Author Topic: Focus (producer) the new Dr. Dre ???  (Read 339 times)

Facez

• 'G'
Focus (producer) the new Dr. Dre ???
« on: October 13, 2006, 05:35:15 PM »
Dre needs to start working/producing with this dude instead of Mark Batson, Mike Elizondo, Dawaun Parker etc, Focus has been signed to the math for years

I was just listening to the Focus' "It had2happen" mixtape and the beats on the mixtape sound ill. alot of them sound better than anything that Dre has produced lately. I was wondering what do you think about focus; do you think he's better than storch ? do you think he has got what it takes to be up there with dre?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Focus (producer) the new Dr. Dre ???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 05:37:45 PM »
I haven't heard enough to compare him to Scott...but I think Scott is probably more hit and miss than Focus. But Scott has produced some near classic songs, and a boatload of singles, so it's not much of a comparison to me.

As far as anybody being the next Dre.....I don't think we should even toss that around til somebody comes in the game and causes MAJOR impact, and changes the sound of music 3+ times. There are a few producers who've made better beats than Dre duing a certain period of time, but overall, it's no comparison.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 06:07:59 PM »
i dunno about focus.. he's aiight.. but i guess theres more behind the scenes to why dre dont use his beats as much..

picoplaya

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 06:37:35 PM »
did yall hear  the 3 tracks focus produced on the outlawz  album. straight fire .    especially the song "i dare you " its a  classic. i jam that shit all the time

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:45:46 PM »
I'm sure Focus is decent, but it's fuckin ridiculous to even debate that he's "the new Dr. Dre".  And whatever mixtape you heard, I'm sure Dre had a hand in mixing or even co-producing several joints anyway.  I don't see how people don't see a trend here...how many producers has Dre worked with over the years that everybody thought were nothing short of genius' only to see them fall off more and more the further they got distanced from Dre.

Scott Storch is an excellent example of another over-rated producer that was working with Dre.  His shit gets worse and worse imo.  So I'm sure Focus knows how to work a beat but let the dude be in the game for 20 years and still be the most sought after producer in the game then maybe you'll have a valid question.  Until then, don't make ridiculous statements.

redemption7

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:45:20 PM »
WHERE DID YOU GET "IT HAD TO HAPPEN"! I've been waiting forever for that shit

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 10:47:17 PM »
WHERE DID YOU GET "IT HAD TO HAPPEN"! I've been waiting forever for that shit

word... i didn't know it was out, yet.

WestCoasta

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 12:18:22 AM »
yes, Focus is the "new" Dr. Dre

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 03:19:58 AM »
Focus is a fucking sick producer, the beats I have heard from him are sick.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 03:28:42 AM »
Focus knows how to work a beat but let the dude be in the game for 20 years and still be the most sought after producer in the game then maybe you'll have a valid question.  Until then, don't make ridiculous statements.