Author Topic: Am I the only one that hates Joe Buck  (Read 2154 times)

herpes

Re: Am I the only one that hates Joe Buck
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 12:41:29 AM »
Jon Miller>>>Vin Scully\Chick Hearn

LMFAO AHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *catches breathe* HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 08:46:02 AM »
Joe Buck can lick a shit-stained ball sack.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 02:22:02 AM »
chick hern -broadcasted numerous historic laker games, and too many to count hall of fame players

vin scully- broardcasted numerous historic dodger games, and too many to count hall of fame players

IMO Chick Hern=Vin Scully

I'm sorry, but the dedication Chick brought to the Laker organization is unparallaled. Vin Scully didn't broadcast NEARLY as many consecutive games as Chick and wasn't close to as exclusive to his team. Chick was a brilliant man, he defined announcing, and came up with some of the more popular wordings in the game today, such as "airball" and "slam dunk"...Dude was basically like a father figure to everyone who was close to the Lakers or even the game of basketball...No disrespect to Vin Scully, but I don't anyone put forth as much dedication to what they did as the great Chick Hearn...PeACe

yeah chick did all that but you can't dismiss what vin scully has done either, wich is on the same level as chick hern

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 02:27:56 AM »
Bring back Pat Summeral!   >:(

pat summeral, sunday afternoon, dallas cowboys vs_________, ice cold pepsi, microwaved cold pizza=best sundays of my life

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2006, 10:00:31 AM »
chick hern -broadcasted numerous historic laker games, and too many to count hall of fame players

vin scully- broardcasted numerous historic dodger games, and too many to count hall of fame players

I'm sorry, but the dedication Chick brought to the Laker organization is unparallaled. Vin Scully didn't broadcast NEARLY as many consecutive games as Chick and wasn't close to as exclusive to his team. Chick was a brilliant man, he defined announcing, and came up with some of the more popular wordings in the game today, such as "airball" and "slam dunk"...Dude was basically like a father figure to everyone who was close to the Lakers or even the game of basketball...No disrespect to Vin Scully, but I don't anyone put forth as much dedication to what they did as the great Chick Hearn...PeACe

yeah chick did all that but you can't dismiss what vin scully has done either, wich is on the same level as chick hern

Vin Scully was a great announcer...Chick Hearn was a great person, he was almost like a God amongst Lakers and Laker fans... I haven't heard the same said for Vin Scully, despite his legendary accomplishments in announcing...Chick Hearn, greatest announcer ever. Period.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 12:53:15 PM »

Vin Scully is a great announcer...Chick Hearn was a great person, he was almost like a God amongst Lakers and Laker fans... I haven't heard the same said for Vin Scully, despite his legendary accomplishments in announcing...Chick Hearn, greatest announcer ever. Period.

lol you've had a whole thread full of dodger fans sayin this

vin scully has been with the dodgers since they were in brooklyn, he's been anouncing games for 6 decades man

here's an article
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/04/AR2005070400935.html

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 01:42:48 PM »

Vin Scully is a great announcer...Chick Hearn was a great person, he was almost like a God amongst Lakers and Laker fans... I haven't heard the same said for Vin Scully, despite his legendary accomplishments in announcing...Chick Hearn, greatest announcer ever. Period.

lol you've had a whole thread full of dodger fans sayin this

vin scully has been with the dodgers since they were in brooklyn, he's been anouncing games for 6 decades man

here's an article
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/04/AR2005070400935.html

Like I said, Vin Scully wasn't as exclusive nor dedicated to his organization as Chick was...You, being a Laker fan, should know this more than anyone...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »
and i'm also a dodgers fan and vin scully is every bit as respectable as chick hern, did you read that article?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »
Yes...Have you read Chick Hearns book? In fact, have you read ANY Laker books? Chick Hearn >>> Vin Scully.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2006, 04:24:05 PM »
It's not even close.  Vin Scully is the best announcer of all time, every announcer ever will tell you that.  Its not even close he was a broadcaster for almost 70 years, its not close Vin Scully is the greatest announcer of all time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 04:46:39 PM »
It's not even close.  Vin Scully is the best announcer of all time, every announcer ever will tell you that.  Its not even close he was a broadcaster for almost 70 years, its not close Vin Scully is the greatest announcer of all time.

LOL. Funny. I've heard lots and lots of people say the exact same about Chick Hearns. In fact, I've read books dedicated to how much of the greatest he is/was. LOL@it's not even close. Who announced more consecutive games for their franchise?...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 04:51:06 PM »
If it's about announcing, then Scully is the winner.  Cal Ripken is called the iron man of baseball but he's not the greatest player of all time.  Roberte Clemente did alot of work for his home country, but he's not the greatest player of all time. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2006, 10:50:10 PM »
Doesn't matter, Chick knew the ins and outs of the game of basketball and was a very intelligent and colorful man. He played, was a GM, announced. Nobody has ever come close to Chick Hearns when it comes to announcing AND dedication...Of course the baseball fans are gunna say Vin Scully was the greatest or whatever, but ask anyone who actually knows their sports and doesn't identify mainly with baseball, Chick>Scully.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 11:19:15 AM »
Doesn't matter, Chick knew the ins and outs of the game of basketball and was a very intelligent and colorful man. He played, was a GM, announced. Nobody has ever come close to Chick Hearns when it comes to announcing AND dedication...Of course the baseball fans are gunna say Vin Scully was the greatest or whatever, but ask anyone who actually knows their sports and doesn't identify mainly with baseball, Chick>Scully.

Again, you're going off to non announcing stuff.  Very intelligent and colorful man? And Scully isn't?  Scully doesn't just come up with  one liners, he speaks poetry and he's simply the best at painting pictures with his words. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 11:38:50 AM »

Again, you're going off to non announcing stuff.  Very intelligent and colorful man? And Scully isn't?  Scully doesn't just come up with  one liners, he speaks poetry and he's simply the best at painting pictures with his words. 

LMAO. Boy, you're smart, aren't ya? Being an intelligent and colorful man has EVERYTHING to do with announcing...The way Chick spoke to the viewers, it's almost like he was sitting right with you in your living room...Nobody will EVER parallel Chick's greatness on the mic, not Scully, not no one...THEN when you factor in how much more he's sacraficed for the Laker organization on top of that, there's no competition...PeACe