Author Topic: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning  (Read 170 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
« on: October 23, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »
Very strong entry in the TCM franchise...It's a prequel to the 2003 remake, and let me tell ya, the gore in this definitely outdoes the gore in the remake. In the remake we saw a lot of implied deaths, but this movie does not cut back. You see how every single person dies to the very last detail. I'd consider this a very visual film...I recommend this movie to any horror fan out there... this was good, and the directing style (lots of close-ups, rapid camera movement) is pretty much in-tune with the last TCM film...I give this a nice 8/10...Who else saw this and what did ya'll think?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:34:18 AM »
Oh, and I can't wait for the DVD...The film was given an NC-17 by the MPAA, and a total of 17 scenes had to be edited in order to get an R rating. I assume this will get an unrated DVD...

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:45:40 PM »
ya I saw this ,,,the shit was crazy no doubt

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 02:46:46 PM »
There are some crazy scenes in it, and a serious amount of blood and gore.  Thats all I can say.  People who are fans of the "scary/horror flicks" have to go see this.  It wont dissapoint.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:37:14 PM »
sucked, and i liked the last 1

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »
sucked, and i liked the last 1

Really? What didn't you like about it?

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 07:52:54 AM »
this is gota be one of the worst films i have ever seen..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 04:05:38 PM »
^Seriously? What was so bad?

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 10:57:34 AM »
well, therer was no suspence, no plot, nothing, they just had this "written on a napkin" story about how he became the killer, and the rest was just gore, even the deaths or actions leading up to the deaths werent scary, just made you go, wow thats fuckin bloody, the problem is they dont know how to build an enviorment, and get you hooked into the movie, so that its actually scary, and if scary moviesz dont do that, they are just a pointless bloodfest.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »
well, therer was no suspence, no plot, nothing, they just had this "written on a napkin" story about how he became the killer, and the rest was just gore, even the deaths or actions leading up to the deaths werent scary, just made you go, wow thats fuckin bloody, the problem is they dont know how to build an enviorment, and get you hooked into the movie, so that its actually scary, and if scary moviesz dont do that, they are just a pointless bloodfest.

Unlike you, I actually was into it, and I'm a fan of the franchise... I own every TCM movie, so I know the backstory and everything... I think they did an EXCELLENT job connecting this film with the previous one, they made it all tie in very well... and they added a lot of interesting facts to the legendary Leatherface characer. It's retro horror, man, that's how it is...I even found the characters more likeable in this movie than they were in the last one. The story is more from the familys perspective, the sherrif, his wife, Leatherface, how they came to be and everything...It was good...PeACe

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 01:29:04 PM »
i was just flipping throught the tv, and the shinning was on, kubrik's, that movie and others (phsyco), show how you dont need all this gore and blood to make a movie scary, its all about the build up and scenery. * both classics btw.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 01:32:29 PM »
i was just flipping throught the tv, and the shinning was on, kubrik's, that movie and others (phsyco), show how you dont need all this gore and blood to make a movie scary, its all about the build up and scenery. * both classics btw.

Two different types of horrors...Of course this has nothing on a movie like "The Shining" or "Psycho"...Still a good movie though.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 01:36:45 PM »

Two different types of horrors...Of course this has nothing on a movie like "The Shining" or "Psycho"...Still a good movie though.
the problem is to have movie makers stop doing sequels and prequels...and stop making lame story...need something more common sense type.
I'm tired to see girls dying in bathroom when they know there was a killer in the bathroom..those type of movies bores me.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »
^^Well, it's not like there was no point in this movie... it filled in and explained a lot of shit we didn't know about the Leatherface character and his legacy...PeACe