thinks that having the most expensive television on the planet will make up for the fact that he has a small penis.  Nothing like that will ever make up for your small dick; face it, you just were born with a small dick.

What Sony is trying to cram down everyones throat is boardlerline undetectable by the human eye.  If you NEED 1080p, you probably NEED new corneas so you can view it.  If you have a 52" t.v. (you don't), you could possibly see a difference. 

The whole thing is bullshit, how long are you going to let the man tell you what you have to have in your living room?  Enough is enough, a DVD player and a nice t.v. is plenty. 

Last, I would just like to remind everybody that no matter how much you scrub, you can't shine a turd.

lol, mate, if you dun like the PS3, juss say so......... Think you already have in another thread......
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 03:22:58 PM by Nutty »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 04:59:16 PM »
By the way, might I add that Nintendo has already put about 10 companies out of business that attempted to beat them by making graphically superior machines, because nobody can match the entertainment value of what Nintendo puts out. 

Sega Genesis
Atari
Turbographix
Neo Geo
Game Gear
3D0
CD-i

etc. etc. were all superior to the Nintendo machines, and Nintendo put them out of the market. 

Nintendo almost pulled a Vince McMahon, and almost bought Sega, then Sega decided to stick to making games. But isn't it funny, think about it, 10 years ago, would you ever think you'd seen Sonic in a brand new Nintendo system's advertisement. Nintendo is the video kings, they let Sony and Microsoft do their thing, now they are going to crush them.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 05:08:04 PM »

You live in Japan?

Nope, live in Hobbitville....NZ. Bugger, thought this was a worldwide price-cut.

lol, mate, if you dun like the PS3, juss say so......... Think you already have in another thread......

yeah, and I did in this thread as well because I still don't like the PS3.  PS3=heart attack.  Nintendo=Sex. 

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »
^lol^.. has anyone took a look at the ps3 launch lineup ?pretty weak imo,most of the games r coming out or are already out on 360  and there arent really any good exclusives(mayb warhawk?),and with the price and all,dont really see a point in getting one until mayb this time next year at the earliest(mgs4)...the psp to ps3 connect thing looks pretty dope though,but either then that,im just not as hyped as i was before, i did hear from the TGS that some of the games did look really good though...

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Bomb-A®

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 06:52:45 AM »

lol....big tv = small penis

calm down man you might give urself a heartattack...but then again u did say ps3=heartattck....so go ahaead knock urself out you might just enjoy it

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 02:49:58 PM »
I AM calm.  I a naturally animated person.  I wake up early and go to bed late.  When I go to sleep, it's not because I'm tired, it's because I've ran out of things to do.  If you knew me outside the monitor you'd see that I get extremely excited about everything in the world.  The greeks called it passion.  I'm severely infected with it. 

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
When I go to sleep, it's not because I'm tired, it's because I've ran out of things to do. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
QUOTE OF THE YEAR

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 05:48:13 AM »
so whats the price in euro's  gonna be?

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life