Author Topic: 108-66  (Read 429 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: 108-66
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 12:06:59 PM »
Heat weren't even a top 5 team last year

Uhh they actually won the championship so that means they were number 1

I know they won the championship, that's my point, they were the worst team to ever win a title IMO... not even top 5 material.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 12:11:39 PM »
If I was Riley I wouldn't try to keep Shaq in the starting 5 until he retires. I'd put him in in the 4th quarter, when he can come in fresh and all other players are already rather tired. Keepin him in throughout the game is nonsense.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rik

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 12:12:56 PM »
If I was Riley I wouldn't try to keep Shaq in the starting 5 until he retires. I'd put him in in the 4th quarter, when he can come in fresh and all other players are already rather tired. Keepin him in throughout the game is nonsense.

You think that selfish prick Shaq would go for it? Hell naw.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
so how long is shaq's contract? isnt it like this season + 3 more seasons? lol, that's ridiculous.
No, it's not a sin

rik

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »
so how long is shaq's contract? isnt it like this season + 3 more seasons? lol, that's ridiculous.

Something like that, and for a whole lot of money. That is why we traded him, cus he wasn't goin to take a pay cut and wanted a long contract.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 12:19:15 PM »
Including this season he is signed for 4 more years (through 2009-10) and will be making $20 million dollars a year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 12:34:09 PM »
LMAO. Thank GOD we traded Shaq...We got Odom, Kwame, Bynum, Farmar, Proftit + millions and millions in luxury tax savings from it...Now it's looking like one of the more lopsided trades in NBA history to the Lakers' advantage...Not what the media originally told us though. ::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »
Well, it's not like Miami didnt get what they wanted out of that trade tho. They wanted their first fucking championship, and they got it. Let's not pretend their franchise would have seriously contended anytime soon without that trade. Without Shaq, no Payton, no Walker, prolly no Mourning etc...
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 12:42:34 PM »
Well, it's not like Miami didnt get what they wanted out of that trade tho. They wanted their first fucking championship, and they got it. Let's not pretend their franchise would have seriously contended anytime soon without that trade. Without Shaq, no Payton, no Walker, prolly no Mourning etc...

Dude, they killed their whole future...They were already close to contending in WADE'S ROOKIE SEASON! Imagine if they woulda' kept Lamar, Butler, and all...They'd have a WAY better nucleus right now and they'd be a better team today.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »

Dude, they killed their whole future...They were already close to contending in WADE'S ROOKIE SEASON! Imagine if they woulda' kept Lamar, Butler, and all...They'd have a WAY better nucleus right now and they'd be a better team today.
Yeah, but they ditched there building for the future philosophy and decided to take Shaq and focus on right now. It made sence at the time too. They should of seen this coming.

rik

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 12:50:18 PM »

I agree with both of you. They did get what they wanted, but like NIK said thier future doesn't look as bright as it could have. They had Lamar who was playing great ball in Miami. They had Butler who's a good player, E Jones was there and still would be if Shaq did get him traded. So the Heat would have contended either way.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

Yeah, but they ditched there building for the future philosophy and decided to take Shaq and focus on right now. It made sence at the time too. They should of seen this coming.

They are SOOOOOOO lucky the refs helped them win the title last season, all that does is clouds peoples judgement on what a terrible trade it actually was...If they woulda' lost, like they were supposed to, Shaq's and Pat Riley's legacy would have been deservingly tainted.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »

They are SOOOOOOO lucky the refs helped them win the title last season, all that does is clouds peoples judgement on what a terrible trade it actually was...If they woulda' lost, like they were supposed to, Shaq's and Pat Riley's legacy would have been deservingly tainted.
Don't worry. When the Lakers win it all this year (Rik knows what's up) people will question who got the better of the trade. ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 06:30:42 PM »
I guess Chicago ain't THAT great, the Heat just suck...Bulls about to lose to the Magic...PeACe

rik

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 07:15:57 PM »

Don't worry. When the Lakers win it all this year (Rik knows what's up) people will question who got the better of the trade. ;D

haha.  8)