Author Topic: Need help with my thesis on hip-hop culture (PHOTOSHOP experts, check in)  (Read 274 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Alright, most of you know by now that I'm in my last year of college and that I'm writing a thesis called "The Evolution of Hip-Hop Culture". Well, I've finished writing that thesis a few weeks ago. The only thing I still have to do now is putting the finishing touches on my lay-out.

I need to have one picture that will end up on the cover of my thesis. I searched the Net and decided to look up one pic of each pillar of hip-hop culture (rap music, breakdancing, turntablism, graffiti and beatboxing). The thing is...I would like to have these 5 individual pics melted into one separate picture, so I can insert it into my Word document.
Can someone who knows how to work with Photoshop do this for me? The dimensions of the pic for my cover are: approximately 9 cm (length) and 12 cm (width). It's about the same size as the breakdancer-pic that I've posted.

Here are the separate pics that I'm using:

Major thanks to anyone who could do this favour for me.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Need help with my thesis on hip-hop culture (PHOTOSHOP experts, check in)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 04:33:38 AM »
Anyone? ???

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 02:17:03 AM »
is it too late? let me know.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 02:49:03 AM »
here she goes man 1st draft, lemme know what you think/want changed/anything...i fit it to the size you wanted (9x12cm), and got all the elements in there.... it was tough!! that's a lot of pixels to fit in a small space, i tried my best  ;D

This is the photo without any effects.

This has the added poster effect, i think it adds a little character.

Like i said man these are just rough drafts, off the top of my head. Everything is totally changeable. i just wanted to give you somethin to review before i hit the sack. aight homie, talk to ya soon!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 02:51:28 AM by evan the dude »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 03:06:03 AM »
Hotdamn...this looks nice! :)

I like the first pic better though (so the one without the poster effects). I've got a few questions though...:

1) Now that I see its size...it can actually be bigger than that. Do you think it's possible to turn it into the size of the turntable-pic?

2)Also, since the pic will be a bit larger then, is it possible to place the 'mic' next to the breakdancer so that he doesn't cover it too much (as is the case now).

3) Concerning the beatboxing-banner: is it possible to put the 'white background' of the banner into a bit darker colour, so that it doesn't stand out as much? Right now, it's kinda like that banner covers the whole pic, you know? I'd like to have it less eye-catching.

Thanks again man. I had actually lost hope that anyone on this board would help me out...props! 8)

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 03:09:33 AM »
Hotdamn...this looks nice! :)

I like the first pic better though (so the one without the poster effects). I've got a few questions though...:

1) Now that I see its size...it can actually be bigger than that. Do you think it's possible to turn it into the size of the turntable-pic?

2)Also, since the pic will be a bit larger then, is it possible to place the 'mic' next to the breakdancer so that he doesn't cover it too much (as is the case now).

3) Concerning the beatboxing-banner: is it possible to put the 'white background' of the banner into a bit darker colour, so that it doesn't stand out as much? Right now, it's kinda like that banner covers the whole pic, you know? I'd like to have it less eye-catching.

Thanks again man. I had actually lost hope that anyone on this board would help me out...props! 8)

thanks man, no problem. anything for a fellow dubcc'er  8) i'll have another draft for ya tomorrow, but for now, it is way past my bed time haha. later man.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 03:11:23 AM »
 :) Allright, good. Looking forward to seeing the next draft!

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:38:30 AM »
here we go homie. lemme know if you want anything changed!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 09:16:59 AM »
Man, that is perfect! Very nicely done. All elements integrated into one pic...couldn't be better. Thank you so much. If I can ever return the favour, make sure you let me know...

MATIK

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 07:13:14 PM »
Excellent Job Evan The Dude!!!!
Respect.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 03:30:20 AM »
Excellent Job Evan The Dude!!!!
Respect.

thanx homie  ;D