It's aight
11 (18.6%)
Average
5 (8.5%)
Garbage
6 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 30, 2006, 02:21:11 PM

Author Topic: 213 "The Hard Way" after 2 years  (Read 702 times)

WestCoasta

Re: 213 "The Hard Way" after 2 years
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 03:12:02 PM »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 05:47:26 PM »
sorry for the mistake in the topic, I fixed it now. Yes I think it's just not ok to hate this album just because there's no Warren G beat. be serious, some of the beats sound if they were produced by Warren G and that's what is really important. And in my opinion, Warren G beats aren't the best these days, I prefer Battlecat for example. Ok, ther must have ben Warren G beats, but just saying it's wack because there is non is bullshit. If you don't like the music, ok that's a different flavour but I don't understand when people say it wouldn't be a funky album. BTW, I like "213 Tha Gangsta Clicc" this beat is just crazy and Nate kills it at the end. Nate is 100% top notch on this album. "Lil Girl" would have been 3 times more worst without Nate. I hope they gonna make such an album again in the future, but I don't really belive it can happen. Warren is sorted out... but he gets some mentiones in a few songs these days for example "DPG Fo' Live" that's why I wonder that nobody fucks with him.

That's a good point you make.  What if Warren DID produce some cuts on their originally, and Snoop heard them and was secretly thinking to himself that his homeboy had fallen off, so he went with these other producers that ultimately made the final cut.  It's possible, considering how Midnight Hour sounded like a major fall-off for Warren.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 05:58:23 PM »
This album was cool.....I liked it........more for the old school funk heads and more mature audience, but I liked it...

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »
I think its a cool album, I liked it from the beginning, but obviously it wasn't as tight as I hoped it would be.  Also, I feel that this album is a low point for Snoop.  Easily his worst performance on any album.  But Nate killed it, and it sucks that he lost the momentum that he must have had after recording this album. He could have put out a great solo album after this.  But the production was good, a little boring at times (Keep It Gangsta & Lonely Girl come to mind) but pretty good.  After hearing "In The Midnight Hour" I could care less if Warren had any beats on it, because he seems like he abandoned that smooth funk sound for the most part.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 07:07:10 PM »
Twist Yo Body
Absolutely
Run On Up
Groupie Luv
Another
Gotta Find A Way
MLK
Lil Girl
Appreciation
So Fly

I thoroughly enjoyed all those songs which made it a bumpable album for me to this date, i'd say it was somewhere between 3.5 and 4 mics in the source hayday. better than the previous warren album, and previous few snoop albums not including his new one because i haven't bought or heard it yet. but when that album leaked i was pleasently surpirsed and soon after bought it,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 07:19:57 PM »
I thought it was alright. Nothing great. Some1 said it already, snoop's performance was pretty bad. Warren was average on most tracks, tight on some. Nate Dogg was by far the best performer on the album. My fav. tracks were groupie love, 213 tha gangsta clicc & twist yo body.

not 2 get any1 excited (sure some of u heard), a few months ago warren told mtv he brought up a 2nd 213 l.p. 2 snoop, and snoop really liked the idea. warren said nothin was set in stone tho. I'd guess since a few months have passed, it prolly was scraped.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 10:58:08 PM »
im still havnt listened to it all the way through... iv been meaning too though

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2006, 12:36:04 AM »
As I said before....

The production on this album was better than the production on the last two Warren albums, in my opinion....there were a few hot tracks on both Warren albums, but overall, 213's was hotter and a lot more diverse.

I do think it woulda been cool to include 4-5 of his best tracks....but I think most people were turned off just because he wasn't on it...and to be real, ONLY people on this board noticed that or cared about it. Everybody else I know loved it, and many of them thought Warren produced on it but could care less if he did or didn't, because it was dope.

WestCoasta

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 12:46:52 AM »

the best track to me is "My Dirty Ho"
all the verses are good and Nate kills that one

I didn't like

Keep It Gangsta
Groupie Luv  (I liked the beat)
Another Summer
213 Tha Gangsta Clicc  (what the fuck is this?!)

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2006, 12:50:02 AM »
it is a great album, nate was amazing on it. Productions was dope. funky g-funk. its better then the snoop and warren g album 2gether.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
Re: 213 "The Hardy Way" after 2 years
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2006, 05:10:36 AM »
I guess people didnt like it because on the real It was a Mature album, with topics that I can understand  because im getting older, but most of the peeps on this board are teenagers, so they expected alot of Bang bang, Gangsta  and warren g produced cuts

Maybe that's it.
I always loved the album and is still one of my most played albums these days. Never understood why people are hating that much on the album. Okay, some productions aren't that good but those three guys still made a good song out of them. But I have to admit that some songs are out of place and don't fit the overall 213 style. If they would have replaced "213 Tha Gangsta Clicc", "Lil' Girl" and "Groupie Luv" with some other smooth songs or even Warren G productions the album would have been much better. But it's still a good album if you ask me. People were just too hyped about a 213 album that they expected something totally different. Even though the album got good critics and reviews all over the world.

Overall the album has a old school feeling mixed with some fresh sounds. Over the years I got more into these melodic songs and that's why I prefer "Three the hard way" over many other rap albums.

thank you sir. i've been waiting to reply on this topic just to see what people have had to say about this album. now, to everyone that didn't like or hated on this album, i have one question for you...why?! honestly, the production isn't classic but it is still pretty damn good. no warren g on the boards? big fucking deal. see past the fact that he didn't produce and you'll realize that the other producers did a pretty fuckin good job. i actually loved all the beats on the album. to this day i still can't understand why people don't feel this album. it must be either the fact that warren didn't produce every track or that it was supposed to be the best album of westcoast history, and without certain elements it failed horribly (in your eyes) , please.........

this album is a west coast icon, and should not be ridiculed the way it is.....

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: 213 "The Hardy Way" after 2 years
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2006, 05:14:44 AM »
I voted for Great....I always liked this album.  I dont know why everyone hated on this shit.....It didnt help that 80% of the tracks leaked at different times prior to the release, but still.....Its a solid, funk'd out ,westcoast album!

agreed homie.. good summary.

lonely girl
mary jane
so fly

tracks i use to love from the album

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20:26 AM »
No Dre=Dissapointment.

LOL, Dre is wrong for a 213 album... if you want the original 213 than they must have had Warren on the beats, but Dre was NEVER involved in 213.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

WestCoasta

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »
No Dre=Dissapointment.

Dre is wrong for a 213 album...

yea Dre on 213 is not needed...