Author Topic: Best Buy Burbank - PS3 Line Interviewed [U TUBE]  (Read 500 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Best Buy Burbank - PS3 Line Interviewed [U TUBE]
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 05:40:28 PM »
If you guys want, I'll drive over there right and throw something at them. I'm only 10 minutes away.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 06:49:46 PM »
If you guys want, I'll drive over there right and throw something at them. I'm only 10 minutes away.

YES AND PUT IT ON YOUTUBE AND SHOUT OUT "GET LAID YOU FUCKIN VIRGINS"

Technodramon

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 07:07:26 PM »

Steal the penguin I got $50 on it.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 07:15:08 PM »
I don't want to see you get your ass beat with some $25 light sabers lol

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 08:15:22 PM »
I don't want to see you get your ass beat with some $25 light sabers lol
lol

YES AND PUT IT ON YOUTUBE AND SHOUT OUT "GET LAID YOU FUCKIN VIRGINS"
If only I had a camcorder  :'(
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »
lmao. now what would be funny is if people show up on the day of the ps3 and just cut in front of them. thats what i would do

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »

lol @ blue ray!

yeah that makes games LOADS better.. riiiiiiiight???

From what I've heard, it makes games LOAD slower

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 09:35:18 PM »

lmao.. kain has no clue...

you know much it costs to make a game that big.. people cant compete.. = limited market!

Plus, maybe I'm out of my mind, but the hd dvd compression is different than the blueray compression.  The same quality film or whatever file we're talking about might look exactly the same quality wise but be 10 gigs on a blueray drive and 4 gigs on an hd dvd drive.  Similar to wmv avi mpg

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 11:17:18 PM »
every PS3 fan always refers to "blue-ray" when most of them muthafuckas know nothing at all about it. 

i have a 360 and love it.....i'll probably get PS3 eventually because i am a Sony fan but not for another couple of years.  my 360 will hold me up just fine since 360 has some great titles.  And btw the only reason i wanted to cop the PS3 right away was because of GTA but when i heard GTA would come out for both 360 and PS3 but 360 getting some downloadable material i was fuckin glad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 11:18:56 PM by California's where i'm at...riiiight »
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 12:05:09 AM »

lol @ blue ray!

what?? then what's the point of blu ray?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 12:22:22 AM »

lol @ blue ray!

yeah it does..

you dont get the point?

haha.. you made assumptions?

the point is sony sneaking their new movie disk format into peoples homes.. thats it!

yeah the disks can hold a lot of data.. but like i said above.. making that amount of content for a game is financially prohibitive... people can't afford to put the money into developing ps3 games unless they're the big ass studios..

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 12:48:01 AM »

lol @ blue ray!

yeah it does..

you dont get the point?

the point is sony sneaking their new movie disk format into peoples homes.. thats it!

yeah the disks can hold a lot of data.. but like i said above.. making that amount of content for a game is financially prohibitive... people can't afford to put the money into developing ps3 games unless they're the big ass studios..

oh okay.. I thought people can't borrow games anymore..and when they buy a game, it only works on that system...is that right?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 01:36:52 AM »
The 50gig discs will be 4gb of game and 46gb of CGi in-game movies; they used to do it on PS2 to pad out the DVDs for a while.

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 05:38:27 AM »

lol @ blue ray!

yeah it does..

you dont get the point?

oh okay.. I thought people can't borrow games anymore..and when they buy a game, it only works on that system...is that right?

That was a rumour, that hopefully (probably) isn't true.  The blueray format takes longer to load up than a dvd or a cd, so the load time on the blueray game system will be longer than on the ps2, ps1, xbox, gamecube, xbox360, Wii, dreamcast, sega cd, computer, saturn, etc.

On the other hand, the Wii supposedly loads immediately with no splash screens on the games. 

Technodramon

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 05:49:38 AM »
lol @ blue ray!
yeah it does..
you dont get the point?

"Also unexpected was a feature in Genji to install the game, committing 4GB of data from the game's Blu-ray disc to the PS3's hard drive -- a three-minute one-time-only procedure available from the game's start menu that a Sony rep said cuts down in-game load times from about 15 seconds to 4 seconds."

So, regardless of the debate about the relative read speeds of 2x Blu-ray drives and 12x DVD drives, we can all recognize the obvious benefits of having a hard drive included by default.

lol you guys are just upset your still playing on dvds.