Author Topic: RIP Red Auerbach  (Read 1073 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: RIP Red Auerbach
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »
Damn, that really sucks, i really wanted him to be alive so he could see Phil win his 10th, 11, 12 tittle the next couple of years ;D  8)  :nahnah:

Phil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Red

^^Exactly my thoughts...Nonetheless, RIP to a great coach...Was never really AS great of a person in my opinion though.

Exactly My Thoughts!?!? You Laker fans act SO PATHETIC some times. The legend and greatest coach ever dies and all you have to say is "I wish he was still alive to watch Phil win 3 more titles" HOW DUMB! First off that could never happen cause Kobe doesnt have Shaq anymore so he probably wont ever win another title although Shaq did.  You Laker fans are a riot, so biased its disgusting.  Damn NIK I expected more out of you, Exactly My Thoughts, lol all you have to say about Red is u wish he could watch Phil win more titles, I hate Shaq and The Heat but now Im kinda happy they won it all cause it put u Laker fans in place, Shaq w/out Kobe 1 Title, Kobe w/out Shaq only 1 trip to playoffs in 2 years, Shaq >Kobe

LOL, stop crying like a little bitch. Red Aurebach wasn't the greatest of people, you don't know shit about him. I don't know him, but I know enough about him and the things he's done to believe such. Phil Jackson is a WAY better coach in my and most peoples opinion, and he will no doubt break Red's record by the time he retires... that's what I mostly care about, I don't feel sad for anything, sorry that you can't handle that...Red Aurebach even recently talked mad shit about Phil and has always HATED the Laker organization. He LOVED rubbing shit in the Lakers face, anything to feel on top of them, that's what he made his reputation off of...To say that I'm upset that Phil won't be able to now rub his next title in Aurebach's face is EXTREMELY valid...I mean, sucks for him that he went out, I feel for those close to him and everything, but he meant absolutely NOTHING to me...PeACe

It's just very lame NIK,  And lol @ me acting like a bitch, I will say it again I like u Nik in fact u are one of my fav posters here and I like talkng ball with you but you're Laker bias is out of hand sometimes.  And when I said Shaq>Kobe of course I didnt mean that but u Laker fans just bring it on yourselves some times.  I dont care that Red wasnt a "good person" Kobe isnt a real good person either but he still cant do any wrong in your eyes, lol at using "not a good person" to discredit Red, is that all you got?

Kobe isn't a good person? LMAO...Look at you, man, you're like one of those fans who's brain is runned by the media. Nothing is lame, other than the fact that you hopped up on me for stating my opinion, which was that Phil>Aurebach and that I wanted Aurebach to witness Phil beating his record...You had no right tryna get on me for that, calling me "pathetic" and saying you're happy that Wade and the refs won a title for Shaq. LOL. I have no beef with anyone on here, I always just say what I feel and people choose to either ride my nuts for it, disregard it, or respect it and move on...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 05:48:15 PM »
Damn, that really sucks, i really wanted him to be alive so he could see Phil win his 10th, 11, 12 tittle the next couple of years ;D  8)  :nahnah:

^^Exactly my thoughts...Nonetheless, RIP to a great coach...Was never really AS great of a person in my opinion though.

Exactly My Thoughts!?!? You Laker fans act SO PATHETIC some times. The legend and greatest coach ever dies and all you have to say is "I wish he was still alive to watch Phil win 3 more titles" HOW DUMB! First off that could never happen cause Kobe doesnt have Shaq anymore so he probably wont ever win another title although Shaq did.  You Laker fans are a riot, so biased its disgusting.  Damn NIK I expected more out of you, Exactly My Thoughts, lol all you have to say about Red is u wish he could watch Phil win more titles, I hate Shaq and The Heat but now Im kinda happy they won it all cause it put u Laker fans in place, Shaq w/out Kobe 1 Title, Kobe w/out Shaq only 1 trip to playoffs in 2 years, Shaq >Kobe

LOL, stop crying like a little bitch. Red Aurebach wasn't the greatest of people, you don't know shit about him. I don't know him, but I know enough about him and the things he's done to believe such. Phil Jackson is a WAY better coach in my and most peoples opinion, and he will no doubt break Red's record by the time he retires... that's what I mostly care about, I don't feel sad for anything, sorry that you can't handle that...Red Aurebach even recently talked mad shit about Phil and has always HATED the Laker organization. He LOVED rubbing shit in the Lakers face, anything to feel on top of them, that's what he made his reputation off of...To say that I'm upset that Phil won't be able to now rub his next title in Aurebach's face is EXTREMELY valid...I mean, sucks for him that he went out, I feel for those close to him and everything, but he meant absolutely NOTHING to me...PeACe

It's just very lame NIK,  And lol @ me acting like a bitch, I will say it again I like u Nik in fact u are one of my fav posters here and I like talkng ball with you but you're Laker bias is out of hand sometimes.  And when I said Shaq>Kobe of course I didnt mean that but u Laker fans just bring it on yourselves some times.  I dont care that Red wasnt a "good person" Kobe isnt a real good person either but he still cant do any wrong in your eyes, lol at using "not a good person" to discredit Red, is that all you got?

Kobe isn't a good person? LMAO...Look at you, man, you're like one of those fans who's brain is runned by the media. Nothing is lame, other than the fact that you hopped up on me for stating my opinion, which was that Phil>Aurebach and that I wanted Aurebach to witness Phil beating his record...You had no right tryna get on me for that, calling me "pathetic" and saying you're happy that Wade and the refs won a title for Shaq. LOL. I have no beef with anyone on here, I always just say what I feel and people choose to either ride my nuts for it, disregard it, or respect it and move on...PeACe

I HATE THE MEDIA! Lmao my favorite athlete ever is Barry Bonds, you can just imagine what I think about the media.  Nik what would you think if when Phil dies a Sacramento Kings fan barely acknowledges his accomplishments and fails to give him the credit he deserves because he dissed the city of Sac several times.  That is the equivalent of what you did with Red. The fact is this guy is acknowledged as the best coach ever (only Laker fans disagree) so when he dies, regardless of what he has said about your favorite team, you should show the guy his proper respect and any other coach shouldnt even be mentioned, this is a time to honor Red, Phil has no business in this conversation. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 06:23:47 PM »

I HATE THE MEDIA! Lmao my favorite athlete ever is Barry Bonds, you can just imagine what I think about the media.  Nik what would you think if when Phil dies a Sacramento Kings fan barely acknowledges his accomplishments and fails to give him the credit he deserves because he dissed the city of Sac several times.  That is the equivalent of what you did with Red. The fact is this guy is acknowledged as the best coach ever (only Laker fans disagree) so when he dies, regardless of what he has said about your favorite team, you should show the guy his proper respect and any other coach shouldnt even be mentioned, this is a time to honor Red, Phil has no business in this conversation. 

LMAO! You guys brought up Phil Jackson...And where did I fail to give him the credit he deserves? I even said "RIP to a great coach"...It's also extremely stupid to say "only Laker fans think Phil is better than Aurebach"...You have nothing on me, man, stop whining about it...LOL.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 06:42:56 PM »
^^I never said anything about Phil in my initial post

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 07:26:30 AM »
Nothing but respect for a man who's made the history of this game. He was an "enemy" of the Lakers and Phil Jackson, but it doesn't matter today. It's just time to celebrate him and his life. R.I.P.

real talk from a mature Laker fan

Stil on my nuts, Wigger?  :-*

And lol @ spice girl acting like a little bitch...you're the one who startetd it by saying "RIP to the greatest coach of all time"...that was obviously a shot at phil..it wasn't an opinion or a fact, it was a shot at phil..

And then dumb & dumber come in to this thread co-signing you "real talk. real spit, Red >>phil" ::) ::)....you guys turned this in to a Phil vs Red thread.

And Phil is the All-Time leader in Playoff wins, playoff winning %, & Regular season winning %....And when the Lakers (not if) when the lakers win 52 games this season he will pass Red in Regular season wins...And both men have 9 championships as coaches....so how the fuck can you idiots say Red is better then Phil? LMFAO

WC Iz Active

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 10:10:12 AM »
Phil is just a coach and he has had the pleasure of having MJ, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe.  Phil has never played that big of a role in puting a team together he just coaches, Red on the other hand was a GM also and not just did he coach his team to 8 straight titles he put the team together also, it really isnt a comparison.  Red was a innovater, and a originator, he set the bar. Phil is a great coach no doubt but Red was so much more than that.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 11:11:27 AM »
Red never had any other coaches helping him, was the GM of the team and the scout.  He did it all.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 11:14:16 AM »
Red never had any other coaches helping him, was the GM of the team and the scout.  He did it all.

Imo and most others I dont think it close.  Only reason we are discussing this is because of Laker fans, if we were talking with fans of any other team then there would be no argument cause the answer is so obvious.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:17:05 AM by Spice Cali'z Finest »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 11:52:02 AM »
you're the one who startetd it by saying "RIP to the greatest coach of all time"...that was obviously a shot at phil..it wasn't an opinion or a fact, it was a shot at phil..

Man i personally can't judge who's better as a coach simply because i was born in 1980, and Red quitted caoching in '69. Another era.
If i have to make a name, i think the one i'd say is Phil Jackson, because i've seen him coaching the Bulls and the Lakers.
But you have to respect other people having a different opinion.
What's the problem?
It's not like he's calling... i don't know.. Scott Skiles the greatest coach of all time!
He's giving props to a guy who's very well respected in the basketball world and there are millions of people who consider him the greatest.
Just say you disagree. And other than that, he's dead and gone now, so it's pointless to argue about it NOW.
We could do it in a week or two. Now it's time for the people who loved and respected him to show him love.
Respect that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:53:52 AM by Antonio »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 12:34:35 PM »
Nothing but respect for a man who's made the history of this game. He was an "enemy" of the Lakers and Phil Jackson, but it doesn't matter today. It's just time to celebrate him and his life. R.I.P.

my thoughts exactly

how did i know this thread was going to get ruined by NIK.. you're over obsessed dude

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »
Phil is just a coach and he has had the pleasure of having MJ, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe.  Phil has never played that big of a role in puting a team together he just coaches, Red on the other hand was a GM also and not just did he coach his team to 8 straight titles he put the team together also, it really isnt a comparison.  Red was a innovater, and a originator, he set the bar. Phil is a great coach no doubt but Red was so much more than that.

LOL! We're talking in terms of coaching here, not whether or not he was also a GM. That means nothing when it comes to coaching... Phil Jackson has mastered the art of coaching, he gets his players to play basketball the way it was meant to be played...Auerbach won all those titles when there was very little competition in the NBA, when there was only 2 or 3 forces in the league...He has never done for his players what Phil Jackson has, and I doubt Michael and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq woulda' had the success they did without Phil Jackson...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 01:04:04 PM »
how did i know this thread was going to get ruined by NIK.. you're over obsessed dude

How did I ruin this thread, Laker fan? Look at my original post, I was being reasonable the whole way through...LOL@you having my nuts in your mouth now. "Go Lakers", huh? Or was it "Go Heat"... ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 01:06:30 PM »
lmao at what this thread turned into

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 01:07:46 PM »
lmao at what this thread turned into

Since you weren't involved, be the judge...Read my original reply. Did that warrant any questioning?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 01:10:33 PM »

How did I ruin this thread, Laker fan? Look at my original post, I was being reasonable the whole way through...LOL@you having my nuts in your mouth now. "Go Lakers", huh? Or was it "Go Heat"... ::)

dude check it , this is a post dedicated to a man's life, give your respects and move on wether you agree that he was the GOAT or not, make another thread if you disagree with that.

and jsut to piss you off i'm saying i'm a SUNS fan now...lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09