Author Topic: Nas - Hip Hop is dead *Jrome has got that piff*  (Read 557 times)

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas - Hip Hop is dead *Jrome has got that piff*
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 03:20:09 PM »
Wow!!! Great song!

Haven't you remarked, that Hip Hop is Dead uses the same samples Made You Look and Thief's Theme - both street singles - used?

J Bananas

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 04:11:08 PM »
great song. why the fuck did he use the same song twice though?

herpes

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 07:38:52 PM »
i saw it in a XXL article or xxl online i think.  I forgot what he said exactly, but he said it had something do with sampling.  How with the new sampling laws no one samples anymore.  But hip hop is dead isnt exactly a sample like it was on thiefs theme.  If I can find the article i'll post it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 01:07:11 PM »
i saw it in a XXL article or xxl online i think.  I forgot what he said exactly, but he said it had something do with sampling.  How with the new sampling laws no one samples anymore.  But hip hop is dead isnt exactly a sample like it was on thiefs theme.  If I can find the article i'll post it.

I think I know what you're talking about.  He talked about how difficult and time consuming it is to clear samples these days.  The guitar lick on the song is not an actual sample.  They got Lenny Kravitz to play it live in the studio.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 01:37:03 PM »

I think I know what you're talking about.  He talked about how difficult and time consuming it is to clear samples these days.  The guitar lick on the song is not an actual sample.  They got Lenny Kravitz to play it live in the studio.

That's tight
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
so now for the next 10 years nas is gonna use that lenny sample because sampling has become so difficult? lol.......
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »
^yeah really

if thats true nas is a contradictory bitch that is the worst excuse ive ever heard. he's too lazy to find a better sample so he just uses the same one for two singles? if hip hop aint dead yet he's helping kill it. lazy negro needs to hit me up so i can give him some beats

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 04:53:29 PM »

why does this album sound like such a gimmick to me?

AndrE16686

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 11:28:44 PM »
that track was OK, dope lyrics again, shame about the beat, I like Thief's Theme better.