Author Topic: Blue Carpet Treatment 10 Track Preview - About.com  (Read 405 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Blue Carpet Treatment 10 Track Preview - About.com
« on: October 27, 2006, 08:31:25 AM »
Seems legit, but the tracklist doesn't match the article!

http://rap.about.com/od/reviews/fr/SnoopBlueCarpet.htm

Snoop Dogg - Tha Blue Carpet Treatment (Preview)
Guide Rating -
Tha Blue Carpet Treatment is Snoop Dogg's 8th studio album. The title--particularly the word "blue"--is an obvious nod to Snoop's Crip affiliation. The Neptunes-laced lead single, "Vato" (featuring B-Real), is already a street favorite in the U.S.

A 10-Song Preview of Snoop Dogg's Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
Title: Tha Blue Carpet Treatment

Label: Geffen / Interscope

Release Date: November 21, 2006 (subject to change)

Let's face it, Snoop hasn't had a great album in ten years. So, imagine my enthusiasm as I walked into the listening session for Tha Blue Carpet Treatment. Early prediction on this album dubbed it a return to the Doggystle era. Let's get to the nitty-gritty:

"Vato" (feat. B-Real): This official first single, which you've probably heard by now, exemplifies Snoop's unique ability to drop social commentary while still keeping it gangsta.

"That's That Sh**" (feat. R.Kelly): This one has also been making rounds on the internet lately. A pretty-sounding groove that has "radioland" inscribed all over it. R. Kelly's least repulsive collabo in years.

"Crazy" (feat. Nate Dogg): Nate sets the tone here with his signature crooning. The production hearkens to the G-Funk era, replete with a booming bassline.

"Candy" (ft. E-40, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc, Daz and Kurupt): Snoop has featured on everyone's album lately, so it's no surprise that they all jumped in and returned the favor. Unfortunately, this one is easily predictable and not as sweet as the title suggests.

Timbaland Gives Snoop Dogg a Light
"Can I Get a Light" (produced by Timbaland): The beat has way too much going on here: a bunch of compressed reverbs, a schizophrenic sprawl of bass birps. Somehow, it still manages to come across as a bouncy "Work It"-esque Timbaland production. Snoop's spills a can of words that sounds like: "sippin' and dippin', drippin', trippin' before lunging into tough talk territory, "Turn your music down low, the s**t is too loud? /What the f**k you talkin' 'bout, I put my gun in your mouth." Blaow!!

"L.A.X. (featuring Ice Cube)": Obviously a tribute to the Golden state. Features a Roger Troutman spin-off on the hook warbling "Cali". Drum riffs and boom baps mingle with congas.

"Which One of You B*****s Like Me": Despite having the least googleable title, "Which One" has the catchiest beat of all the songs I've heard so far. If you've never heard Snoop Dogg singing for an entire track, then here's your ticket. The only thing missing is Andre 3000 and a guitar. The song is definitely on some pimp talk, but I have no idea why Snoop needs to adjust his hair with a mirror.

Gangbangin' with The Game, Reminiscing with Dr. Dre
"Gangbangin' 101" (feat. The Game)": Over what sounds like a gazillion gunshots, Snoop and Game exchange rhymes about the obvious. The beat is very dramatic, like the theme song to a gangsta movie. Game holds his own against the Dog Father, rhyming "Bangin' like Snoop in Deep Cover.../Me and Snoop got the west coast locked."

"Imagine" (feat. Dr. Dre): I guess the good news here is that Dre not only supplies the beat, he also spits some dope 16s. His first this year. "Imagine no rappin', n****s still trappin' / Imagine Russell still struggling / No Def Jam...Imagine no Rocs on the Fellas, just some rocks on the fellas." Quite soulful.

"Think About It": This sounds like it was lifted right off a contemporary jazz station. Some crazy trumpets meshed with Afro-drums play the backdrop for Snoop's cotton-gauze musing.

Overall, Tha Blue Carpet Treatment (well, the 10 tracks that we heard) finds Snoop trying different things, but still retaining most of his old blueprint. It's not necessarily the "return to lyrical brilliance" that the album has been painted as, but it's very close.

Tha Blue Carpet Treatment's Track List
"Think About It" (Prod. by Frequency)
"Vato" (featuring B-Real) (Prod. by The Neptunes)
"Candy" (w/ Tha Dogg Pound, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc & E-40) (Prod. by Rick Rock)
"That's The S**t" (w/ R. Kelly) (Prod. by Nottz)
"Special" (w/ Brandy & Pharrell Williams) (Prod. by The Neptunes)
"Do It" (Prod. by Terrace Martin)
"L.A. Zoo" (Prod. by Timbaland)
"Gang Banging 101" (w/ The Game) (Prod. by THX)
"Imagine" (w/ Dre. Dre) (Prod. Dr. Dre)
"I Need A Light" (Prod. by Timbaland)
"How To Talk with God" (w/ Stevie Wonder) (Prod. by DJ Pooh)
"Let It Rain" (w/ Pimp C) (Prod. by Daz Dillenger)
"Bounce" (w/ Too $hort & Will.I.Am) (Prod. Will.I.Am)
"Put This Thing On You" (w/ Ne-Yo) (Prod. Ne-Yo)
"Real Talk"
"My Peoples"

wcsoldier

Re: Blue Carpet Treatment 10 Track Preview - About.com
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 08:36:08 AM »
props.... traclisting is fake though

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Blue Carpet Treatment 10 Track Preview - About.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:02 AM »
props.... traclisting is fake though