Author Topic: XXL Reviews "The Blue Carpet Treatment"  (Read 1108 times)

wcsoldier

Re: XXL Reviews "The Blue Carpet Treatment"
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 01:07:34 PM »
One thing is sure: the "back to the gangsta roots" was BS .. Akon, Ne-Yo, Brandy, Jamie Foxx WTF ?? I like Snoop music , this album will contain bangers 4 sure but you can't deny he has sold out

I.B. BLVD

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »
I know this album will be sick. probley alot better then R&G.

"Urban Life Near The Beach"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 02:16:48 PM »
Interesting review. As always I'll give it a fair listen, but after hearing his last 2 albums - my hopes aren't very high for this one.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 04:17:29 PM »
I know this album will be sick. probley alot better then R&G.

it better be RnG was shit. I'm feelin the only tracks i've heard from it so far though (Vato, Gangbangin 101)

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »
i dont know why people try to compare snoop albums.. they have different purposes..

unlike some artists, snoop is trying to create doggystyle part 2, 3,4,5, etc.. he is trying to explore different musical sounds..

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 07:06:58 PM »

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 01:04:35 AM »
i dont know why people try to compare snoop albums.. they have different purposes..

unlike some artists, snoop is trying to create doggystyle part 2, 3,4,5, etc.. he is trying to explore different musical sounds..

Word...Somebody not hating on Snoop........I mean so what if he has Ne-Yo, Brandi etc on it? These songs can still bang and might be surprisingly dope.......Don't have to have his crip homies for it to be gangsta......

Man, If you a real Snoop fan, you will realise that he hasn't put out a wack record......R&G has some made tracks with hard bass line beats...todays sound...Shit Even Da Game is to be sold & not told is dope apart from No limit artists.....That album has one of his best RnB tracks - Meech Wells & Snoop co production D.o.gs get lonely too.......True RnB song not RnB you hear on the radio....But tracks like that get over looked.......and shit even Snoop with Justin Timberlake....I mean I aint big on Timberlake, and I didn't like the sound of them two collaborating, but the track, although may not be gangsta or his best, but wasn't that bad...

If he stuck to his Doggystyle route....Maybe he wouldn't be as big as he is, because artists have to keep re-inventing themselves....(Just Look at LL for example..or even Dr Dre......Detox he has to re-invent himself once again) Snoop always experiments with his sound and most of the time works for him....he does have a good ear for music which is why he is so big...

Anyways, we'll see what everyone says in two weeks when Snoop drops (and/or gets leaked)....

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 01:27:03 AM »
yeah people didn't like pharell on vato when snoop put b-real on this one people wanted pharell
people didn't like the cartoon cover when he chaneged people want cartoon cover
people don't know what they want 8)

BL7

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 01:32:15 AM »
yeah people didn't like pharell on vato when snoop put b-real on this one people wanted pharell
people didn't like the cartoon cover when he chaneged people want cartoon cover
people don't know what they want 8)

Yep. Bottom line.

wcsoldier

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 01:42:03 AM »

Word...Somebody not hating on Snoop........I mean so what if he has Ne-Yo, Brandi etc on it? These songs can still bang and might be surprisingly dope.......Don't have to have his crip homies for it to be gangsta......

Man, If you a real Snoop fan, you will realise that he hasn't put out a wack record......R&G has some made tracks with hard bass line beats...todays sound...Shit Even Da Game is to be sold & not told is dope apart from No limit artists.....That album has one of his best RnB tracks - Meech Wells & Snoop co production D.o.gs get lonely too.......True RnB song not RnB you hear on the radio....But tracks like that get over looked.......and shit even Snoop with Justin Timberlake....I mean I aint big on Timberlake, and I didn't like the sound of them two collaborating, but the track, although may not be gangsta or his best, but wasn't that bad...

If he stuck to his Doggystyle route....Maybe he wouldn't be as big as he is, because artists have to keep re-inventing themselves....(Just Look at LL for example..or even Dr Dre......Detox he has to re-invent himself once again) Snoop always experiments with his sound and most of the time works for him....he does have a good ear for music which is why he is so big...

Anyways, we'll see what everyone says in two weeks when Snoop drops (and/or gets leaked)....
LOL at Snoop never dropped a wack record... and for the innovative sound argument, there is a huge difference between making new things, having a whole new sound and making watered down shit with the Pussycat Dolls ect

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 11:32:51 AM »
This should be leakin' in a few days I think. The keys played on "Boss's Life" is interesting, a bit differrent of a melody, but the drums are bangin' (kinda like the snare for "Get You Some" ).