Author Topic: Random questions from true fans of West Coast Rap....  (Read 214 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Random questions from true fans of West Coast Rap....
« on: November 26, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
What are some questions that you have, or that most of us have about West Coast rap, that may never be answered?

Some that I can think of.....

-Who guided Quik with the production on Rhythmalism, which is in my opinion better than any other album he's done musically...and why his music since then hasn't been as musically inclined

-Why hasn't Daz produced too many, if any, songs on Snoop's albus

-Why didn't Snoop and Cube collab til late 97, even though they were two of the biggest west coast rappers and rappers during that time period from 93-96

-Why Warren didn't produce on 213's album

-Does the west coast have to conform to the music that everybody else in the nation is doin in order to blow up

-Are there any hidden gems on the West right now that nobody has heard of, but have potential of TRULY being the next big west coast artists

-If Snoop and Dre are close, but have some kind of problem with working together...because of the success they've had, it only seems obvious that they would work together a lot more

-Will the hyphy movement really pick up and become a major factor in the rap indusry...and do most west coast fans want it to be

d-nice

Re: Random questions from true fans of West Coast Rap....
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 08:52:05 PM »
What are some questions that you have, or that most of us have about West Coast rap, that may never be answered?

Some that I can think of.....

-Who guided Quik with the production on Rhythmalism, which is in my opinion better than any other album he's done musically...and why his music since then hasn't been as musically inclined

-Why hasn't Daz produced too many, if any, songs on Snoop's albus

-Why didn't Snoop and Cube collab til late 97, even though they were two of the biggest west coast rappers and rappers during that time period from 93-96

-Why Warren didn't produce on 213's album

-Does the west coast have to conform to the music that everybody else in the nation is doin in order to blow up

-Are there any hidden gems on the West right now that nobody has heard of, but have potential of TRULY being the next big west coast artists

-If Snoop and Dre are close, but have some kind of problem with working together...because of the success they've had, it only seems obvious that they would work together a lot more

-Will the hyphy movement really pick up and become a major factor in the rap indusry...and do most west coast fans want it to be

You read my mind on the Daz questions. It is almost like Snoop is punishing him for having beef with him back in the day. Cube and Snoop had kind of a silent beef during the whole Chronic era then once Dre and Cube were cool again they started working together. I have a few questions to add.

Why even now in 2006 west coast fans do not embrace "Backpack Rap"? It seems like the gap is growing.

Since when is the Bay not a part of the west making a comeback?

What is the REAL reason we can not get 2pac albums remix free?

What happened to west coast record labels?

What is the REAL reason Crooked I does not have a album out?

rik

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:52:48 PM »
Is "Detox" really coming?

Chad

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 09:09:17 PM »
Did Dre help Daz on Ambitionz Az A Ridah? How else can u explain the fact that Daz hasn't made anything like Ambitionz Az A Ridah ever again? 

What happened to Badass Anthony Banks?

Where are the Dangerous Crew members?

Will we ever hear from Ant Diddley Dog Again?

Will we ever that unreleased Bad N-Fluenz album "He Was Slipping Into Darkness"?

Will Dr. Dre ever produce an entire record again by himself?  ;D

Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Visualize what you can't see

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 11:23:05 PM »
Why did Mel-Man left the Math?
Why Dre never spoke publicly about the 50/Game situation?
Will we ever get the unreleased LBC crew album?

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 12:00:38 AM »
Man the Dubcnn staff is going to be busy tracking all the answers to these questions down  ;D