Author Topic: "Gangsta"  The term is being misused in hip-hop.  (Read 627 times)

HNIC

Re: "Gangsta"  The term is being misused in hip-ho
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2001, 10:43:54 PM »
if it came down to it puffy could get a nigga merked in a day or 2, he aint tough, but his power is gangsta - gangstas employ/pay thugs to do their dirty work.

you guys sound like its cool to be blood or crip. those niggas are hopeless cowards who hang out in packs and aint got nothing better to do. at least hustlers try to make their lives better for the future.

i can tell most people in here are from the suburbs and pose in the mirror doing the crip walk.

p.s - don't hate on the o.g - FABOLOUS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2001, 10:50:58 PM »
i agree the term "GANGSTA"  is tossed around too freely now.  the real gangstas are NWA.  and the real Bloods and Crips in LA.

Peace

ToNe1904

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2001, 11:11:50 PM »
i aint recall nobody sayin it waz cool tah be blood or crip. cool or not, itz jus fact. tha resta tha cuntry seem tah think itz cool, in kali...dont nobody bang tah be COOL. itz jussa
lifestyle that prolly neva gonna end. itz been goin on before most of tha muhafuckaz on thiz message board were born. so when bitchazz muhafuckaz like puffy, fabolous n otha foolz throw tha word around....itz almost takin as an insult tah tha muhafuckaz who lost they livez tah represent they set. whetha u think itz cool, dumb..or whateva. its not a TREND in kali so yah, we take summa that shit mo serious. it seem like too many people on hea, cant seperate tha difference between a gangsta....n a business man. jus cus u callin shotz in yo bizness....dont make u gangsta. oh yah, n suge aint tha only gangsta in tha game, pleaze believe. true enuff, he a real muthafuckin g, but he aint tha only one. any of these rapperz out thiz way representin a set on they record, they gangsta. once they throw up a set, they made they choice cus no matter where they go, thas wha people goan think they r. n anybody who know how shit goez down out hea wouldnt be dumb enuff tah claim a gang they aint frum. even snoop, him claimin 20'z....whetha he crip or not, he goan hafta watch hiz back fah bloodz AND cripz tha same....

HNIC

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2001, 01:08:29 AM »
gangstas make money for themselves - bloods and crips are lost niggas who will never advance.

back in the day when i thought kurupt (for example) was 'gangsta' i was like whoaaa. when cnn made that la la diss with the video of daz and kurupt lookalikes getting tossed out of the window i was like 'watch what kurupt does now' then kurupt the fruitcake bows down and asks for nore to feature on his kuruption album. basically kurupt the fruitcake was shook ever since their tour bus got sprayed when they was shooting the ny ny set. don't forget kurupt the dogg pound 'gangsta'  bowed down to dmx when he got confronted by him.

there are rappers who are legitimate thugs but there aint no gangsta rappers out there except FABOLOUS - don't hate, just admit it!

RivieraIII

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2001, 08:18:36 AM »

there are rappers who are legitimate thugs but there aint no gangsta rappers out there except FABOLOUS - don't hate, just admit it!

U probably realize how DUMB that statement is... At least I hope u do...

PLANT

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2001, 09:23:49 AM »
TRAY DEEE IS A MUTHAFUCCIN GANGSTA!!!!
compare him to PD or FABOLOUS and you got some cabbage patch kids....

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2001, 11:51:18 AM »

gangstas make money for themselves - bloods and crips are lost niggas who will never advance.

I'm 100% sure you don't live in Los Angeles. Bloods and Crips control a lot of the drug trade here therefore making money for themselves. The Mexican Mafia and the Cartels obviously control the whole thing but ALL Bloods and Crips aren't just "ignorant" niggas kickin' it on the corner throwin' up gang signs to every car that passes by. They got their respective "hustlers" too. They driving in X5's, Escalades, Navigators, Lexus R300's and what not. You haven't witnessed this so how can you generalize that all Bloods and Crips are just some "petty" thugs. I know for a fact that most of the WANNA-BE Bloods and Crips who replicate these gangs are just some fools who snatch purses and sell dime bags of weed but there are a lot of the REAL ones that push major weight.

Fabolous is a whore! I don't know if he's gangsta or not but he still a whore. "Don't hate, just admit it!"
Puffy ain't a gangsta but his father was! Pretty Melvin!
Scarface is a gangsta and it has been proven!
[I'm soon to be reppin' H-Town y'all! Got to represent!]

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2001, 05:43:44 PM »

I'm 100% sure you don't live in Los Angeles. Bloods and Crips control a lot of the drug trade here therefore making money for themselves. The Mexican Mafia and the Cartels obviously control the whole thing but ALL Bloods and Crips aren't just "ignorant" niggas kickin' it on the corner throwin' up gang signs to every car that passes by. They got their respective "hustlers" too. They driving in X5's, Escalades, Navigators, Lexus R300's and what not. You haven't witnessed this so how can you generalize that all Bloods and Crips are just some "petty" thugs. I know for a fact that most of the WANNA-BE Bloods and Crips who replicate these gangs are just some fools who snatch purses and sell dime bags of weed but there are a lot of the REAL ones that push major weight.

Word son, but its like that in most large inner cities, cuz i've lived in south-side Chicago for for 2 or so years and its the same as Detroit (where i live), and Atlanta (where i've visited family for a few months at a time).  They are basically the same as how you're describing LA, yes gangbangin' started there, and is the biggest there... but U dont gotta go to LA to see "real" bangers, most inner cities got 'em or have had 'em for some time....
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2001, 05:53:29 PM »

Word son, but its like that in most large inner cities, cuz i've lived in south-side Chicago for for 2 or so years and its the same as Detroit (where i live), and Atlanta (where i've visited family for a few months at a time).  They are basically the same as how you're describing LA, yes gangbangin' started there, and is the biggest there... but U dont gotta go to LA to see "real" bangers, most inner cities got 'em or have had 'em for some time....

I know there are "real" gangs in every large inner-city and I'm sure that gangs from L.A. have migrated to cities across America in the 80's to start up businesses and their own sets. Other large cities also have their own respective super-gangs such as in Chicago where the gangbangin' scene is just as big as it is in L.A. I'm sure you know the Vice Lords and BGD's since you lived there. They're influence is huge in the Mid-West. I'm sure that most gang members in every inner-city are "real" but some of them are just mere replicas of images they see on television, specifically the Blood/Crip phenomena where youths have just seen movies or news coverage on these gangs and then one day decided to wear a red or blue rag, therefore making them "fake" in that context. An example is the Blood/Crip emergence in N.Y. None of those Bloods/Crips in N.Y. have any affiliation with the members in L.A. They even admit that they saw news coverage and movies on these gangs and got together a group of people and decided to call themselves Bloods because the name Bloods strikes fear into people thanks to the reputation of the original Bloods from Los Angeles.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2001, 09:43:46 PM »

back in the day when i thought kurupt (for example) was 'gangsta' i was like whoaaa. when cnn made that la la diss with the video of daz and kurupt lookalikes getting tossed out of the window i was like 'watch what kurupt does now' then kurupt the fruitcake bows down and asks for nore to feature on his kuruption album. basically kurupt the fruitcake was shook ever since their tour bus got sprayed when they was shooting the ny ny set. don't forget kurupt the dogg pound 'gangsta'  bowed down to dmx when he got confronted by him.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2001, 10:07:22 PM »

ROTFLMAO!

Where you get that? That's funny as fuck!

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2001, 10:51:40 PM »

ROTFLMAO!

Where you get that? That's funny as fuck!

From this other fourm...yea shit is pretty funny..

HNIC

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2001, 10:55:32 PM »
im cracking up at all guys getting mad at the o.g fabolous.

i don't think you guys have seen fabs new video. if you havent then you have no idea of how much of an o.g fab really is. it's all there - the girls, the cars, the dollar.

'YAAALLL KNOWWW WHOOOOOS KEEPING IT GANGSTA, WE COME THROOOUGH KEEPING IT GANGSTA'

iv'e said it before and i'll say it again - aint no rapping gangstas. you guys need to snap out of that fantasy.

have fun - you need a hug.

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2001, 05:37:53 AM »

im cracking up at all guys getting mad at the o.g fabolous.

aint no rapping gangstas.

There are alotta rappin' gangstas...Snoop is STILL a Crip, he aint on the street puttin' in work,and slangin', but he is still a Crip...U dont leave whenever u feel like it...Same goes for Daz, Kurupt, DJ Quik, they're all still Crips/Bloods, but they aint killin' each other, but they are still in the gang, they just distanced themselves...And there is alotta underground rappers that are in gangs, that are still livin' that lifestyle, cuz they are still broke...EX Detroits own X-Blocc Crips have they own record label and 2 CD's...and they aint famous, and they still do the same shit as they did before they had a record...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"