Author Topic: Video For J. Dilla 'Won't Do'  (Read 98 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Video For J. Dilla 'Won't Do'
« on: November 19, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »
(press release) - As word continues to spread on the recent release of J Dilla's final work The Shining, a steady chorus of praise is making itself heard.  From major magazine features and newspapers nationally to NPR, television and more, this final work by one of Hip Hop's most innovative creative forces continues to be held up as proof that J Dilla was one of the most significant Hip Hop artists in recent memory. 

The release will now see further play with a new video currently in post production for the track 'Won't Do'.  The video is directed by Mazik Saevitz (of Blood of Abraham fame) and will feature Dilla's brother John Yancey as well as cameos from Common, Will.I.AM, Talib Kweli, Karriem Riggins and others. Styling for the video was done by Las Vegas based Fruition (www.fruitionlv.com). Expect a surreal CG driven visual journey that will celebrate Dilla’s legacy while staying true to ‘Won’t Do’ as a song.

The video will premier on 12/4/06 and will be exclusively available on imeem jdilla.imeem.com for 2 weeks following the premier. 2 weeks leading up to the premier exclusive stills and behind the scenes footage will be available on imeem.

http://www.rensoul.com/index1.html

ecrazy

Re: Video For J. Dilla 'Won't Do'
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:15:14 PM »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »
This will be dope, this is probably my favourite track on the album, something about it really hits me deep.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:36:34 PM »
This will be dope, this is probably my favourite track on the album, something about it really hits me deep.

yep.. me too.. can't wait for the video..

it sucks that i didnt really get it in to his music before he died :(

RIP J Dilla

*bumps Won't Do"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 01:38:18 PM by Oklin says: Nobody Beats The Beats »