Author Topic: A completely *unbiased* _well done_ review of DA (Meho I want you to read this)  (Read 267 times)

kingwell

So I woke up thinking ...I know all the unecessary work this review is gonna take for me to do ...but I said fuck it ...
Ive read a lot of the reviews on the net and I dont agree with most of them ...not because they are doggin out the album ...because they are not ...
In fact ...MOST of the reviews that I saw PRAISED the DA because of various reasons ..for example ...(the absence of Dre and still banging ... or his "elevation" lyrically from the documentary...etc) ...but it just seemed that they werent TRUE fans of hip hop...or mistakenly throwing out misconceptions that are false ...in other words ..saying uninformed things because they dont really know what GAME means ...or just not knowing the stories BEHIND some of the songs ...NOT ONE ... So i'll do him the favor and pay the respects of an informed listener thinks of his album ....

1). LOOKING AT YOU 5/5
This is a PERFECT intro song to this album ....of all the songs ...I think THIS One is the one that sounds MOST like a Dre song... I love this beat...and when He kicks in with "Guess whos back..." Perfectly riding this beat ...it sounds like youre in route for a banging ass album ....its Mac Minister coming in with his message that bring the nostalgia of all of those snoop songs back in the day that solidify it as the intro song, because if he wasnt in the song it would be a solid single...NOT that Mac Minster takes anything away from the song, but juts puts that "intro flavor" on it.

2). DA SHIT 5/5
I think this will go down as one of the most underrated (important westcoast) songs in hip hop history ... Game kills this beat ... Its another Classic beat, and yeah ..on the chorus he talks about his 64 but the song is reflection of where we stand with all this outside opinion on westcoast music.  Also, has the funny line..."Got your main bitch swallowing my babies!" hahahaha love that shit haha

3). ITS OKAY/ONE BLOOD 3/5
OK ...when I first heard this song I wasnt crazy about it at all ....I mean it bumps out of control, and it sent a STRONG message that on this album he was approaching it with this ferocity that was a bit of desperation, but HARD. The more I listen to it the more I like it ...but its still far from my favorite song.... It will probably go down as the most important song in his career though when we look back years from now. It wasnt a conventional first single but like I said ....sent a message, and showed he wasnt afraid to take chances on a fickle country.

4). COMPTON 5/5
I always liked will I am's producing ....I loved Behind the Front ...sure after they added fergie they got gayer, but they made their money. But that doesnt mean he isnt a crazy producer... I remember hearing TOO SHORTS "keep bouncing" and thinking this is a bad ass beat. On this song GAME pays homage to his hometown over a dark beat that he straight KILLS. The thundering bass line will mesmorize you, and the trademaked westcoast "COM PTON & GANGSTA BOOGEY" add that hometown feel. Like jay said ..the nigganigganigga is catchy as the rest of the song. big thums up

5). REMEDY 4/5
This is a recarnation or DRE's "puppet master", and was completed BEFORE he left aftermath (you can tell with all of the references). I like this song because of his lyrics and beat, but this song sounds like it would be my favorite song on a mixtape, and not a song on his album, but nonethelss fits in well with the mentalty he approached this album with. 

6). LETS RIDE 4/5
The more and more I hear this beat ...the more I like it. Sure at first it sounds like a run of the mill Storch Beat. But why did you like Storch beats to begin with?? Because he had BANGING beats....and to be honest, I didnt know it bumped like it did until I threw it on in the truck..and BOOM BOOM ...that shit was bangin. Not to mention I got a lap dance to this song, and after I kept hearing it on the bonus DVD, I really like this song now.  nice 2nd single because it helped lure his old fans back that werent sure after hearing ONE BLOOD, and introduced a lot of younger fans to GAME, cause its catchy like that.

7). TOO MUCH 5/5
This is one of my favorite songs on the album. GAME KILLS THIS SONG. He raps his heart out, and I love what he says. Again, he name drops, but it all fits in with this song, and what its about. Very nostalgic, and thats why Dre is so successful because his ability to get you with the nostalgia 5-10 years back. Nate Dogg is always a nice garnish to westcoast hits, and does not dissapoint here either. I think this could be a single for sure. BANGING ass Storch beat.

8 ). WOULDNT GET FAR 5/5
Kanye West and GAME ....recipe for success IMO. Another potential single with a great beat. This is a "I get around" type of banger, thats for the ladies, but the dudes will bang the shit out of it because of what it is. Kanye comes correct, and with the always unconventional style starting and stopping the beat to fit his verse is dope. Kanye is definetely one of the best, and proves it on this song, but when GAME comes in that last verse he woves in a story about all these famous bitches that flows nicely, it finishes the song with that "needed" controversy and mimcs Snoop on All about you with a funny rendition of his ode to video hoes.

9). SCREEM ON EM 5/5
This is a song where the minimilist beat is not even the main factor of me liking this song. I like how he chin checks everybody that doubts his lyrical/flow ability. and I love the chorus. " this is that DISRESPECTFUL mothafucken WESTCOAST..." Hell yeah ...rolling to that shit gets you singing along.

10). ONE NIGHT 5/5
I think that guy Moe said it best. This song is just amazing. I love the sample, and his story telling in this song is unfadable. He talks about his old block and problems with his brother, but does it in a way that doesnt loose your attention where you either JUST start paying attention to the beat or JUST his lyrics..You enjoy this WHOLE song. ESPECIALLY if you know the backstory about all of this ... answers a lot of questions, and pretty much puts all of THAT situation in perspective and I think should put a lot of uninfomed people in the know.

11). DOCTORS ADVOCATE 5/5
Its weird to hear both of these guys talking to Dre this way, and makes me wonder if Busta will be with Dre for much longer...but aside from that its a start from scratch type of song. WAS my favorite song but changed after I heard the rest of the album. Slowed it down for this part of the album, and a very deep song. Went with the same drunk theme, IMO to be able to express himself and being able to say all he does say in this song. very Deep, and the song pretty much explains itself. The beat is another "Dre type" but only fitting since its like an audible letter to dre. Great song

12) OL ENGLISH 5/5
Still on the slow tip, and ANOTHER one of my favorite songs on the album. This ode to the beer and tats (style of writing) is a story of his upbrining. Talks about his deceased uncle that when you live in this area, I think a lot of us know exactly what he's talking about. This song is explaining WHERE he comes from, and I think explains where he lives BETTER than california vacation. This Hi Tek beat is plodding and get stuck in your head. After hearing this song, you should have a better idea of WHO GAME is and why he is the way he is. His choice of words on this song is top notch, and the interweaving of themes is clever.

13). CALIFORNIA VACATION 4/5
Although this song is BAD ASS ...it reminds me of a remedy type song. It would be my favorite song on a mixtape, but on his album, its great ...just not the best. And I think he explains what he tries to get across on this song BETTER in his other songs. The guests are on point and come correct (snoop and X), but again....just kinda of a stereotypical song that is GREAT, and I can understand its mass appeal, but not my FAVORITE song, althought I can see why it would be YOUR favorite song.

14). BANG 4.5/5
When DPG is givin a Dope beat, they still kill it. Lately its the lack of good production thats been holding them back.  Kurupt ALMOST outshines GAME in this song ...something I thought I would never say, but its true. All of the rappers on this song come correct, and turns out to be a great collabo, and has made me wonder why this is the 1st time they have really made a song all together. All thats missing is snoop.

15). AROUND THE WORLD 3/5
Jamie Foxx is cool on this song and the beat is cool ...actually the more I hear it ...the more I like it...
But Im not feeling it as much as Im Chillin or Hustlers Ambition that I think couldve came in this songs place.... but w/e ... I know why its on the album (this albums version of special)...but I dont like the way it fits in with the rest of the songs

16). WHY YOU HATE THE GAME 4/5
You can tell the amount of work this song was to do... it sounds EPIC .... A little repetative, but still a nice way to end the album.... Take these niggas to Church Game ..!! nah but for reallys ...I always wanted to hear GAME and Nas on a retail song, and sure enough ..what I expected ...is exactly what I got... Its not a PERFECT song but a GREAT song.

OK so you can probably tell that near the half way mark I was starting to get annoyed with all of the typing I was doing so I kinda chilled near the end on the detail...but you get the idea.

OVERALL this album gets a 5/5
BETTER than the doucumetary ...and Defientely ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Review by: flojo

Real Recognize Real

GangstaBoogy

fuck that!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sikotic™

How many Doctor's Groupie copies did he buy?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
How many Doctor's Groupie copies did he buy?

give it a count.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Unbiased? You fool. What kind of unbiased reviewer gives every song 3 or higher, with 11 5/5 (Perfect songs). 11 classic tracks. CLASSIC. Bullshit. This album was 4/5, and easily not a classic. Fuckin groupies.  Oh and definetly not album of the year. Top 5 maybe, but not the top.

Narrator

Like 99% of the so-called "reviewers" on DubCC, you don't know how to write hip-hop reviews for shit.  People gotta learn this whole "rate each track" shit just ain't how a good review is written.  Study some web sites and observe how those reviewers do their writing...THEN come back and tell me your shit is "well done" or "unbiased".

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
As soon as I saw you give Lookin At You a 5/5, I clicked on "Reply" to write this, and then I'm moving on with my life, because this in NOT an unbiased review.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

kingwell

Every word in his review is true.   Don't ignore the truth, because it's sitting right in front of you with a Black Wall Street chain on!

IT'S
GAME TIME

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think this will go down as one of the most underrated (important westcoast) songs in hip hop history

HAHAHAHA One of the most important songs in westcoast history?

Kanye West and GAME ....recipe for success IMO.

Second stupidest thing you said. A below average producer and an average rapper = Success?

When DPG is givin a Dope beat, they still kill it.

Jelly rolls beat sucks, and DPG sounded aweful on this.

You can tell the amount of work this song was to do... it sounds EPIC

Epic? Why cause Nas is on it?

This is one of the worst reviews I've ever read. When you review something you don't look at it from a fan, you look at it from an unbiased observer.

biggeazy-e

• 'G'
Brant- I thought DPG sounded pretty good on that track, but, I'm gonna have to agree with everything else you said...

anybody else wondering why the more homie listens to every song, the more he likes them?
chevy fuck rice