Author Topic: Who Are Your Teams?  (Read 1617 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Who Are Your Teams?
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »
The score thing is not a valid argument... I like B-Ball to death, but watching a 115-70 blowout is nothing to be happy... and you can have a great game in football finishing 0-0... why everybody bitchin about sports they like or not.. I if I don't like, I don't care

Good point.

The score doesn't precisely measure how entertaining a game is.

The other night Arsenal drew 0-0 in the CL and it was a very entertaining game.

I've watched some games wth 5, 6, 7 goals and been bored to death.

Just because it is high-scoring doesn't mean it's exciting.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:07:26 AM by Mac 10 »
NO MORE WAR

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2006, 11:50:19 AM »
I cant belive anyone would try and say NFL is more skillful than football, it is actualy beyond belief.

NFL = Run, Catch,Throw+ Kick (occasionally while someone holds the ball for you and no1 is within 10 yards of you. haha!) Sorry can someone help me out here? Oh wait, yeah, lets stop the game completely after every play. BoOOOOOOORIIIIIING.

SOme of the best football games iv ever seen have been 0 - 0. (See Celtic vs Barcelona in the Nou Camp)

And lets not talk about fans, Like Antonio said, Napoli in the third tier of italian football, whats the equivalent of that, McMahons xfl or sumthin? lol 90, 000 people every second week. Does the superbowl get that? Oh but wait, millions watch it on tv. So fuckin what, there the same people that only watch the nba finals, or the world series, not fans just people who like big occasions.

And NIK can you even name me 20 players who play basketball in Europe who have never Played against usa/played in NBA? Only a minority worldwide give a fuck about ne other sport than football.

^^It's bigger worldwide because it came first and Europeans identify with it more (it's easier for them to play, since it's A LOT less physical), not because it's a better sport... ::)

No its a better sport, otherwise NBA, NFL would be played globally. Are you saying Football is less physical than basketball? I ahrdly think so. And you keep saying how its only little girls n shit that like football, but all you yanks were wetting your pants with excitement in 94 when the world cup was there.

And stop hitting the diss button you faggot.

The crowds at the world cup were bigger than NBA finals and the Superbowl.

NBA IS played globally, you fuckin moron...And Europeans are not built to play a game like football.

PS -1 for claiming I dissed you when I don't give a shit about you and don't even know who you are.

Oh im hurt, KOBE with 20, 000 posts on an internet forum doesnt know who i am.

Also football players like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Platini, Dalglish have more skill in one foot than any NFL/NBA/MLB player, that is an undeniable fact.

LOL! football takes the most STRATEGY, BALLS, AND INTENSITY MORE THEN ANY OTHER SPORT!!!!! And Id like to see one of these Soccer Players run a slant route across the middle and get there head knocked off. Fuck outta here. And i dont care if NOBODY Across the world cares about NFL Football..I LIVE IN AMERICA! Thats what matters to me. and in America SOCCER AINT SHIT...Americans are the biggest and strongest thats why AMERICAN FOOTBALL Is NUMBER 1! Soccer Takes NO BALLS at all! And you can argue about Skill all day..

The Best of 3 Worlds

wcsoldier

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2006, 12:01:07 PM »
Sorry but I have to laugh... some believing Soccer ain't physical ....

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »
There is one talented player in an american football team - the quarter-back.

Quarter-backs have to be able to throw pin-point passes sometimes over 100 yards or whatever - that requires talent.

You might argue about wide-receivers, but all they need to do is run as fast as they can into space - the quarter-back gets the ball to THEM.

The rest of the team are really strong, massive, physical athletes.  But you can't actually believe they are talented.  All they do is stand in the way and try and block people off the whole game.

Footballers on the other hand, every position requires a certain amount of technical attributes.

In a great football team, every single player will be talented in their own way.  The same can't be said for american football.
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2006, 01:34:48 PM »
For anyone who thinks football isn't physical

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B-7lkAZeVc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7B-7lkAZeVc</a>    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yDLyZ5VJcc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2yDLyZ5VJcc</a>

From the 1st video - the guy injured at 2:00 was hospitalised, the guy injured at 3:30 never played again.

From the 2nd video - the violence speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 01:38:25 PM by Mac 10 »
NO MORE WAR

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2006, 01:45:27 PM »
There is one talented player in an american football team - the quarter-back.

Quarter-backs have to be able to throw pin-point passes sometimes over 100 yards or whatever - that requires talent.

You might argue about wide-receivers, but all they need to do is run as fast as they can into space - the quarter-back gets the ball to THEM.

The rest of the team are really strong, massive, physical athletes.  But you can't actually believe they are talented.  All they do is stand in the way and try and block people off the whole game.

Footballers on the other hand, every position requires a certain amount of technical attributes.

In a great football team, every single player will be talented in their own way.  The same can't be said for american football.

+1

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2006, 02:07:50 PM »
There is a lot more contact outside the field:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjCmb3Y90Pw&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yjCmb3Y90Pw&amp;autoplay=0</a>

And this is why you only support 1 team.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 02:38:31 PM by Gimme Punani »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2006, 02:27:38 PM »
Why are you autoplaying 2 videos?

One of which I posted on the previous page!
NO MORE WAR

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2006, 02:37:14 PM »
lol i didnt check the previous page.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
For anyone who thinks football isn't physical

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7B-7lkAZeVc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7B-7lkAZeVc</a>    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yDLyZ5VJcc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2yDLyZ5VJcc</a>

From the 1st video - the guy injured at 2:00 was hospitalised, the guy injured at 3:30 never played again.

From the 2nd video - the violence speaks for itself.

I never said SOCCER wasnt physical i said it isnt as Phsyical as American Football, and if you think it is you need a cat scan. And to say that there is only 1 talented athlete in football is the most ridicolous thing i have ever heard in my fuckin life.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2006, 06:05:58 PM »
^^It's bigger worldwide because it came first and Europeans identify with it more (it's easier for them to play, since it's A LOT less physical), not because it's a better sport... ::)

No its a better sport, otherwise NBA, NFL would be played globally. Are you saying Football is less physical than basketball? I ahrdly think so. And you keep saying how its only little girls n shit that like football, but all you yanks were wetting your pants with excitement in 94 when the world cup was there.

i'm sorry anysport with score like1-0 is a whack sport IMO

Wait a minute. Arent you English?

lol no

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2006, 06:14:53 PM »

NBA IS played globally, you fuckin moron...And Europeans are not built to play a game like football.

PS -1 for claiming I dissed you when I don't give a shit about you and don't even know who you are.

LOL, you funny NIK. So youre saying in Europe there only live little small, thin people who would break it they played american football....

And youre saying football is easier to play? lol, football is a lot more difficult then american football. With american football you keep a bal in your hands, so its easier cuz your a lot better with your hands. But with football you play with your feet, and controlling something with your feet is a lot harder then controlling something with your hands.

Steal a football from your little sister, and try to do this:

It looks easy, but you have to have some real technique to do this.

people without arms can drive stick shift cars and trucks, just because american football you use your hands more doesn't make it less difficult. it's not like. point being anyone who trains a part of their body will excell with that. try being a wide receiver for an NFL team trying to run 40 yards down field as fast as you can and feeling where the football is going to land with all of your senses (excluding site sometimes mind you) catching the ball AND HOLDING ON TO IT while 2 maybe three guys who can run just as fast as you hit you with as much force as a Ford f350. then getting back up and doing it for 3 more hours. OR swating being able to drag down a 235 lb tank with one hand ......

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »

That's because you have an attention span which can only be measured in nano-seconds.

A sport like basketball entertains you so much because you are becoming excited practically every 20 seconds.

Whereas we have a thing called patience, we can sit and watch a game for 90mins with maybe 10-15 seconds of great excitement and go home happy.

so wait...let me get this straight, you euros are accusing americans of having short attention spans for liking basketball , but condone our football becuase there's too many breaks AND our pastime baseball because it moves too slow?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2006, 06:41:03 PM »

Whats the difference, 96-95 is the same as 1-0 in theory, its harder to score in football, but that doesn't make it worse, because all of the general play goes into creating those chances to get the deciding goal.

On the skill side of things, it's very subjective, but apart from a quarterback, who else in an NFL team actually has any creative say in the game, no-one, all of the other attacking positions are basically about people because faster and stronger than their opponents because all they are doing is running, with or without the ball.

so you mean to tell me ray lewis is just aimlessly running around on the field, you mean to tell me that lofa tatupu just runs forward and just tries to knock a random guy down, you mean to tell me that larry allen just sits there in fron of the quarter back , you mean to tell me that tiki barber just runs around the fileld with no general direction. randy moss , terrell owens, and andre johnson just run aimlessly around the field ? ed reed just sits in the back field waiting for someone with the ball to get near him?

dude rent madden sometime and study some of those plays. there are audibles that occur in real time , both defensively and offensively, our football is very intellectual MORE intellectual than any physical sport out there.

In football there are infinitely more possiblities when attacking, controlling a ball with your feet and going past people has as much to do with the skill of manipulating the ball as it does the physical attributes of the player.

tomilson does that EVERYweek, barry sanders did that for 10 years, Jerry Rice did that for 20 years, every offensive weapon in our football does that, check out some reggie bush highlights from USC and how he manipulates the ball (he doesn't just always run with it under his arm) to get past a defender or to gain extra yards

If you took one person ideally built for American Football who'd never played it before, they could do the majority of the running and defensive game to a passable level and get by. You try doing the same with football and the person will be useless because they won't be able to keep control of the ball properly or have the technique to pass or shoot the ball properly. It would take a lot of more coaching to get them to a passable level.

and you're basing that off of....??  let me tell you one thing, it takes a lot more than just physical build to play football, you actually have to have some kind of talent to play ALL of the posistions, you don't just go get 6'4 300 lb dude to go block for you in the trench or a 6'2 276 lb guy to go in as a right or left defensive end. like i said before these 300 lb mamoths ARE huge but they're fast, and have to coordinate traps and holes for backs to run through. if football was so easy there wouldn't be a need for a coaching STAFF. the head coach would be able to do it all

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »

That's because you have an attention span which can only be measured in nano-seconds.

A sport like basketball entertains you so much because you are becoming excited practically every 20 seconds.

Whereas we have a thing called patience, we can sit and watch a game for 90mins with maybe 10-15 seconds of great excitement and go home happy.

so wait...let me get this straight, you euros are accusing americans of having short attention spans for liking basketball , but condone our football becuase there's too many breaks AND our pastime baseball because it moves too slow?

What are you blabbering about? Who said we condone american rugby because of breaks? That is posibly the most annoying part. There is a huge difference betwen playing a patient game of football and stopping the game every, what, minute?

The Maestro