Author Topic: Lakers Waive Von Wafer & JR Pinnock...  (Read 469 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lakers Waive Von Wafer & JR Pinnock...
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 06:36:46 AM »
Yeah he's playing pretty well. Man Mitch is good drafting people. He just can't make a trade.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 10:25:37 AM »
Von Wafer>Leandro Barbosa in Phoenix's system. ;D

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »
Here we are! ;D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »
Von Wafer = Smush Parker Jr. And to think...we took him over Monta Ellis  >:(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »

LMAO...Wafer and Smush are two complete different types of players. And Monta Ellis woulda flopped just as bad in the triangle, just as Wafer woulda' been extremely succesful in Golden States system...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 07:30:02 PM »

LMAO...Wafer and Smush are two complete different types of players. And Monta Ellis woulda flopped just as bad in the triangle, just as Wafer woulda' been extremely succesful in Golden States system...PeACe

How so? They're both inconsistent offensively and weak defensively. Monta Ellis wouldn't have flopped - he's just better.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 07:31:59 PM »

How so? They're both inconsistent offensively and weak defensively. Monta Ellis wouldn't have flopped - he's just better.

Wafer is a shooting guard, he's pretty much a poor mans Kobe...Smush is a NY PG with a completely different game...LOL@thinking Monta woulda done something under Phil. :-X

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 11:32:15 PM »
At the end of the day.,.

Fisher > Smush (shit, i think even Crittenton has more potential and skills than Smush)
Evans > Wafer (Evans is more a defender and a triangle player. He's a decent Kobe backup, man)

so fuck it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 11:46:09 PM »
Looks like the triangle is a terrible system as all the players would have done way worse in it  :laugh:
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 08:44:24 AM »
Evans is a good player, man. Just to let you know, he played in Italy, in Benetton Treviso (the team of Raptors GM and the former team of Bargnani, Nachbar, Garbajosa, etc..). He has averaged 8.4 points in 22 minutes last year, which is pretty impressive considering he's a defensive stopper. I'm happy about him. Triangle or not. Oh, and if you go to www.lakers.com you can see some of his best highlights in the front page.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
Looks like the triangle is a terrible system as all the players would have done way worse in it  :laugh:

Wow, you are so educated, aren't ya? LOL@that dumbass comment. Lots of players (Luke Walton, for example) thrive in the triangle and have a game that is customary for the system... ::)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:37:18 AM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 10:39:04 AM »
Evans is a good player, man. Just to let you know, he played in Italy, in Benetton Treviso (the team of Raptors GM and the former team of Bargnani, Nachbar, Garbajosa, etc..). He has averaged 8.4 points in 22 minutes last year, which is pretty impressive considering he's a defensive stopper. I'm happy about him. Triangle or not. Oh, and if you go to www.lakers.com you can see some of his best highlights in the front page.

Yea, Evans is good...I'd like to keep him as our first guard off the bench behind Kobe. Farmar will be the first point guard off the bench behind Fisher, splitting minutes with Crittenton...Critt will also play a little 2 as well. Sasha seems really useless as of now, unless he really improved his game...PeACe

wcsoldier

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 10:56:20 AM »
I like Mo game.. even if sometimes his shots selection is very doubtful, there are some games he can't stop shooting even if none of them was falling ..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 11:05:05 AM »

Wow, you are so educated, aren't ya? LOL@that dumbass comment. Lots of players (Luke Walton, for example) thrive in the triangle and have a game that is customary for the system... ::)

Oh you think Walton wouldn't average 20/8/8 in Phoenix?  :laugh:

Point is... stop discrediting niggas cause they play in another system...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin