Author Topic: Shaq out for 4-6 weeks  (Read 710 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Shaq out for 4-6 weeks
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 05:19:44 PM »
^^So by your logic, Gary Payton and Antoine Walker are worth $20+ Million a year, since they won the championship. Hurray!

if the heat are in good position by the time shaq gets back, yes.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 09:00:28 PM »
^^So by your logic, Gary Payton and Antoine Walker are worth $20+ Million a year, since they won the championship. Hurray!

Stop being so hurt that Shaq left the Lakers and won another title, you sound like a Magic fan.

How am I hurt? This thread is about Shaq being out 4-6 weeks because he's old and injury prone...I never liked Shaq after he talked shit about the Lakers/Los Angeles/Kobe etc...Has nothing to do with him winning a title...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »
:raisetheroof:
Why are Lakers fans so happy? Just worry about the Lakers  ;)

I wouldn't say happy, it's just a ceratin satisfaction from proving a point to those who pointed fingers...

Well Miami sure did get something out of it.

Yea, a ruined future...They got a championship out of building a veteran team around Wade+refs dicksucking. :-*

And alot of teams don't get dick for all their youth and future building.  So Miami wins.

Do you even know what the fuck you're saying? A ROOKIE Wade had Miami in the eastern conference semis, they obviously had something special going with Wade, Odom, Butler, etc. before they traded all their prospects away for an aging/overpaid Shaq... Imagine how much better they'd be now if they weren't stuck with Shaqs contract 'till 2010!...They got a championship, correct, but that wasn't Shaq's work, if you claim it was than you're a bigger idiot than I thought. Dide he contribute? Yes. Did Antoine Walker, James Posey, and Gary Payton contribute?...PeACe

I agree. But getting an NBA championship these days are pretty damn tough, so at least they got one, thats something you cant take away. But there future although doesnt look bright could get better....

i agree, i mean it's not like the heat are under bad management, they've got pat riley guiding them, he's like the bill parcells of basketball , he'll get you to the big dance a time or two then leave you with something to work with after he leaves.

plus if you look at the lakers, after shaq they were one of the worst teams in the NBA , now they're in the top 5 power rankings in the nba again. same with utah, 3 years ago they went to shit now they're the top team in the nba again.

also the acquistion of shaq is the biggest thing to ever happen to that orginization and the biggest thing to happen to that city since 1972 when the dolphins were the shit. if shaq were to retire tommorow he would have left that city with 2 deep runs in the playoffs, a championship, and reinterest market-wise in the city. the heat right now are making so much off merchandise and ticket sales after the shaq that shaq trade. the shortrun of that investment worked out to the fullest. the long term of this has yet to be determined but it's not looking THAT bleak. the sixers are one of the worst teams in the nba but they still generate a lot of attention and marketablity thanks to iverson, which in modern times is just as important these days as a playoff win or championship  :-\

It's good from a business standpoint, not for the fans...Shaq is done in the game (maybe not moneywise)... he can no longer provide anywhere NEAR the same services. In fact, he'll be lucky to look like a decent role player when he gets back. He'll still be getting $20 mill a year and the Heat will still be without Odom and Butler, who would currently be providing them with a 2nd and 3rd option, hell, maybe even 1st...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2006, 01:44:46 AM »
:raisetheroof:
Why are Lakers fans so happy? Just worry about the Lakers  ;)

I wouldn't say happy, it's just a ceratin satisfaction from proving a point to those who pointed fingers...

Well Miami sure did get something out of it.

Yea, a ruined future...They got a championship out of building a veteran team around Wade+refs dicksucking. :-*

And alot of teams don't get dick for all their youth and future building.  So Miami wins.

Do you even know what the fuck you're saying? A ROOKIE Wade had Miami in the eastern conference semis, they obviously had something special going with Wade, Odom, Butler, etc. before they traded all their prospects away for an aging/overpaid Shaq... Imagine how much better they'd be now if they weren't stuck with Shaqs contract 'till 2010!...They got a championship, correct, but that wasn't Shaq's work, if you claim it was than you're a bigger idiot than I thought. Dide he contribute? Yes. Did Antoine Walker, James Posey, and Gary Payton contribute?...PeACe

I agree. But getting an NBA championship these days are pretty damn tough, so at least they got one, thats something you cant take away. But there future although doesnt look bright could get better....

i agree, i mean it's not like the heat are under bad management, they've got pat riley guiding them, he's like the bill parcells of basketball , he'll get you to the big dance a time or two then leave you with something to work with after he leaves.

plus if you look at the lakers, after shaq they were one of the worst teams in the NBA , now they're in the top 5 power rankings in the nba again. same with utah, 3 years ago they went to shit now they're the top team in the nba again.

also the acquistion of shaq is the biggest thing to ever happen to that orginization and the biggest thing to happen to that city since 1972 when the dolphins were the shit. if shaq were to retire tommorow he would have left that city with 2 deep runs in the playoffs, a championship, and reinterest market-wise in the city. the heat right now are making so much off merchandise and ticket sales after the shaq that shaq trade. the shortrun of that investment worked out to the fullest. the long term of this has yet to be determined but it's not looking THAT bleak. the sixers are one of the worst teams in the nba but they still generate a lot of attention and marketablity thanks to iverson, which in modern times is just as important these days as a playoff win or championship  :-\

It's good from a business standpoint, not for the fans...Shaq is done in the game (maybe not moneywise)... he can no longer provide anywhere NEAR the same services. In fact, he'll be lucky to look like a decent role player when he gets back. He'll still be getting $20 mill a year and the Heat will still be without Odom and Butler, who would currently be providing them with a 2nd and 3rd option, hell, maybe even 1st...PeACe

Nobody sees that because Shaq just won a ring and we just lost in the first round, but in the long run, we'll see. We got 3 championships out of Shaq while he was in his prime. Those 30 point, 15 rebound days are gone, so he's not worth the money he was asking for. Destroy & rebuild.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 05:36:46 AM »
What the fuck are we talking about?

Bynum's salary $2,030,280
Shaq's salary $20,000,000

Bynum is 19
Shaq is 34

It's SO easy to see who should be happy about his C now, and it's not Pat Riley.

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2006, 03:51:07 PM »
it is clear that everybody in here is pissed that they dont have samuel dalembert, i mean, im sure the sixers may give em up for a bynum/odom/1st round pick trade...maybe...speaking of tha shaq trade, wats good with brian grant, dude used to be sick
- kemp>mj

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »
it is clear that everybody in here is pissed that they dont have samuel dalembert, i mean, im sure the sixers may give em up for a bynum/odom/1st round pick trade...

LMAO, are you retarded?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »
it is clear that everybody in here is pissed that they dont have samuel dalembert, i mean, im sure the sixers may give em up for a bynum/odom/1st round pick trade...maybe...speaking of tha shaq trade, wats good with brian grant, dude used to be sick

he retired

The Best of 3 Worlds

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »

he retired

sixers need to have billy king go chat with about getting out of retirement then!
- kemp>mj

Citizen-Y

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »
it is clear that everybody in here is pissed that they dont have samuel dalembert, i mean, im sure the sixers may give em up for a bynum/odom/1st round pick trade...

LMAO, are you retarded?

Agreed, what drugs is this dude on