Author Topic: NBA Rookie Rankings 11/6/06...JORDAN FARMAR RANKED #7!!!  (Read 959 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: NBA Rookie Rankings 11/6/06...JORDAN FARMAR RANKED #7!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 02:22:36 PM »
yeah it's mark jackson i think

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 02:23:29 PM »
1987-88 - Mark Jackson, New York Knicks
1988-89 - Mitch Richmond, Golden State Warriors
1989-90 - David Robinson², San Antonio Spurs
1990-91 - Derrick Coleman², New Jersey Nets
1991-92 - Larry Johnson², Charlotte Hornets
1992-93 - Shaquille O'Neal², Orlando Magic
1993-94 - Chris Webber², Golden State Warriors
1994-95 - (tie) Grant Hill, Detroit Pistons ; Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks
1995-96 - Damon Stoudamire, Toronto Raptors
1996-97 - Allen Iverson², Philadelphia 76ers
1997-98 - Tim Duncan², San Antonio Spurs
1998-99 - Vince Carter, Toronto Raptors
1999-00 - (tie) Elton Brand², Chicago Bulls ; Steve Francis, Houston Rockets
2000-01 - Mike Miller, Orlando Magic
2001-02 - Pau Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies
2002-03 - Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix Suns
2003-04 - LeBron James², Cleveland Cavaliers
2004-05 - Emeka Okafor, Charlotte Bobcats
2005-06 - Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »
1. Brandon Roy, G, Portland
2. Rudy Gay, F, Memphis
3. Adam Morrison, F, Charlotte
4. Craig Smith, F, Minnesota
5. Thabo Sefolosha, G, Chicago
6. Rajon Rondo, G, Boston
7. Jordan Farmar, G, L.A. Lakers
8. Marcus Williams, G, New Jersey
9. Tyrus Thomas, F, Chicago
10. Jorge Garbajosa, F, Toronto

http://www.nba.com/rookies/rankings.html

Thank you Shaq!

LOL, you're Shaq's #1 fan.  But don't worry, I'm sure he's thanking the Lakers for his 4th ring.  So everybody's happy right?

He should thank Wade and the refs for that... :-X 8)

So Shaq deserves no credit huh?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »
2. Rudy Gay, F, Memphis

Thank you Shaq!

LOL, you're Shaq's #1 fan.  But don't worry, I'm sure he's thanking the Lakers for his 4th ring.  So everybody's happy right?

Just about as much as Alonzo Mourning and Antoine Walker... ::)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 10:56:51 PM »
Lets not get off Topic People... ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 06:26:50 PM »
2. Rudy Gay, F, Memphis

Thank you Shaq!

LOL, you're a trip man.  Honestly, how bad does it KILL you that Shaq got that 4th ring without Kobe?  Zo had some CRUCIAL blocks in the finals, GP was clutch, hell Shaq even knocked down some FTs when it mattered.  It's not always about who's scoring the most points or who gets bad ass dunk over somebody.  It's about the W's.  Who gives a fuck that he's not the best player on his team?  Is there anybody arguing that Shaq is a fraction of the player he used to be?  Fuck no.  He was basically unstoppable for a decade but he's nowhere near that now.  But he still knows how to win and every team he's played on has either won a championship or been to the finals even the fucking Magic.  But I'm sure that was due to Penny, Nick Anderson, and Dennis Scott cuz god knows those guys all went on to have fantastic careers without Shaq ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 01:44:19 AM »
2. Rudy Gay, F, Memphis

Thank you Shaq!

LOL, you're a trip man.  Honestly, how bad does it KILL you that Shaq got that 4th ring without Kobe?  Zo had some CRUCIAL blocks in the finals, GP was clutch, hell Shaq even knocked down some FTs when it mattered.  It's not always about who's scoring the most points or who gets bad ass dunk over somebody.  It's about the W's.  Who gives a fuck that he's not the best player on his team?  Is there anybody arguing that Shaq is a fraction of the player he used to be?  Fuck no.  He was basically unstoppable for a decade but he's nowhere near that now.  But he still knows how to win and every team he's played on has either won a championship or been to the finals even the fucking Magic.  But I'm sure that was due to Penny, Nick Anderson, and Dennis Scott cuz god knows those guys all went on to have fantastic careers without Shaq ::)

Yea, like Shaq hasn't been on a weak team ::)...And Penny Hardaway was actually BETTER without Shaq before his injury... Nothing pains me, it's just blatantly obvious that Lakers made the right decision pickin Shaq over Kobe, considering the problem Shaq had with Kobe stealing his spotlight, and his ridiculously selfish salary demands...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 08:47:09 AM »
2. Rudy Gay, F, Memphis

Thank you Shaq!

Yea, like Shaq hasn't been on a weak team ::)...And Penny Hardaway was actually BETTER without Shaq before his injury... Nothing pains me, it's just blatantly obvious that Lakers made the right decision pickin Shaq over Kobe, considering the problem Shaq had with Kobe stealing his spotlight, and his ridiculously selfish salary demands...PeACe

Don't get me twisted, I completely understand that the Lakers wouldn't want to spend that kinda dough on a rapidly declining superstar.  They've got a ton of potential with the youth of Farmar and Bynum, a superstar in Kobe, and a legit all star in Odom.  I'm not trippin off that, but don't act like Shaq is a worthless piece of shit that doesn't contribute, and hasn't been either THE REASON or ARGUEABLY THE BIGGEST REASON for his teams successes.  That's so ridiculous that its really undebatable.  How many finals appearances / championships does Penny, Kobe, and Wade have without Shaq? ZERO.  He's the common denominator.  He might be a piece of shit asshole spotlight whore, but how anyone can honestly believe that he doesn't contribute is assinine.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 12:19:33 PM »
either THE REASON or ARGUEABLY THE BIGGEST REASON for his teams successes. 

Do you really believe this was the case with the Heat last season? If you do, just stop replying...Wade got to the 2nd round of the playoffs in his rookie season, you act like Shaq was the one to turn things around for him. ::)...It took Wade getting better and Shaq playing a lot less for the Heat to win a championship. And you don't really have a point, cuz Shaq hasn't won shit either without a superstar by his side to guide him...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »

Do you really believe this was the case with the Heat last season? If you do, just stop replying...Wade got to the 2nd round of the playoffs in his rookie season, you act like Shaq was the one to turn things around for him. ::)...It took Wade getting better and Shaq playing a lot less for the Heat to win a championship. And you don't really have a point, cuz Shaq hasn't won shit either without a superstar by his side to guide him...PeACe

Who hasnt? The only guys to win a title without another all star was RICK BARRY in the 70's with the Warriors. Hakeem Olajuown in 93-94 (94-95) he had Drexler, and Tim Duncan in 99 with the Spurs...THATS IT!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 06:55:22 PM »

Who hasnt? The only guys to win a title without another all star was RICK BARRY in the 70's with the Warriors. Hakeem Olajuown in 93-94 (94-95) he had Drexler, and Tim Duncan in 99 with the Spurs...THATS IT!

EXACTLY! But people are saying Kobe hasn't won shit etc. etc...That's because Kobe played on an expansion team of rookies! We've seen the awesome season he had, leading a roster with very little experience to almost upsetting a 2nd seed (1 rebound away). All-NBA 1st team, All-Defense 1st Team, scoring champ, 2nd highest point total ever (81), 63 in 3 quarters outscoring Dallas, top 10 steals...We still haven't seen what Kobe is capable of without Shaq, so I don't think it's fair to judge Kobe just yet, but Shaq DEFINITELY has been a lot worse without Kobe, yes, they won a championship, but come on, compare the rosters...Shaq wasn't just guided, he was pushed on a fucking wheelchair to that last ring...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 12:37:38 AM »
I'm fuckin twisted right now, so i'ma keep it brief.  NIK, you'll never be respected as a bball head because you're so biased towards your team.  If you were objective peeps would take your word for much more, but bottom line is you're a laker groupie.  sorry bruh, Shaq is always gonna be regarded as one of the elite players of the game.  His rings speak for themselves, his dominance speaks for itself, the success of the teams he plays for speaks for itself.  Hate it or love it, he's top 5 most dominant players over the last 15 years.  His name is mentioned up there with Wilt, Bill Russell, & Kareem and theres nothing you can do to discredit that.  Sorry.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 04:55:43 PM »
I never denied that he WAS one of the greatest centers ever, are you remedial? Please pay attention, you obviously don't know SHIT about basketball, Shaq has declined MASSIVELY (everyone knows this!) and was not the main reason Miami won a championship...Like Antonio posted, statistics showed the Heat were a much better team with Alonzo in the lineup than with Shaq...It has NOTHING to do with the Lakers, why do you even bring that gay shit up? it's like throwing up a weak ass floater and having it swatted to the other side of the court...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 06:25:59 PM »
I never denied that he WAS one of the greatest centers ever, are you remedial? Please pay attention, you obviously don't know SHIT about basketball, Shaq has declined MASSIVELY (everyone knows this!) and was not the main reason Miami won a championship...Like Antonio posted, statistics showed the Heat were a much better team with Alonzo in the lineup than with Shaq...It has NOTHING to do with the Lakers, why do you even bring that gay shit up? it's like throwing up a weak ass floater and having it swatted to the other side of the court...PeACe

Me, remedial?  You're the one who keeps arguing points that nobody is debating.  There's absolutely no doubt he's declined, which is why I said this:

Don't get me twisted, I completely understand that the Lakers wouldn't want to spend that kinda dough on a rapidly declining superstar

Maybe you should actually read my posts and you wouldn't look like a retard continually trying to argue something that no one is arguing. 

It has NOTHING to do with the Lakers, why do you even bring that gay shit up? it's like throwing up a weak ass floater and having it swatted to the other side of the court...PeACe

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! It has nothing to do with the LAKERS?  NEGRO PLEASE! Every fucking opinion you hold about basketball is because of your fuckin hard on for Kobe and the Lakers.  Shaq leaves LA and has another ring within 2 years.  But he has NOTHING to do with it, it's all because of Wade and the officiating.  It just so happened that Shaq was fortunate to have gone to the team that ended up winning ::)

Like Antonio posted, statistics showed the Heat were a much better team with Alonzo in the lineup than with Shaq...

Fuck, you really nailed that one.  What the fuck is Pat Riley doing then?  What an idiot he is for spending the money on Shaq, and even starting him and giving the majority of the minutes to him?  Jesus Christ fuckin Pat Riley needs to learn how to coach.  I don't even know how the guy's managed to hang around the NBA for all these years :tosser:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 09:12:10 PM »
^^LMAO, Pat Riley took on Shaq's contract in '04 cuz he felt desperate to obtain him, I'm sure he'd dump it now if he could, anyone in their right mind would... But you're too slow to understand this...Then you wonder why I call you remedial, I never said Shaq had NOTHING to do with the last championship, I just said he was just a fraction of the reason for it, and not a MAJOR fraction at that, (obviously, since they couldn't win it the year before when Shaq was better and getting more minutes, but the Heat had less fire-power...). So please make sense next time you reply to one of my great posts, unless you wanna feel stupid when it's all said and done...PeACe