Author Topic: Can someone tell me how to get XBOX Live going on the 360?  (Read 165 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Can someone tell me how to get XBOX Live going on the 360?
« on: October 12, 2006, 06:03:09 AM »
I have the xbox and the cable that came in the box (ethernet?)

but it shows a modem in the writeup and it doesnt come with one, do i need to buy one?

the 360 is downstairs and i just want it to plug straigt into the spare phone socket down there...any ideas?!?!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Can someone tell me how to get XBOX Live going on the 360?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »
100+ props for anyone that can :)

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
I never had to buy anything besides a subscription to get on live, Im in the US so maybe its different over there, all I did was plug the cable from my 360 to my router... sorry I cant be more help

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:40:31 PM »
ah you have a router?

i dont...just a phone line...hmmm :/

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »
Yeah, have you tried it in the phone line yet? Maybe if you could go from a computer with internet access to the 360...

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 01:45:33 PM »
i dont wanna do that, xbox is in my living room, PC in my office...

i have a phone line right next to the 360, just need to work out how to get it connected up, the cable for Xbox live is a ethernet cable, both ends :/

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 01:52:09 PM »
Damn thats no good then, If you have wireless net you can buy a wireless receiver that plugs into the ethernet slot i beleive, of course that means spending some more money.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »
that sucks :(

might have to wait a bit, thanks for your help tho man

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 02:04:38 PM »
i dont wanna do that, xbox is in my living room, PC in my office...

i have a phone line right next to the 360, just need to work out how to get it connected up, the cable for Xbox live is a ethernet cable, both ends :/

Rud do you have highspeed internet?  because you really do need it.  1st If you do have high speed just connect your 360 directly into your Cable Modem.  2nd u can also get a cable wired router (that you would have to buy) and run your internet to your 360 directly from there.  3rd you can go the wireless method by buying a wireless router and buying the xbox360 wireless adaptor.

I personally use the 1st method i connect my 360 into my cable modem, but i had to buy a longer ethernet cable so it could reach my room since my computer and modem are in the living room, it's the less expensive route to go homie.  Good luck hope this helped and i'll be waiting for my +100 props lol  8)
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
yup i have 2meg broadband but thats in the office...this is for downstairs on the other socket

so what i need is another modem to stick in the wall downstairs to connect through?

yea i think ill have to get a long ethernet cable then i guess :/ means drilling holes tho!

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 02:20:46 PM »
yup i have 2meg broadband but thats in the office...this is for downstairs on the other socket

so what i need is another modem to stick in the wall downstairs to connect through?

yea i think ill have to get a long ethernet cable then i guess :/ means drilling holes tho!

Naw just get a router that you can connect to the computer in your office.  get a wired router and get a long ass ethernet cable that you can run downstairs along the wall or something like that, i wouldn't drill but if you rather do that than run it along your wall then it's your call but you will be looking at about $100+ (router + a longer ethernet cable).  But if you're willing to spend some money then i say go wireless, get a wireless router and the wireless 360 adaptor about $250+ (router is about $120 make sure you get a Gaming router though aight? and the 360 adaptor is about 100 bucks).  If i had money to spend i would go wireless but i see no reason right now i'm perfectly fine sending a ethernet cable to my room that only cost me about 30 bucks for about 50 feet of it. 

oh yeah dont forget if you go the router method make sure you get one that it is xbox compatible, because if not you will not be able to use your router.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:01:48 PM by California's where i'm at...riiiight »
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?