Author Topic: What The Hell Ever Happend To...  (Read 125 times)

Murrow

What The Hell Ever Happend To...
« on: November 24, 2001, 11:28:14 AM »
...Producers producing a whole album?  Now a days, peeps go for that 'flavor of the month' sort of thing with 10 different producers on a 15 track album.  WHERE IS THE IDENTITY IN THAT?  I would love to see peeps like Fredwreck, Battlecat and Alchemist produce full albums to show off what they can do with an artist.  Think of it:  An album complete with only Fredwreck beats...oh boy.  Albums mostly these days are very shallow, with production so diverse you don't get @ what the artist is going for.  With producers like Dre, and Quik, you had one direction...that is how it should be.

This is why many artists and producers like Neptunes and Rocwilder make my angry.  Take Fabolus for example, fool brings the best beats money can buy from West- East- South; The Neptunes, Rocwilder, Timbaland, Ric Rock.  How does someone like him create a style?  You need a focul point, not off the wall shit.  With the West it is okay because they basically have a universal sound.  All the beats are the same pretty much.  But when you got rappers dippin into other coasts for beats, you don't fit it.

I wanna see producers being producers...not just beat makers.

What do you say?

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What The Hell Ever Happend To...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2001, 11:49:16 AM »
I prefer different producers and flavors on an album--as does the vast majority of consumers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2001, 11:59:30 AM »
good point    incognito .......... thats why hip-hop is so watered down nowadays .  
ice cube - amerikkkaz most wanted   =  produced by the Bomb Squad  ( public enemys camp)
the d.o.c.  -  produced entirely by dre
and so  on ..........  
defaris  album  -   focused daily    was produced  by  Alchemist  almost entirely   and that shit is classic .

if  1 or 2 producers do an  entire album ....... it has a less chance of it  bein a  flop .      if  you  have  10 producers  do an album   no matter how talented they may be  ..........  they might  all have a bad day at the studio   and  u end up with an album that  has like  3  good joints  and the rest is bullshit ......  
good point

Murrow

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2001, 12:20:49 PM »

defaris  album  -   focused daily    was produced  by  Alchemist  almost entirely   and that shit is classic .

Shit, I never knew that.  I think if producers like Alchemist, Rocwilder and Battlecat quit fuckin around with everyone that goes after em and channel their talents towards one record, we'd all be happy.  I know BC is gonna try and do that with Cali Lost Angels, and Fredwreck with, "The Atoms"...if those ever come out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »