Author Topic: Lil Scrappy Enlists Eminem, 50, Lil Jon For New LP  (Read 252 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lil Scrappy Enlists Eminem, 50, Lil Jon For New LP
« on: November 04, 2006, 10:54:26 AM »
Lil Scrappy has broken his upcoming album down into two parts: "half sorry, half party."

The rapper plans to expand beyond his crunk safety net on Bred 2 Die Born 2 Live, due December 5 on BME/ Reprise Records. He might have party experts Lil Jon and 50 Cent as co-executive producers on the project, but Scrappy also gets serious when discussing his experience growing up with a pimp mother and preacher father.

"It's crazy, 'cause you know, my mom, she's a hustler, and then my daddy — I'm with them all the time, so I got to go back and forth with feelings and everything," Scrappy said. "So that's how my life is. It's like a n---a is crazy.

"Like I told people when I first came out," he continued, "my first album is going to be some real sh--, real talk. It's going to have some crunk music on there, but it's also going to have some real music on there. I'm a rapper, so at the end of the day, what they get out of Jon, they not going to get out of me. The only thing that makes [my music] crunk is my live show."

A number of producers helped Scrappy shape Bred 2 Die Born 2 Live, including Jon, J.R. Rotem and even Eminem. The Em track addresses Scrappy's upbringing in depth and is one of the album's more personal numbers. The Shady Records CEO wasn't around during the recording of the song, so Scrappy and 50 collaborated to make the heartfelt material.

"I'm saying all my problems. I'm writing a letter to God," Scrappy said. "I know he doesn't have it out to hurt me. I'm smaller than him, but I just want to know: Why in the hell am I caught up? I'm just confused. My heart is confused. And I address that."

Scrappy's more playful side is on display in his lead single, "Money in the Bank," featuring fellow G-Unit cohort Young Buck. And if it's up to Scrappy, his next single will be just as uptempo, possibly the Jazze Pha-helmed "Touching Everything." He had previously filmed a second video for the Lil Jon-produced "Gangsta, Gangsta." But with such heavy material on the album, Scrappy explained he didn't want to veer off too far from what got him started in the first place. He also said his lighter side is as much a part of him as anything else.

"That's the real me, I like to do everything. I'm not just a crunk artist," the rapper said. "I'm not a dope boy, I'm not a killer, all that. I'm a boss. I'm a real n---a. I put the whole thing out there. The first album [an EP] just really let me tell everyone who Scrappy was, this is Scrappy. Y'all had a taste of Scrappy. But with this album, you can be full. It's the whole thing. You had your taste test, now you going eat some dinner."

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

kingwell

Re: Lil Scrappy Enlists Eminem, 50, Lil Jon For New LP
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »
Lil Jon got me
50 got me
I got a big ass family how you gon stop me
My shit gon sell
Your shit gon flop

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 01:44:32 AM »
I heard that Money It The Bank really blew up in USA. Dunno about this album, probably couple dope tracks but that'll probably it.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 03:47:59 AM »
scrappy sucks

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »
Lil Jon got me
50 got me
I got a big ass family how you gon stop me
My shit gon sell
Your shit gon flop

i'm going to buy this. Scrappys the shit. No Problems and Headbussa were the fuckin jams.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:16:50 PM »
"No Problems" was hot, "Money In the Back" is ASS
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Narrator

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 10:10:06 PM »
I heard that Money It The Bank really blew up in USA. Dunno about this album, probably couple dope tracks but that'll probably it.

I doubt it...I live in the South, and I haven't heard it getting much rotation down here.  "No Problem" is still a big anthem here in North Carolina, but "Money In The Bank" doesn't seem to be getting much play at all.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 11:55:18 PM »
i'll be checkin 4 this...i liked scrappy's jams he did with game...

We Fly High

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 12:00:01 AM »
videos getting a lot of play on bet and shit.

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 01:45:41 AM »
sounds like it's gonna be shit

Raphael

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 11:49:51 AM »
i saw money in the bank here in sweden  :puke: