Author Topic: Sony sues Lik Sang (largest UK video games importer)..  (Read 277 times)

Don Seer

Sony sues Lik Sang (largest UK video games importer)..
« on: October 22, 2006, 03:11:29 PM »

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=20489

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3900&lsaid=219793

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1111910

this effectively means a trusted route for people to get PS3s in europe may have been shut down....

Sony really are fucking up this time.. shitting on the people who'd willingly pay through the nose to support ps3 early!

Trauma-san

Re: Sony sues Lik Sang (largest UK video games importer)..
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 08:36:28 PM »
I swear to god it's like somebody else is running Sony and purposefully sabotaging them.  Any possible thing that could go wrong is going wrong, and most of it is at Sony's choice.  Bad decision after bad decision, now they sue the largest distributer of U.K. games.  Brilliantly idiotic. 

Raspass

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »
He continued, "Ultimately, we're {Sony} trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that does not conform to strict EU or UK consumer safety standards, due to voltage supply differences et cetera; is not - in PS3's case - backwards compatible with either PS1 or PS2 software; will not play European Blu-Ray movies or DVDs; and will not be covered by warranty."

It's no surprise that Sony is offering a strong warning against importing PS3s - there's likely to be a high demand for the consoles in Europe, following the announcement that they won't be officially arriving here until four months after they go on sale in the US and Japan.

The company will doubtless be looking to avoid a repeat of the events of last year, where several retailers, including ElectricBirdLand, ended up in court for selling import PSPs.

God Bless Them  :'(

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 07:26:09 AM »
fuck sony, sony lost this time round and they havent even released the console yet.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Chief

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:25:48 AM »
am i the only one that made sense of this?

looks to me sony wants the U.K to get the console that is made for the U.K...

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 11:49:04 AM »
well yeah.. but people who can afford it should be able to import one right?

and who would import one apart from hardcore sony fans/geeks? and super rich people?

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 05:54:48 PM »

and who would import one apart from hardcore sony fans/geeks? and super rich people?

True ^.

I see no point importing one, juss mod that mofo

Raspass

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 12:39:07 AM »

But...
The legal battle with Sony over Lik-Sang's legitimate exporting activities started during August 2005. Sony complained about the sales of PSP (PlayStation Portable) systems to Europe and launched a lawsuit in the High Court of Hong Kong, arguing that Lik-Sang advertises the Sony products "in a dishonest manner" and "unlawfully interferes with Sony's economical interests".

;)

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 01:39:36 AM »

the ruling will affect them importing ps3s too doofus

Raspass

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 03:20:06 AM »

Silly child people can still import PS3 :laugh: European retailers will be the ones effected.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 03:33:07 AM »

Silly child people can still import PS3 :laugh: European retailers will be the ones effected.

uhh.. and how do people do that wiseguy?

they either carry one back in their luggage.. or they use a foriegn site to order one.. uhh.. most don't do international shipping for things like consoles..

so the preferred method has always been to use a company that handles the importing for you..
this also means you get your shit quicker as its in the country already..

Raspass

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 04:25:44 AM »

they either carry one back in their luggage.. or they use a foriegn site to order one.. uhh.. most don't do international shipping for things like consoles..

so the preferred method has always been to use a company that handles the importing for you..

I'll mail you one Seer @ your own risk  :-*

Anyways I think a retail ban is best for Sony and EU consumers.

Because we all know Sony or Lik Sang will not replace a $600 PS3 that blows up etc... (in Europe)  :)

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 06:06:24 AM »
oh yeah.. and they will blow up! :D :D

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 06:28:10 AM »

I'll mail you one Seer @ your own risk  :-*

Anyways I think a retail ban is best for Sony and EU consumers.

Because we all know Sony or Lik Sang will not replace a $600 PS3 that blows up etc... (in Europe)  :)

You must be a democrat,  Passing laws to protect the people from themselves, because we know the government better knows how your life should be ran than you do. 

Now, me, I say if people want to import one, let 'em go ahead, if it breaks it's their own fault for being impatient. 

See, the differences between the two opinions are yours handcuffs the average citizen while mine gives them freedom.   

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 07:09:49 AM »
My view is that Sony makes more profit per console in PAL territories and doesn't want lose out further. Also there's a limited release of consoles at launch and Sony are probably keen to ensure that these don't leave their native areas to avoid disappointment.