Author Topic: Dr Dre a fan of Woodie and Celly Cel.......................  (Read 419 times)

dameons

Dr Dre a fan of Woodie and Celly Cel.......................
« on: October 13, 2006, 10:43:18 PM »
Got this from another forum.......
.....................rap music is prevelant even in Antioch with a couple of artists with mild success, Black C and Ant Banks. Black C was the foreman of Filmore legends R.B.L posse( 'Bammer Weed).Ant Banks moved to Antioch from Oakland to escape the violence and to live comfortable with his family. Banks produced many hits via Too Short ,Pooh-Man, and others.

On July 19th, 2005, we recieved a phone call from the west coast g-funk architect himself , Dr. Dre , regarding a couple of bay area talents. Dr Dre was looking to contact Woodie ( Northern Exposure series) and Chris Mathews( afore mentioned Black-C), hoping we had contact information . He graciously gave us a short(unofficial) interview, in which he revealed that he's a fan of a couple of  local  artists."I love Black- C, he's cool as sh**", said the good doctor." I've always thought he was a standout talent and would be a perfect fit for a breakout star-type. He's an unpolished diamond as well as Celly ". "Celly" is Celly Cel,  a rap veteran from Vallejo who scored success with the hit "It's Going Down Tonight" almost ten years ago. He hasn't managed to stay on the radar much since then, but Dre thinks that could be worked on."Celly is still fire on the mic, he just needs a big break. He and Black -C stand out on every track that i hear from them, they just need some nurturing, and sky's the limit".When Woodie (independent artist Ryan Wood) was mentioned by Dre, he was full of praise..'Woodie is one of those cats that just started from the ground up..He caught my ear with his solo album( Demonz 'n my sleep), and I did a little research on him. Northern Exposure 1 was innovative, and very raw, but he managed to get his name outside the bay and I love his story,I'd work with him in a hot minute."

Rap music has been the phenomenon for well over a decade now. But, never has Antioch received  much recognition on anything but local  level. So, to know that an Antioch native (woodie), and a couple of other local talents have managed to catch Dr Dre's ear, is nothing short of a miracle."I'd love to work with Woodie. I would sign Black-C tonight, if possible .Celly , I'm gonna work with your a** sooner or later. Me and Ant( when asked about his relationship with Ant banks) , we still chop it up. But, Black -C, that's my thang-thang right now."
Even if you aren't a hip hop fan as of yet, it's possible that in a year or two, we could have a star "representing the 94509".I think that is something we could all get a kick out of....................................

Antioch Daily Ledger archives

WC Iz Active

Re: Dr Dre a fan of Woodie and Celly Cel.......................
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:46:36 PM »
I always wanted to hear Celly in his prime spit to a Dre beat, I can't even imagine how tight that would sound.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 12:33:22 AM »
Good read, I wonder if it's legit tho
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 12:48:12 AM »
man celly is one of my fav artists, but I think its bullshit.  Woodie?  Woodie fuckin sucks.  And why wouldn't dre have ever contacted these guys before?

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 10:14:21 AM »
FAKE AS FUCK.... HE AINT GONNA SIGN NOBODY "TONIGHT", LOL...AND BLACK C AINT EVEN FROM FILLMOE....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 11:34:47 AM »
FAKE AS FUCK.... HE AINT GONNA SIGN NOBODY "TONIGHT", LOL...AND BLACK C AINT EVEN FROM FILLMOE....

exactly.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »
You people give Dr. Dre too much credit. ::)

Please if Dr. Dre really liked Celly Cel, Black C and Woodie he would have been worked them to help break out.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 12:21:05 PM »
nah cuz dre has been by here be4,if he wanted he could make dubcc top shit...............
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"