Author Topic: How about that michael vick  (Read 433 times)

WC Iz Active

Re: How about that michael vick
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:56 PM »
First off, super bowls don't measure how great a player is individually, winning is a TEAM effort and Mannings team has never backed him up in those games. In the last one it made me sick to watch how little support Manning has recieved from his team.

But its good to know by your reasoning that Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino

Hahaha I know title's dont determine individual greatness, my fav athlete ever is Barry Bonds and I know how amazing, legendary, and dominant he is and he doesnt have a title.  Problem is Manning and Brady play the same position so the fact that 1 of them has 3 titles and the other has none is HUGE.  Yes The Colts defense isnt close to the Pats defense, but did Brady have all the amazing weapons that Peyton has NOPE, so everything equals out and you are left with Manning = 0 titles and  Brady = 3 titles,  Brady > Manning.  Im sorry but Manning is the qb that threw 4 picks in the playoff game against the Pats in the past, Brady never makes those mistakes when the game is on the line, I win later man.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 03:54:02 PM by Spice Cali'z Finest »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 03:52:58 PM »
give Manning a Dfence like the Pats have and lets see how many rings Manning would have.
Okay, and give Brady some Wr's like Harrison and Wayne, and the Colts Defense was ranked in the top 5 last year so youre point is irrelevant.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »
First off, super bowls don't measure how great a player is individually, winning is a TEAM effort and Mannings team has never backed him up in those games. In the last one it made me sick to watch how little support Manning has recieved from his team.

But its good to know by your reasoning that Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino

Hahaha I know title's dont determine individual greatness, my fav athlete ever is Barry Bonds and I know how amazing, legendary, and dominant he is and he doesnt have a title.  Problem is Manning and Brady play the same position so the fact that 1 of them has 3 titles and the other has none is HUGE.  Yes The Colts defense isnt close to the Pats defense, but did Brady have all the amazing weapons that Peyton has NOPE, so everything equals out and you are left with Manning = 0 titles and  Brady = 3 titles,  Brady > Manning.  Im sorry but Manning is the qb that threw 4 picks in the playoff game against the Pats in the past, Brady never makes those mistakes when the game is on the line, I win later man.
On Point. I cant believe that people are even arguing this. And Dan Marino was better then Joe Montana. And yes Super Bowls in Football do matter when it comes to the QB position you are the leader of that team the ball is in YOURE HANDS! Brady was the best player on his team during all the superbowls so it does count, it wasnt like Trent Dilfer who just didnt make mistakes and won with the Ravens. And if Manning played A great game in the playoffs and his team still loses then Theres nothing he can do, but he contributes to the Losses as much as anyone! Everytime the Colts get knocked out he throws 2 picks or more, last year he blamed it on the O-Line. He audibles so damn much, which isnt necesary so of course there are gonna be some false starts and confusion in routes at times. Maybe he should just run the play, quit crying and stop throwing picks! You cant deny the fact that every loss in the playoffs he has thrown INTS! Disprove that Fact.

The Best of 3 Worlds

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »

Um no, go look at their stat pages. I don't see super bowl wins any where on there. Peytons been great before he got all those weapons. I don't know why i'm repeating this but SUPER BOWLS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO INDIVIDUAL COMPARISONS. You CAN NOT use that as a reason for one player being better than another. Give Peyton the Pats D and Brady the Colts D and Peyton has 3 Super Bowls (at the very least). Maybe you don't watch the games, but when I watch Peyton play, I realize that he could make ME a 1,000 yard reciever. He hits these guys in the chest with the ball almost every time, its like the recievers don't even have to put any effort into it.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 04:14:59 PM »

He audibles so damn much, which isnt necesary so of course there are gonna be some false starts and confusion in routes at times.

Within the design of the colts offense it IS necessary lmao. The whole offense is designed around giving Peyton options because Peyton CAN READ DEFENSES and 9 times out of 10 hes right.

And yes, in all the losses Peyton has thrown INTs, but guess what, Brady has thrown INTs in the playoffs before, but he has a defense that he can fall back on, Peyton never has had a D like that, one mistake and it might as well be over right then. Hell, not all INTs can even be attributed to the QB, and if Peyton actually said his O-Line failed on him, its probably fucking true. Peyton isn't god damn T.O., he never talks shit about anyone, much less his own team mates.Peyton has also had some huge playoff games, and in the NFL every playoff game is a huge game.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 04:15:30 PM »

Um no, go look at their stat pages. I don't see super bowl wins any where on there. Peytons been great before he got all those weapons. I don't know why i'm repeating this but SUPER BOWLS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO INDIVIDUAL COMPARISONS. You CAN NOT use that as a reason for one player being better than another. Give Peyton the Pats D and Brady the Colts D and Peyton has 3 Super Bowls (at the very least). Maybe you don't watch the games, but when I watch Peyton play, I realize that he could make ME a 1,000 yard reciever. He hits these guys in the chest with the ball almost every time, its like the recievers don't even have to put any effort into it.

Yeah Peyton is great, we know that!!!!!! How can you say winning SuperBowls "SUPER BOWLS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO INDIVIDUAL COMPARISONS" thats so stupid. It means youre clutch man. he doesnt throw interceptions in big games and cause his team games man. Are you serious? Tom Brady picks apart defenses as well as Peyton too with recievers that have half the Talent, you keep talking about the Pats Defense but you dont mention there AVERAGE WR's. While Peyton has 2 Pro Bowl Wr's a great 3 WR in Stokely and until this year had a GREAT RB!  Did you not watch MNF last night? Brady was incredible? did you not see him in 3 Super Bowls. and Last year the Colts D was MUCH better then the Pats and Manning still choked. bring a stronger argument. and it doesnt matter that Duncan has 3 titles right? because Garnett Avg's more points. Get the fuck outta here dude.

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »
Bullshit man, Brady doesnt make as many mistakes as Peyton in the playoffs, and he doesnt just rely on the defense to bail him out that is absurd, Brady has been amazingly clutch in those games, you're absurd man

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 04:20:55 PM »

Yeah Peyton is great, we know that!!!!!! How can you say winning SuperBowls "SUPER BOWLS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO INDIVIDUAL COMPARISONS" thats so stupid. It means youre clutch man. he doesnt throw interceptions in big games and cause his team games man. Are you serious? Tom Brady picks apart defenses as well as Peyton too with recievers that have the Talent you keep talking about the Pats Defense but you dont mention there AVERAGE WR's. While Peyton has 2 Pro Bowl Wr's a great 3 WR in Stokely and until this year had a GREAT RB!  Did you not watch MNF last night? Brady was incredible? did you not see him in 3 Super Bowls. and Last year the Colts D was MUCH better then the Pats and Manning still choked. bring a stronger argument. and it doesnt matter that Duncan has 3 titles right? because Garnett Avg's more points. Get the fuck outta here dude.

We're talking about individual fucking players here, one player CAN NOT win a super bowl, the WHOLE TEAM needs to execute the way they should to win a super bowl, and the Colts have never done that. I don't give a fuck who has more super bowls because Peyton is the BETTER PLAYER. Every fucking player has bad games, Peyton has put up huge performances in the playoffs just like he has put up bad games, last year I believe it was out of his hands, watching that team made me sick to my stomach. Peyton Manning is a QB than Tom Brady.

And when has Garnett had a team of the same quality as Duncan? Never, once again, championships are a team effort, not just 1 player.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »
^^Dude u don't get it! Manning didnt play real good in all those playoff losses he contributed to the losses as much if not more than anyone else. And he is so quick to point the finger never takes the blame himself, he is no leader like Brady is, you're arguments are getting worse and worse.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2006, 04:23:28 PM »

He audibles so damn much, which isnt necesary so of course there are gonna be some false starts and confusion in routes at times.

Within the design of the colts offense it IS necessary lmao. The whole offense is designed around giving Peyton options because Peyton CAN READ DEFENSES and 9 times out of 10 hes right.

And yes, in all the losses Peyton has thrown INTs, but guess what, Brady has thrown INTs in the playoffs before, but he has a defense that he can fall back on, Peyton never has had a D like that, one mistake and it might as well be over right then. Hell, not all INTs can even be attributed to the QB, and if Peyton actually said his O-Line failed on him, its probably fucking true. Peyton isn't god damn T.O., he never talks shit about anyone, much less his own team mates.Peyton has also had some huge playoff games, and in the NFL every playoff game is a huge game.

Dude are check the stats the Colts Defense last year was one of the tops in the league. Brady is a better Leader bottom line. you must be a colts fan...

The Best of 3 Worlds

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006, 04:23:35 PM »
Bullshit man, Brady doesnt make as many mistakes as Peyton in the playoffs, and he doesnt just rely on the defense to bail him out that is absurd, Brady has been amazingly clutch in those games, you're absurd man

I never said Brad yonly relies on his defense. Having a great defense can do wonders for an offense, because they can be more comfortable out there and they don't have to feel they have to be perfect or they're gonna lose. Sometimes you can tell Peyton is trying to be perfect out there because he knows his defense isn't there to back him up. Tom Brady is a great player, but the fact of the matter is he has always had a better team than Peyton. On an individual stage, Peyton > Brady.

It happens in baseball too, a pitcher tries to be too precise and fucks everything up.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »

Dude are check the stats the Colts Defense last year was one of the tops in the league. Brady is a better Leader bottom line. you must be a colts fan...

Actually i'm not a Colts fan lol. If Peyton chokes, then the Colts D chokes just as much as Peyton, because i've never seen them do shit against the Pats in the playoffs either. Peyton is basically the Colts Offensive Coordinator, almost led them to a perfect season last year, has them at a perfect right now with no running game, give him some fucking credit, hes a great leader as well. If Tom Brady is a better leader, Peyton is still a better player.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »
i have to go to work when i get back im back to prove my point

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 04:27:45 PM »
I give Manning all the credit in the world he is a amazing player but Brady is better thats all.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 04:29:05 PM »
I give Manning all the credit in the world he is a amazing player but Brady is better thats all.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, because Peyton IMO is the better player and nothing anyone can say (i've heard it all before) will ever change that.