Author Topic: 2Pac is the greatest artist of our time....  (Read 340 times)

ToNe1904

Re: 2Pac is the greatest artist of our time....
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2001, 12:13:44 AM »

ToNe, it's not about dick riding Pac, it's just about recognising and giving him ALL the pure recognition he deserved. He was/is/will probably always be the greatest, it'd take someone inexplainably special to take that reign away from Pac. Like many have said, he was beyond just a rapper, he was a hero, someone who purely wanted the truth to be known. His music expressed every emotion possibly available, his music brings out these emotions, even after all this time, even if you have nothing to be sad/happy about!! Thats how amazing he was and thats how powerful his messages are.

u left out one key part....the words "to me". im not discountin what he did, for rap music or his importance. howeva, different rappers might bring out different emotions in different people. not EVERYone feels pac like that. but, by simply calling HIM the greatest...discounts a WHOLE lot of other rappers who had jus as big a hand in rap music as he did. n the only reason i brought up the "dik ridin" thing. is because Slick was bein called TOO much of a snoop fan for saying that Snoop n Dre should be considered as important to rap as Pac. Why cant they be? because they havent died yet? Ill bet if Snoop n Dre were to die tomorrow...theyd be held in MUCH higher regards then they seem to be now. Pac was tight...i jus dont believe because he died, his music is all a sudden better then it was when he was alive. thats the way i see people treating it. if u like him, like him. if u werent feelin him so much when he was alive....dont act like he's yur "hero" all of sudden now that hes dead. be real...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2001, 12:19:17 AM »
"pac the Best hell NO"

That title goes to SKEE lo. ;D ;D ;D

"I wish i was a little bit taller"
"I wish i was a baller"
"I wish i had a girl so i know i could call her"

Ahahah thats the greatest song in the world.

Pac could never top that. :D :D

Ahahahahah

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2001, 12:24:51 AM »
It's a damn shame that it took the death of him for people to actually start recognising his music but I was down for Pac before he even dropped any of his shit on Death Row, the first Pac LP I picked up was "Strictly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z", and that was back in '93. I didn't just jump on the Pac 'bandwagon' if thats what your refering to. I have always regarded Pac as one of the greatest and as time went by his status has been upgraded to THE GREATEST, this is my oppinion but as you can see it applys to alot of other people here.
Dre & Snoop are a VERY important part of Hip-Hop, I'd regard Snoop as one of the greats but not the greatest, but i'd regard Dre as THE GREATEST PRODUCER of our time.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

ToNe1904

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2001, 12:32:49 AM »
thas all good. like i said, as long as u real. then its cool. but that bandwagon shit getz NO luv. honestly fah me, righ befo pac died....i liked him, but he wadnt close tah one of mah favoritez. so i aint goan pretend now that he was. i wont disrespect. i like wha he did fah tha west, jus like snoop n dre n NWA did tho. but theaz muhafuckaz that was talkin shit bout pac befo he died cus of that east/west shit...that now call him great. n they ass need tah be slapped....

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2001, 12:55:31 AM »
ToNe, I know where your coming from about the 'bandwagon' fans, but that happens in every genre of music I spose. If you don't agree with what we are saying about Pac then thats coo', it's your oppinion, but I honestly do think of him as the greatest. Alot of non-hip-hop fans question Pac's legacy and ask me if he would still be a 'legend' if he was still alive, & I honestly can say I think he was always a legend, it just took his death to reach the majority of people and to make them realise how great he really was.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2001, 09:23:02 AM »

tah be honest wit yall. yall hatin on Slick fah wha he sayin, callin him too much of a snoop fan. but i see more tupac dick ridin then anything. i like tupac. n i think he one of the greatest rappers ever. But, it seem like all this "Greatest Rapper Ever" stuff only came out after his death. Like Slick said, ALOT of people have contributed to rap. n i dont believe theres ONE greatest rapper. To think that, iz CRAZEE. sure, u could have yur ONE favorite rapper...n thas fine. but rap music is way bigger then to have jus ONE guy who iz tha greatest. Itz cool that e'rybody respect tha man, n respect his music. thas good. but it seem like, jus because he passed, people bein fake about shit. all of a sudden....EVERYone luvz pac. yah righ, a WHOLE lotta people didnt like pac one bit befo he died. but now....hes the greatest. true, i think he changed rap as much as anyone. but, jus not MORe then any1. Snoop n Dre did a WHOLE lot. had everyone in tha cuntry wantin that gangsta shit. hell, even Hammer in his own way changed rap music as much as any1 i believe. whether u like it or not. So, this aint no shot at tupac. But Tupac was about bein real....n im guessin he'd respect sum1 who said str8 up what they thought....rather then kiss his ass...

yeah thanks , u feel what i'm talkin bout , i ain't dickrindin snoop i just shown some point u made up in your post,  and yeah there a lot of tupac dickridin, when he was alive nobody really gave a fuck about him , he was famous n hott but when he die well everybody come on his side and then all eyes on me was selling so good at that time , cause of suge promotion thats it , now people had heard some other talk good about pac so they says the same n this goes on n on, lets get it straight i don't like snoop more than pac and pac more then snoop , i put a line between thoses n i respect that but i found unfair that people thought about pac only in the history of rap , the nigga is die , RIP , suge just releasing some remixes n old stuff , that ain't whut pac would have wanted, suge already own pac some money, let's get it like that ,the question is Who is the greatest artist of our time.... well in the question theres the words our time pac ain't in our time  neither , think about it
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2001, 10:33:05 AM »

yeah thanks , u feel what i'm talkin bout , i ain't dickrindin snoop i just shown some point u made up in your post,  and yeah there a lot of tupac dickridin, when he was alive nobody really gave a fuck about him , he was famous n hott but when he die well everybody come on his side and then all eyes on me was selling so good at that time , cause of suge promotion thats it , now people had heard some other talk good about pac so they says the same n this goes on n on, lets get it straight i don't like snoop more than pac and pac more then snoop , i put a line between thoses n i respect that but i found unfair that people thought about pac only in the history of rap , the nigga is die , RIP , suge just releasing some remixes n old stuff , that ain't whut pac would have wanted, suge already own pac some money, let's get it like that ,the question is Who is the greatest artist of our time.... well in the question theres the words our time pac ain't in our time  neither , think about it

Just cos u didn't give a fuck about Pac when he was alive don't categorise the rest of us.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2001, 11:03:30 AM »
sorry but i gave a fuck , i was a bit forced cause my bro introduce me to music with pac snoo and all that so i don't don't where u coming from with that, but before his death u didn't heard his name like that , tell me i'm lying, he wasn't that superstar he his now
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2001, 01:09:04 PM »

ToNe, I know where your coming from about the 'bandwagon' fans, but that happens in every genre of music I spose. If you don't agree with what we are saying about Pac then thats coo', it's your oppinion, but I honestly do think of him as the greatest. Alot of non-hip-hop fans question Pac's legacy and ask me if he would still be a 'legend' if he was still alive, & I honestly can say I think he was always a legend, it just took his death to reach the majority of people and to make them realise how great he really was.

"Me Against The World" shot Pac into the upper echolon of hip hop, but it was "All Eyez On Me" where he officially became a hip hop legend. The impact of that album is STILL being felt today, as numerious rappers are using it as a blueprint to make their albums. I think it still sells like 10,000 copies a week. "Makaveli" crowned him as a hip hop phrophet [the highest ranking you can achieve].

I love plenty of other rappers. Outkast is my fav group, along with Bone, Wu Tang, Tribe, Gang Starr, The Roots, Redman, Snoop and Dre's older stuff, Cube's early work, Public Enemy, Biggie, Nas, Mobb Deep, the Beasties, etc etc............but there is one thing that separated Pac from all of the these and all the other rappers I didnt name, and I put it in my first post but everyone seemed to overlook it, or they dont understand the meaning of it:

"Eternally it is my mission to become more than just a rap musician/the elevation of todays generation/if I could make em' listen"--2Pac [Unconditional Love]

^^That quote speaks for itself..........

check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

ToNe1904

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2001, 08:34:28 PM »

"Me Against The World" shot Pac into the upper echolon of hip hop, but it was "All Eyez On Me" where he officially became a hip hop legend. The impact of that album is STILL being felt today, as numerious rappers are using it as a blueprint to make their albums. I think it still sells like 10,000 copies a week. "Makaveli" crowned him as a hip hop phrophet [the highest ranking you can achieve].

I love plenty of other rappers. Outkast is my fav group, along with Bone, Wu Tang, Tribe, Gang Starr, The Roots, Redman, Snoop and Dre's older stuff, Cube's early work, Public Enemy, Biggie, Nas, Mobb Deep, the Beasties, etc etc............but there is one thing that separated Pac from all of the these and all the other rappers I didnt name, and I put it in my first post but everyone seemed to overlook it, or they dont understand the meaning of it:

"Eternally it is my mission to become more than just a rap musician/the elevation of todays generation/if I could make em' listen"--2Pac [Unconditional Love]

Thatz a great quote n all. real deep. but...that one quote makes him the greatest huh? lol. well, therez been PLENTY of lines, frum PLENTY of rappers that are just as deep. it all depends on yur point of view, n depends on what it is that HITS u. not everybody feels pac tha way u do. if yur belief is that he tha greatest....thas yur belief. this aint a fact or fiction type of topic. itz all opinion. tha way i measure greatness, n tha way any1 else might...are gonna be totally different. in rap music, mah measure of greatness is this. What a rapper has done to benifit rap music. not jus change it. but impact it. rap music is a relatively new form of music. Now that it has takin over sum what, we might measure GREATNESS different. but frum tha beginnin till now, i look at it as...who has helped rap music become what it is. Pac hasnt influenced rap music anymore then a WHOLE lotta people frum Run DMC, to Public Enemy, to NWA, to Too Short, to Snoop, To Dre....n the list goes on. Aint nobody doubtin hiz greatness really. but, if u was doubtin it while he was livin....then doubt it now. cus his lyrics havent changed. the music is the same. have tha respect tah be real.  even after death.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2001, 12:33:45 AM »

Agree totally. I thinks it hard to explain just how important he has become, I try but it's hard to explain why his musical presence touches us so much if you know what I mean..