Author Topic: Blue Carpet Treatment tracklist opinions  (Read 640 times)

We Fly High

Re: Blue Carpet Treatment tracklist opinions
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 11:15:29 AM »
???  I don't know what to say.  Honestly, this is Snoop's "Stillmatic" or "Blueprint."  I don't know what you guys want.  R&G was pretty mellow, so Snoop switched up and made a really hype album.  Like every track is an attempt to make a perfect 10 track.  Of course, some fail, but that's inevitable.  This album to me is as good in its own way, with what it's trying to accomplish, and at this point of Snoop's career, as Doggystyle to me.  I know I'll be killed for saying that, but whatever, that's how I feel.  Just like Stillmatic was basically as good as Nas was going to be able to accomplish at that point in his career.

It's probably not Snoop's fault that Dre didn't produce the entire album, which we all seem to want.  I'm sure Dre doesn't want to do it for a whole album, Snoop even said that Dre doesn't have that level of energy anymore.  So I can't blame Snoop for that.

Anyway, he kept the Neptunes tracks to a minimum, so they didn't overstay their welcome.  Hmmmm, he releases a gangsta track as his first single, which we all nagged him for for the past 5 years...and it gets ignored.

The whole album is so crisp and clearly had a high budget.  It seems like Snoop tried to throw everything into this album, including the kitchen sink.  I would love to hear from you guys, rather than "oh this and this sucks, 15 tracks would have been a classic" -- what was missing in this album that you would have liked to see?  It seems to be Snoop has a variety of tracks, yet they all mesh and coalesce together imo, which is the most important thing for an album.  Yes, there's a lot of guests and producers, but that's Snoop's style -- he wants to maximize everyone's exposure.  He knows he's the king of the west, so it wouldn't be right to go 13 tracks with one producer and no guests.  Think of all the backlash and friction that would cause on the inside (the internal business side of things), if he were to turn his back on the westcoast in that way.

Lastly, again, Snoop maximizes everything, so he fills up as much as possible the 80 mins he has available to him.  If you don't like some tracks, just skip them, and you have your classic, like some people are saying.  I don't see how an album can go from "Classic" to "Average/Dissapointed" simply due to their being filler.  That dropdown in your rating should only arise from a lack of Classic songs, but you guys are saying this album has enough classic songs, just it also has too much filler.  If it has the ingredients for a classic plus some filler, doesn't that make it a near-classic.  I'm just trying to decipher your logic, or lack thereof.

i agree.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 12:04:09 PM »
Good:

Think About It
Crazy
Vato
That's That
Boss Life
LAX
Round Here
A Bitch I Knew
Like This
Imagine
Conversation

OK

I Wanna Fuck You
Which One Of You
Gangbangin 101
10 Lil Crips

Everything else....not worth the mention.

Good listen though.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

WC Iz Active

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 12:06:30 PM »
Not a good album at all IMO, there were 8 tracks I liked alot but there were also 13 tracks I didnt like so overall this was a very poor album.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »
Its a big step in my opinion,...If u didnt noticed..he doesnt have his lazy flow anymore , his flow is hard on this record and the lyrics are on point. he's finally spitting something that makes sense..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 12:18:03 PM »
As far as raps, Snoop KILLED in on this album... he sounds so hungry, very energetic.. The beats are hot for the most part.. like I said except for 10 Lil Crips and Beat Up On Yo Pads i like every beat... Oh and somehow Kurupt managed to ruin both his appearances on the album... and this was the first time we heard Kurupt on a snoop album since tha doggfather! except his lil outro on tha last meal..

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 12:52:39 PM »
i like all tracks but 4 >>> great album >>> i will buy

MediumL

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 01:12:39 PM »
I quite like Which one of you, its like snoops been trying to make another 'Ain't No Fun' but it ain't near that standard.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

WC Iz Active

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 01:21:31 PM »
As far as raps, Snoop KILLED in on this album... he sounds so hungry, very energetic.. The beats are hot for the most part.. like I said except for 10 Lil Crips and Beat Up On Yo Pads i like every beat... Oh and somehow Kurupt managed to ruin both his appearances on the album... and this was the first time we heard Kurupt on a snoop album since tha doggfather! except his lil outro on tha last meal..
Yeah Snoop's rapping has definitely improved no doubt but this is a weak album IMO.  And yeah Kurupt was awful in his appearences, it is really sad to hear Kurupt these days :-\

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 01:24:33 PM »
fuck it WICH ONE OF U IS A GREAT TRACK...even my momma is dancing to it!!!

~Lucien~

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 01:33:09 PM »
fuck it WICH ONE OF U IS A GREAT TRACK...even my momma is dancing to it!!!

:)

sav

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 01:50:24 PM »
Great Tracks

Intrology
Think about it
Crazy
Get a light
Boss' life
10 lil' crips
Round here
A bitch i knew
Imagine

Good Tracks

Vato
That's that
Gangbangin' 101
L.A.X.
I wanna fuck you
Conversations

Okay tracks

Which one of u
Beat up on yo pads

Useless tracks

Candy
Like this
Psst!
Don't stop

The following users thanked this post: Marco

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »
As far as raps, Snoop KILLED in on this album... he sounds so hungry, very energetic..

ya I agree

westside159

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 05:28:26 PM »
Trunk knoccer - Candy  the beat and the hook is the bomb !!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

WC Iz Active

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 11:50:39 PM »
I think Snoop's rapping definitely improved in this album, I agree with some of other reviews here that he sounded real hungry and his flow was on point the whole album.  I also like the fact that there werent to many pop tracks on this album and I definitely liked this album better than his last but IMO there are just way to many fillers on this album for me to consider it that good.  The strong tracks on the album are truly standout tracks but the rest of the album is subpar.  I also think I am the only person that enjoyed "Round Here" more than "Imagine".   They were both good tracks but I liked Round Here alot more.  I was a little disapointed with Dre on the album but that is because his standards are pretty high and I expect nothing but the best out of him.  I thought the best beat on the album came from Timba "Get A Light" is a awesome track.  Overall I think this was better than his last album by a longshot but it's still not that good of a album.

Standout Tracks
-Get A Light
-Round Here
-Vato
-I Wanna Fuck You (I know this might be a weird pick, but the dirty version of this song has really grown on me)
-A Bitch I knew
-Imagine (good song but honestly didnt think Dre's verse was all that but it was good to hear him)

Good, Solid tracks
-Gangbangin 101
-10 Lil' Crips
-Intrology
-Think About It

Fillers
-Conversations
Beat Up On Yo Pads
-Crazy
Which One Of You
-Like This
-LAX (Extremely dissapointing IMO)
-Thats That
-Boss's Life (Dont like Akon at all in this track, ruins the good production of the song)

Horrible, worthless tracks
-Candy (I can't describe how much I hate this song, torture to the ears)
-Psst
-Don't Stop

Overall this is about a 5.5 of 10 IMO, better than I expected but way to many fillers.

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2006, 12:03:38 AM »
-I Wanna Fuck You (I know this might be a weird pick, but the dirty version of this song has really grown on me)
That's s sick track, blood.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE