Author Topic: BCS Standings  (Read 152 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
BCS Standings
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:00:21 PM »
1.Ohio State (0)
2. Michigan (0)
3. USC (+4)
4. Florida (0)
5. Notre Dame (+4)
6. Rutgers (+7)
7. Arkansas (+4)
8. West Virginia (+2)
9. Wisconsin (+6)
10 Louisville (-7)

Knocked off the top 10
Texas (-8)
Auburn (-8)
California (-7)

:o at Texas, Auburn, Rutgers, and Louisville.

What a crazy weekend. Great day to be a USC fan. ;D

WC Iz Active

Re: BCS Standings
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:03:31 PM »
Such a joke, SC isnt even close to a national championship team but I aint trippen I am sure they will lose at least one more game if not 2 the rest of the way but anyways theirs at least 7 or 8 teams that deserve the title game more then SC probably more than that.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 11:08:27 PM »
damn USC still has a shot at the title game with Mich and Ohio St. playing this weekend......

like Malik said A great day to be a USC fan.

btw i hope Mich shits on Ohio St. just because Real American was talking mad shit.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 11:21:25 PM »
btw i hope Mich shits on Ohio St. just because Real American was talking mad shit.
Same here (and for the same reason). But wouldn't the loser of the game have a chance at getting the #2 seed (I'm not the most knowledgable with BCS rankings)? If so I'd want Ohio to win to an inferior Michigan team.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 12:00:53 AM »
Ok I sounded a little to hard on SC, I give them credit cause of how many great players they lost from last season but I just dont think they are deserving enough to play in a championship this year.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 12:39:11 AM »
Ok I sounded a little to hard on SC, I give them credit cause of how many great players they lost from last season but I just dont think they are deserving enough to play in a championship this year.
Who cares HOW MANY PLAYERS THEY LOST! Ohio State lost NINE defensive starters from last year including an all american linebacking core and there defense is even better. The worst thing off all is a 1 loss Oh State is better then any other team in the nation of they were to lose Saturday. And a 1 loss Michigan might be better then any other 1 loss team...I predict Ohio State wins 31-17

The Best of 3 Worlds

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 06:19:29 PM »
Same here (and for the same reason). But wouldn't the loser of the game have a chance at getting the #2 seed (I'm not the most knowledgable with BCS rankings)? If so I'd want Ohio to win to an inferior Michigan team.

yeah on the other hand if Ohio shits on Mich i'm pretty sure #2 and #3 seeds would be pretty close between USC and Mich.  Hopefully USC can win the rest of their games.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 07:26:55 PM »
what happens when cal beats sc

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:51:48 AM »
what happens when cal beats sc

NOTHING! because Cal choked against ARIZONA!!! LOL! Im guessing the Holiday Bowl for Cal....
And USC is overrated. If Ohio State loses they will be 2. If Michigan keeps it close they will be 2 but If you are a USC fan or ND fan youre rooting for Ohio State, cuz if they lose they are still getting in. As they should!

The Best of 3 Worlds

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 01:14:19 PM »
USC has to beat Cal...thats an important game for USC...way more  important than the Notre Dame game...becuase if they lose agianst Cal...the Notre Dame game means nothing.

Ok i see the  number 1 being Ohio State..they beat Michigan.

1. Ohio State

now this is where BCS/voters politics come in.

If Michigan loses badly...USC beats Cal, but loses to Notre Dame...Rutgers win their last 3 remaing games (beats West Virginia)..FLorida wins out BUT they will lose to Arkansas in the SEC champuionship game (which could  jump them up)...this could happen

Notre Dame AUTOMATICALLY gets in a BCS bowl if they finish top 8...and I believe Rutgers gets a look at for ending up top 12 in the BCS standing. Becuase Michigan will end up either 3 or 4...the BCS doesn't want a rematch of Ohio State vs Michigan if it SUCKS...and Ohio State vs Notre Dame could be something...but we saw what happened last year (sadly)...

Championship game (BCS game) #1 vs #2, Ohio State vs Rutgers

A lot of things have to happen though lol

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:16:12 PM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:42:11 PM »
Ohio State will beat Michigan and USC will beat Cal so the standings will end up:

1. Ohio State
2. Southern California

If Michigan loses then 4 and 5 seeds are up for grabs between Florida and Notre Dame. If both teams win it looks like it'll be:

4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Michigan

I doubt ND will beat USC (in the final week), but they'll probably still remain in the top 10.

If for some reason Michigan beats Ohio State, then Ohio will find themself either at #2 or #3 behind USC. If they end up #3 they could easly slip right past USC if they continue there dominate playing. In the end Ohio State would be almost garunteed to play the Championship game.

My prediction is the Championship game will be played between #1 Ohio State and #2 Southern California.

eS El Duque, you are giving way too much credit to Rutgers. Yes they pulled off an upset, but I doubt they'd jump 4 spots ahead of USC and Michigan. They are still heavy underdogs.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
Ohio State will beat Michigan and USC will beat Cal so the standings will end up:

1. Ohio State
2. Southern California

If Michigan loses then 4 and 5 seeds are up for grabs between Florida and Notre Dame. If both teams win it looks like it'll be:

4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Michigan

I doubt ND will beat USC (in the final week), but they'll probably still remain in the top 10.

If for some reason Michigan beats Ohio State, then Ohio will find themself either at #2 or #3 behind USC. If they end up #3 they could easly slip right past USC if they continue there dominate playing. In the end Ohio State would be almost garunteed to play the Championship game.

My prediction is the Championship game will be played between #1 Ohio State and #2 Southern California.

eS El Duque, you are giving way too much credit to Rutgers. Yes they pulled off an upset, but I doubt they'd jump 4 spots ahead of USC and Michigan. They are still heavy underdogs.

How do you figure? If Mich and ND both end up with 1 loss Mich will end up ahead of ND. Mich beat ND and there only loss would be too the #1 team in the nation. And Michigan has a stronger strength of schedule with more quality wins..Wisconson, Notre Dame, Penn State, Iowa....

The Best of 3 Worlds