Author Topic: Gucci Mane´s "Hard To Kill" Surpasses Debut Album  (Read 78 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Gucci Mane´s "Hard To Kill" Surpasses Debut Album
« on: November 03, 2006, 07:13:20 AM »
Big Cat Records and Tommy Boy Entertainment scores No. 4 Indie Album this week beating Gucci Mane’s debut results! “Hard to Kill” came out of nowhere to enter the Top 4 on the Independent Album chart this week. With a very short lead time in the glutted 4th quarter, Big Cat and Tommy Boy have managed to position Gucci Mane in the No. 6 position on the Nielson Soundscan Core Rap Chart.

Gucci describes his music as a depiction of being trapped in the hood trying to come up. “I named the project, “Hard to Kill” because it’s my definition of all the drama that has surrounded my life and my career and still being able to pull through it all. Now I’m back, “Hard To Kill!!!”

Marlon “Big Cat” Rowe says “This shows it is possible for a real independent label to deliver serious sales in a troubled market.”

Tom Silverman, CEO of Tommy Boy Entertainment adds, “We worked closely and carefully with Big Cat Records in building the buzz and expanding the sales base for this release. By not over hyping the first week, we have been able to insure longer more consistent sales, lower returns and higher profits for the label.”

“Hard to Kill” -- features guest appearances by Mac Breezy, label mates Black Magic and Young Snead.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com