Author Topic: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii (live numbers inside)  (Read 3751 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: [sticky] PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii (live numbers inside)
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 02:22:27 PM »
hmm it appears that 300,000 people have returned the wii since i checked the other day...

lol

kemizt

Don Seer

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 01:03:19 AM »
lol

i guess some of the numbers weren't confirmed or got counted twice or some BS..

plenty more wii nums to come with japan (dont forget ps3 is us+japan wii is US only so far)..
and europe (ps3 aint out here till march..)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 01:05:51 AM by Seer - San »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:19:43 AM »
(ps3 aint out here till march..)

Yeah, that's wack

kemizt

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 07:51:35 PM »
lol

i guess some of the numbers weren't confirmed or got counted twice or some BS..

plenty more wii nums to come with japan (dont forget ps3 is us+japan wii is US only so far)..
and europe (ps3 aint out here till march..)

Shit, for real.....numbers will jump for sure....are they planning a home launch after it's released everywhere else?

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2006, 01:34:56 AM »
japan is dec 2nd, europe (most of) is the 8th dec.. (some are 7th dec though)

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 03:08:03 PM »
Nintendo seems to be kicking that ass. 

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2006, 12:33:12 PM »

well they dropped more consoles than sony to start with, then they've dropped it in japan and now they're about to drop all the rest of the regions (europe/australasia) by the end of this week

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2006, 02:37:10 PM »
I read somewhere that they're aiming to sell 4mil by the end of the year........thas crazy, but by the way they're going, it can be done.

Sony's aiming for 1.5mil......hmmmm, can they do it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2006, 08:58:17 PM »
I think both will sell all they can make for a while, and eventually Sony will probably pull ahead, but I think Nintendo's at least a lock for the #2 position this time around. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2006, 09:19:06 PM »
It's not about who wants to buy but how many systems are made lol

Wait six months or so, then it will show

As for right now all those stats mean is that there have been more Wiis available than PS3s
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 05:29:57 AM »
Go PS3 ;D

i will help that # sometime next fall or winter

LOL

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 10:44:47 AM »
I think both will sell all they can make for a while, and eventually Sony will probably pull ahead, but I think Nintendo's at least a lock for the #2 position this time around. 

i agree

true, im curious how wii and ps3 plan on selling as many units as they reported by the end of this month wen they apparently havent even made that many to begin with lol

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 07:35:39 PM »

i agree

true, im curious how wii and ps3 plan on selling as many units as they reported by the end of this month wen they apparently havent even made that many to begin with lol

that's exactly what i'm saying....
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Don Seer

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 12:40:54 AM »

i think nintendo is doing a bait n switch.. they supplied enough to fulfill most (but not all!) preorders... and will be pumping 2 more waves of consoles out.. that means they created demand.. then fulfill it while there is hype...

as for the ps3.. they're trying peoples patience.. but as bill gates recently said something like "if sony branded a brick playstation people would buy it.."

Trauma-san

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 05:45:10 AM »
I swear to god I see the tide shifting to Nintendo on this one.  I got a Game Informer mag in the mail yesterday, they gave the Wii an A- and the PS3 a B.  They named the PS3 launch the biggest dissapointment of the year, while naming Nintendo publisher of the year, developer of the year, Link was hero of the year, and named Zelda greatest game to ever launch with a system and possibly the greatest game of all time.

Watching the news, I see no news stories on ps3's, other than  a few a couple weeks ago of people being stabbed.  On the other hand, I've seen the Wii on nearly every talk show, jokes made about the name... last night on the news, "When we come back, we're going to show you where people are lining up next to get their hands on the Nintendo Wii". 

The buzz Nintendo has created over this thing is pretty phenomenal.  Guy I work with has a 21 year old wife, they just bought a Wii and now *SHES* calling family asking people to buy her Wii games and organizers and controllers and shit for Christmas.  For Her, and she bought it for her husband!

So I think what we've got happening is exactly what Nintendo claimed would happen, and exactly what Nintendo's already pulled off with the DS.  They're trying to keep the hardcore gamer happy with games like Zelda, but branching out trying to appeal to women and older adults as well as children, and it seems to be working exactly how they estimated it would. 

Sony on the other hand has made a game system that's very look is even threatening, and I don't see 1 single game aimed at anybody but the male 13-28 demo.  That by the way is the very demo of this board, and this board, in the large part, is even pro nintendo and anti sony.  I think they've shot themselves in the foot with this, but both sides could falter, the long run is what will choose who's the most successful.  With that said, Nintendo makes a ton of money off of software and stands as the 2nd largest developer in the world, right behind EA.... so Nintendo's going to be extremely successful anyways. 

Sony in a sense is trying to have their cake and eat it too.  Look @ what they're doing.... they make games solely for that key male demo, who are the most hardcore gamers.... but then they do and say things that would only piss off hardcore gamers! No scaling on the hdtv, problems with load times, no exclusives yet, late launches in europe and australia, game deadlines being pushed back, insulting comments from their president and other members of their corporate team, etc.... these are almost solely things that would piss off a hardcore gamer.  A casual gamer or a younger gamer or older gamer would'nt be into it as much and would just buy the game when it came out, or when they saw it in the store... or not notice the hdtv scaling, etc. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:49:00 AM by Trauma-san »