Author Topic: RIP Red Auerbach  (Read 1074 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: RIP Red Auerbach
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 01:12:19 PM »
Unless he was some murderer or rapist, after a person's death is not really the best time to say what kind of person he was since it is a Rest In Peace thread, and then to say this next quote is exactly what you were thinking...

"Damn, that really sucks, i really wanted him to be alive so he could see Phil win his 10th, 11, 12 tittle the next couple of years"

is pretty damn cold. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 01:16:23 PM »
^^Well, that's honestly what I felt, sorry if you got offended. And how would it be me ruining it anyways, when I just quoted ING and said "My thoughts exactly" followed by "Nonetheless, RIP to a great coach", which I believed was me 'paying respect'...Either way, take a look at who turned this into a Auerbach vs. Phil thread...It definitely wasn't me...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 01:19:43 PM »
^^Well, that's honestly what I felt, sorry if you got offended. And how would it be me ruining it anyways, when I just quoted ING and said "My thoughts exactly" followed by "Nonetheless, RIP to a great coach", which I believed was me 'paying respect'...Either way, take a look at who turned this into a Auerbach vs. Phil thread...It definitely wasn't me...PeACe

I guess people feel that ING is an idiot already and they expect that from him, and that you should've reacted in a more classy way. 

WC Iz Active

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 01:22:35 PM »

I guess people feel that ING is an idiot already and they expect that from him, and that you should've reacted in a more classy way. 
Couldnt of said it any better

Citizen-Y

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 01:53:07 PM »
Phil is just a coach and he has had the pleasure of having MJ, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe.  Phil has never played that big of a role in puting a team together he just coaches, Red on the other hand was a GM also and not just did he coach his team to 8 straight titles he put the team together also, it really isnt a comparison.  Red was a innovater, and a originator, he set the bar. Phil is a great coach no doubt but Red was so much more than that.

LOL! We're talking in terms of coaching here, not whether or not he was also a GM. That means nothing when it comes to coaching... Phil Jackson has mastered the art of coaching, he gets his players to play basketball the way it was meant to be played...Auerbach won all those titles when there was very little competition in the NBA, when there was only 2 or 3 forces in the league...He has never done for his players what Phil Jackson has, and I doubt Michael and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq woulda' had the success they did without Phil Jackson...PeACe

Expansion diluted the talent the league has.  And never doing what Phil has done is a fucking joke.  Call me Phil has won 8 titles in a row.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 02:00:14 PM »

Couldnt of said it any better

lol @ this wigger stil been on my nuts...

And i didn't start this shit...Spice girl, mosav, and citizen y did...all they had to do is say RIP and move on.....but no, they had to turn this shit in to a Red is better then phil thread..

Phil is just a coach and he has had the pleasure of having MJ, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe.  Phil has never played that big of a role in puting a team together he just coaches, Red on the other hand was a GM also and not just did he coach his team to 8 straight titles he put the team together also, it really isnt a comparison.  Red was a innovater, and a originator, he set the bar. Phil is a great coach no doubt but Red was so much more than that.

LOL! We're talking in terms of coaching here, not whether or not he was also a GM. That means nothing when it comes to coaching... Phil Jackson has mastered the art of coaching, he gets his players to play basketball the way it was meant to be played...Auerbach won all those titles when there was very little competition in the NBA, when there was only 2 or 3 forces in the league...He has never done for his players what Phil Jackson has, and I doubt Michael and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq woulda' had the success they did without Phil Jackson...PeACe

Expansion diluted the talent the league has.  And never doing what Phil has done is a fucking joke.  Call me Phil has won 8 titles in a row.

call me when red is the all-time leader in winning % in the playoffs, regular season and playoff wins..oh wait..he can't do that couse he's dead :-*

WestCoasta

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 02:06:55 PM »
that's what ya get for talkin shit about Phil... straight in the ground

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 02:09:33 PM »

And Red had the plessure of coaching 11 hall of famers & at one point having a starting line up of hall of famers..Red would get shitted on these days, he wouldn't be able to draft or sign any fuckin player he wanted like back in the days.

If phil had coached 11 hall of famers he would have 15 championships by now....and it doesn't matter if red won 8 straight championships b/c at the end of the day he still has 9 just like phil jackson.

rik

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 02:15:40 PM »
R.I.P. 

But it's Phil>Auerbach

Citizen-Y

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 02:20:04 PM »
fuck, wrong thread
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 02:22:59 PM by Citizen-Y »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 02:20:41 PM »

with all due respects to phil, IMO he would have won 8 in a row if jordan didn't retire the first time around and if kobe and shaq could've co existed who knows what they could've done

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Citizen-Y

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »

with all due respects to phil, IMO he would have won 8 in a row if jordan didn't retire the first time around and if kobe and shaq could've co existed who knows what they could've done

And I could have won yesterdays lottery if I picked the right numbers. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 03:07:07 PM »
well yeah , your bad huh

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Citizen-Y

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 03:08:51 PM »
well yeah , your bad huh

yeah pretty much =/